Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wotja 22 - Generative Music App & Plug-in Host (Free, Pro; AUv3 / VST3)

Comments

• We're now preparing the 22.0.7 release...

• 22.0.8 released!

• @impete said:
    Hi folks,

Did you realise that if you use Wotja as a plug-in host, then if you put those in playlists and albums; the playlists / albums will "work" as expected with your host plug-ins?!

Best wishes, Pete

Hi Pete,

There is no information in the guide for plug-ins yet and I can't find any YouTube tutorials. I would love to get the playlists/albums to work with my host plug-ins but I have no idea how plug-in chains work with the cells and nothing sounds right.

When will the guide for plug-ins be available? Will you have tutorials for v22?

Thanks!

• @quanticsoul said:

@impete said:
    Hi folks,

Did you realise that if you use Wotja as a plug-in host, then if you put those in playlists and albums; the playlists / albums will "work" as expected with your host plug-ins?!

Best wishes, Pete

Hi Pete,

There is no information in the guide for plug-ins yet and I can't find any YouTube tutorials. I would love to get the playlists/albums to work with my host plug-ins but I have no idea how plug-in chains work with the cells and nothing sounds right.

Thanks!

Hi! All I can say is that Tim is continuing to work through this - the amount of work required has been off the charts for just one person!

Pete

• @quanticsoul said:

@impete said:
    Hi folks,

Best wishes, Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks!

Here is the draft outline documentation to keep you going, I hope!

Wotja 22: we've added added support for plug-in hosting by the main Wotja app (iOS, macOS, Windows). Plugins can be in AUv3 format (iOS 14+, macOS) or VST3 format (Windows 10/11).

The hosted plug-ins are "external" to the main Wotja application.

You can view the hosted plug-ins in the new Plug-ins tab.

Wotja plug-in hosting works by presenting you with a number of Chains of Instruments / FX. The first several chains are "Instrument" chains, that allow you to (first) choose a 'source' instrument (AUv3/VST3, depending on platform) in the first 'slot', and one or more FX in the following slots in the chain. The last chain is an optional Master FX chain, where you can have zero, 1 or more FX that are applied the summed output of all Instrument chains.

Instrument chains

There are X of these. You can use as many, or as few, as you want.

Instrument slot (the first slot): Touch/click the slot to browse from the available instrument plug-ins. Choose your favourite instrument plug-in!

Wotja Instrument: the "final output" from Wotja's Mix-level effects is presented as a "Wotja Output" 'Instrument' in the plug-ins tab when you try setting the instrument slot browser. If you select the "Wotja Output" as 'Instrument' for an FX Chain, then you can of course add other AUv3 FX within the chain to further treat it.

Wotja Instrument - audio filtering: By default, your Wotja Mix output in a chain will have output from the Mix FX. However, if you only want it to be driven by the sum of Wotja outputs from Tracks 2 and 3, select these tracks as your Track filter option.

AUv3/VST Instrument: create a chain with your fave AUv3 Instrument as the Instrument

*AUv3/VST Instrument - MIDI filtering: The instrument you select, gets its MIDI data from all MIDI data delivered by all Wotja tracks. However, if you only want it to be driven by (say) MIDI channel 2, select this as your filter using the option you see in the chain.

Chains - how they're mixed: If you have 2 or more FX chains set-up, then simply adjust the relative outputs from the two chains using the Sliders at the bottom of the chain - they're all added together.

Master FX Chain
    You have a Master FX chain at the end, where you can apply AUv3/VST3 FX to the summed outputs of all the other FX chains you have set up. You can configure this to use zero, 1 or more FX that are applied the summed output of all Instrument chains.

Slot menu: Menu icon might show on right of the slot, if you have certain extra options available to you.

More info

• Plug-ins are applied as a 'post process' to all the other work that Wotja does, so your Mix still stands alone and works even without those plug-ins present
    • Easy to use Wotja Audio and/or audio from external Instruments Plug-ins and/or external Effects
    • Your plug-ins work even when using the Recording tab!
    • Your plug-ins work even when in albums / playlists!
  • @impete said:

@quanticsoul said:

@impete said:
    Hi folks,

Best wishes, Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks!

Hi! All I can say is that Tim is continuing to work through this - the amount of work required has been off the charts for just one person!

Pete

Hi again!

The documentation for this has started to appear here:
    https://intermorphic.com/wotja/22/guide/#mix-plug-ins

Best wishes, Pete

• @impete said:

Here is the draft outline documentation to keep you going, I hope!

Thanks Pete! My mixes sound much better

• I've been asked about sharing mixes in forums.

On e.g. KVR, you can share the exported Mix file text directly, such as here:
    https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8323377#p8323377

However, some of the mix files are just too large to share as text in forum posts on e.g. AudioBus (e.g. up to 6 or 7 KB).

Smaller ones are OK however, such as the following.

wotja://wj4UEsDBBQAAAAIAAAAIABDlUtfGgcAAKUQAAAJAAAAbS5taXh0aWtsvVZbd6pKEv4rWZkHX0S7AbmcbPcsEEVUiEBEZc5ZLlBAriIginud_z6NyZloJhMz8zA%2DNF3dRdVXXxVV_nqMH3_7x69HD6003iSboEmBJmw%2D9h6bePPRTwoni3dZuvXX7dg_FX4YtVMrzNuSvBKdRPZPcCXIVtCWqwcktI67IrAemyRAb5OwSQDQJHFklCTqA7L5uC2K9Ld2O_LT2lZrvYvbf4%2DKEJ8KLGnPj94mNqo1HpV2AHxZJ4%2DSz0d2rJSmGB3MM_ANQxMnL54_PZPjqXhK10MttfAj1vM5bzrUImeoetZcZaWA8yVR227EPiv5EjbtscBcbMHU23mScLrsJTEKp7p0Qj7C5ULbor0_DY7lRjTIjUCOpR7HXPY9PjUFhMeXPFMcgOUL8KWAZCbExd8nvuXv%2DgZf%2DV4nRm7qb757775lHcDnRIaSIBXKOT0rFXeavMyo9XnmbcQI2OKMGiUDaBMqrYuD1CJm8XphlBshR7gGAdLBzYudC7ZqMz9Fb9gu%2D094Ob7GO4LI9lu8l_1bvNJ7vEH_EscF%2D8sncVTXcXCnr%2D2q13Y9uXdPf3arf9f%2D8kpf%2DhK3co3bv2fXu7bryf6XPHeueK4kgfPu5eWmFmoswh3OX_q3eHpc9TX%2DfnWLSbqP6Zaf%2Dp07mNQPHHHH%2D3HMPr7zjdivcyzf0V1f697L2%2Dn5Og8Vd77D6XWez9_gtJI_2hfu4A_6H_B_g9Obb1d%2D4_RuDVbX%2DVZ6X%2DsqvWvdezxJ8IongGK%2Dl4dK8T_Y_wa3yg1%2DDvlRvXtxXOdb0TlCEmb_xq0519KNyFZX_d%2DzRTawcLhdI77r2GxitHPmMLr02JoL3AithVauAzTTemxuLXhgzYscYUCjtFOPT6pe6Hph6gFNsmi0NjugHtf1VQc2IUXTNA6pJo2mNxfbvpMU8G0e__Fn89djgcHLqF8D9ADNRzSuf_89ERzXOkRFK9lZ9UBGUx9d_XBc11kX%2DYPVbcDGzx_tN_knukbW33TRGE%2DKkJj1c4HnVQ79pLdlrPFYjzv2Oa6HOOG4UX1u%2D52DjQ8ukQUGr%2DiMxglTkI2c9dEUyGoISUN1uZAMDSqcGJPBygrgMF3qJUbHa3qeHbY8H1F67G6ccJtse4JTSuxxMt_pCRtUYMvisRMkhRIS0H0mLVVyj2u%2DslaJsD9A2xnuNgQ_99KdF_HLfH9Kkl4_s7ckLy6WpzCbzJbDpcHs9f5ZO2d5sjr6mkwevL4w34TBdsFu5sIBgJ0bBdTzLsJmcVph44ERhqvCXXEKHUMsX%2DjLNBtPPKjzG9HkCj5NKlAJO7gWaDniSg7MzP2UU06dF2Oi5LklWlPRXi0wnjdUha928Fw9O_vMnoCCMTGGLPBRUdlgO9gH3FiG2kgKt4OCk1iWgPjZnZaOMJhSVE8stJfVAvAGP%2DFUlIFv5OP113_fcvxhEndK9OWhf1QnVT_OxH_pqBxR78beqz6qqNeaeq0liNPN98KS4nSXXVUUZFFFuac4f4i6DdBIuw0S1RQ6%2DPnjkPjFQ9FtrNuRu2s8ZGhX30OcAV3iCRIk1YVEo_2uWHiXexKALg5bENOr5CEvMj_x8ofcxbvf_8P6Lrc2Uf4EAQW7ED06eJcliU69Q84BuPZuxWnku76TXUAAnO5ioAXoxsMaiX9DB50m3rp%2D4T_EhTN4t4VT_%2DcACaKL1XER5CXQq3hR2_hmvC1AXqIlP4s2aDz43QbRbHVY%2Dolqwg9UOEnpRLvUueIDkHi3Q0MceUdM0JDp_JUB8JYBBt5NAE1dIDGvkF69ti_lVa%2DXpvVJT7upv8wpncyujYJui3mCKDtPF_OwVT%2DZbgvS9YZ9PUBM4q9EXh5InSbevbqnyE%2Dch3qp6_2Dq_cQrmHWyv91nxUwqXBDTUXfpNz_tM9G5qjUGfnYl62VngULk4lXoxyommoMZjzPuy9DfBenYUjPNgvd7uFDl7CszXMFyZ1no4GE6U4FibmhKLtybJ7nsgL6TrmM9lF6WvbJvdZJ8hndjw5x9ZKJRZwsT8kLPtqv9HVfK8x8unSmiYblhz4s9d5kyaRgPD6p81E4ETNrKp%2DMdX8UykrBZtnGOeKBt2Wr1V6xbLUaD7YLgWPPnbN4Wk%2DiYuvmXgq1Ki2mvHlmVh28ML1CKQV7OY12PhNW%2Dwp_Fij6TOWbUsvcVXCwCJ3LYsPsbczx0h7hqP_naiSbjGpNzhg2Z%2DwMd8vCQmOA4AWSoIQpVi5hxQ6XfGTm8jwL5EFiV44%2Dpgx%2DNJ5Rg2If5L7ip6qxT7YMJ3sa6EXTM7slz3BajYr11N_qFhbpk4F1lsuZoVEe6Q5PdFp29oc9r6qlunE1yyuw2UbdnFVJEbfiuIrnR4wbfNa_P8_z_9K_be5D_4Z_9e9XEb8ViVuRvBU7tyJ1K9K3InMrsrciBB_kK1x__PlPUEsBAgAAFAAAAAgAAAAgAEOVS18aBwAApRAAAAkAAAAAAAAAAQAAAAAAAAAAAG0ubWl4dGlrbFBLBQYAAAAAAQABADcAAABBBwAAAAA

Just copy that, and import into Wotja.

Best wishes,

Pete

• For larger mix files the easy way to share is by copying them to a cloud file host (Dropbox, Google Drive et al) and just creating a public link to them for pasting here or in other forums.

Note that it’s best to put the mix in a zip archive if you are going to do this because some of the places you might want to share the link to won’t recognise .wotja as a valid file type. But they all know what a .zip file is.

Might be a good time to mention that, while most mix files are tiny, if you have a mix using a plugin that saves its own audio files in presets ( hi Gauss!) those can be huge in comparison. So external hosting is the only option for those.

• Also, iOS/macOS users might be interested in this:

https://intermorphic.com/wotja/url/

and this:

https://intermorphic.com/wotja/22/guide/#player-safari

Best wishes, Pete

• Wotja 22.0.9 should land in a day or two!

Pete

• @impete said:
    Wotja 22.0.9 should land in a day or two!

Pete

Thank you, fixes I guess?

• edited January 2022

@god said:

@impete said:
    Wotja 22.0.9 should land in a day or two!

Pete

Thank you, fixes I guess?

Yes!

For iOS/macOS:
    FIXED: Wotja AUv3 Plug-in issue that required the Plug-in UI to be displayed before the DAW transport control worked.
    FIXED: Wotja AUv3 Plug-in General Word bank initialisation issue

For Window: a lot more :)
    FIXED: VST3: was unable to run at 48000 (but was OK at 44100) in certain plug-in hosts
    FIXED: VST3: Transport bar control from Ableton Live and Tracktion Waveform Pro
    FIXED: App and VST3: alerts can appear behind the app/plug-in Window
    IMPROVED: VST3: Settings screen: replace “Output Device” (which showed an empty pop-up) with
    a simple label, displaying text like this (localized):
    “VST3 Plug-in: 48000 Hz”
    IMPROVED: App: Added Help Menu item to “Install Wotja VST3”
    FIXED: VST3: issue that required the Wotja plug-in UI to be displayed before the DAW transport
    control worked.
    IMPROVED: App: can now auto-copy the VST3, if not yet done, at start-up; prompts user whenever they start the app, if the VST3 has not yet been copied
    IMPROVED: App: if the VST3 version available to install is more recent that the
    installed VST3 version, then on app start-up prompt the user the copy the updated VST3

Best wishes,

Pete

• Hi folks,

We've just submitted Wotja 22.0.10 for review:

FIXED: macOS AUv3: Issue where the AUv3 didn’t always initialise Virtual MIDI ports properly
    FIXED: Windows VST3: Issue with unresponsive pop-up menus when hosted by Cakewalk
    FIXED: the app (and plug-in) have more responsive user interfaces

Best wishes, Pete

• Hi folks,

We've just submitted Wotja 22.0.11 for review:

IMPROVED: MIDI Output latency default value is now 10 ms (was: 100 ms).
    IMPROVED: MIDI Output latency minimum value is now zero (was: 10 ms).
    IMPROVED: Plug-in scanning is faster as Wotja AUv3/VST3 is no longer scanned.
    IMPROVED (Windows): VST3 Plug-in scanning for a number of Plug-ins, including “Simple Concept.vst3”.
    FIXED (Windows): MIDI routing issue on Tracktion Waveform Pro.
    FIXED (macOS): Note hanging issue seen in Logic when driving internal synth via Virtual MIDI and stopping playback

Best wishes, Pete

• Good work, @impete Thanks!

• Thank you for the continued updates! @impete

• @Pierre118 said:
    Good work, @impete Thanks!
    @god said:
    Thank you for the continued updates! @impete

Thank you both very much! :)

I'll now try to take the weekend off :wink:

Best wishes, Pete

• edited January 2022

Is it just me or in iOS15.2.1 do AU instruments loaded into WJ 22.0.10 just end up with a white screen in the GUI?
    At the start I at least saw the AU GUI but as soon as I touched it , bam it disappeared. Now I get a white pane for any AU I load.
    The AU shows as still loaded… but no audio output from WJ at all . Not even the internal generators.
    Same for me on 2 iPads. Gen 1 pro and 6th gen iPad.

AU’ s work in other hosts .

• I can’t duplicate that here on a 4th gen iPad Air running 15.2.1. Will test on an older model later.

• edited January 2022

@ltf3 said:
    Is it just me or in iOS15.2.1 do AU instruments loaded into WJ 22.0.10 just end up with a white screen in the GUI?
    At the start I at least saw the AU GUI but as soon as I touched it , bam it disappeared. Now I get a white pane for any AU I load.
    The AU shows as still loaded… but no audio output from WJ at all . Not even the internal generators.
    Same for me on 2 iPads. Gen 1 pro and 6th gen iPad.

AU’ s work in other hosts .
    @UMCorps said:
    I can’t duplicate that here on a 4th gen iPad Air running 15.2.1. Will test on an older model later.

Thanks Mark! I can't easily test right now as the software is "up on the blocks" with some new development!

Pete

• Trying to improve the plug-in scanning process via a new screen (work-in-progress)...

Pete

• You need to get the new nightly from Surge. The XT (synth and fx) are now flagged as sandbox safe!

• @UMCorps said:
    You need to get the new nightly from Surge. The XT (synth and fx) are now flagged as sandbox safe!

Woof! :)

Pete

• I might have mentioned this before(!), but Surge XT is a magnificent synth. 🙏

• @UMCorps said:
    I might have mentioned this before(!), but Surge XT is a magnificent synth. 🙏

I had noticed that! ;)

Pete

• Now displaying plug-in icons and versions in the scanner!

Pete

• @impete said 2 days ago : 'I'll now try to take the weekend off :wink:'...........

• @Pierre118 said:
    @impete said 2 days ago : 'I'll now try to take the weekend off :wink:'...........

Ooops :)

• Funny that quite a few AUs seem to be missing icons - at least on macOS!