Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Using Loopy Pro? Join us on Discord too

edited January 2022 in Loopy Pro

An announcement for the Loopy Pros:

I've decided to go all-in with Loopy Pro's Discord community, as it's now 500-strong and growing. Pretty sure this is now the main community for Loopy Pro, so if you're a user, do install Discord then come and join us:

https://loopypro.com/discord

If you’d prefer not to, there’s also a Loopy Pro category here on the forum.

Comments

• Is there a way to open Discord from the browser without having to use the app?.

• @tahiche said:
    Is there a way to open Discord from the browser without having to use the app?.

It only opens the app if you have it installed, otherwise it will give you the web interface in your browser.
    Even if you have the app and click the link above (which will likely automatically open the app), if you can stop the app from opening there is a button saying "Continue to Discord", which is for the web interface. At least on a Mac, with Firefox.

• edited January 2022

@hellquist said:

@tahiche said:

It only opens the app if you have it installed, otherwise it will give you the web interface in your browser.
    Even if you have the app and click the link above (which will likely automatically open the app), if you can stop the app from opening there is a button saying "Continue to Discord", which is for the web interface. At least on a Mac, with Firefox.

Hmm...but as I added the last bit with Mac/Firefox I figured I should try it on my iPad. Can't for the life of me find a login for the web interface, it keeps opening the app (which I have installed).

EDIT: testing some more. Someone suggested to open Discord.com as a desktop web site instead of as a mobile web site. Sounded great, but I noticed that is actually what both Safari and Firefox (on my iPad) defaults to. Even more annoyingly: when I reload the discord web site I can see the "login" button flash past very quickly in the top right corner, but it is then removed. I tried to intercept it, so far without luck.

EDIT 2 (usually multiple edits bug out here, but lets try): Apparently it is quite simple. You just add /app after discord.com so https://discord.com/app will open the web interface even on iPad. I see reports on that some functionality isn't working great though, but that seem to be mostly related to video and voice.

• @tahiche said:

+1

• @ervin said:

@tahiche said:

+1

I edited my second reply above to include further instructions on possible solution.

• @hellquist said:

@ervin said:

@tahiche said:

+1

I edited my second reply above to include further instructions on possible solution.

Yes, thank you. Meanwhile I also did a bit of testing and it turns out if you open the website in the browser on android, and do it in desktop mode, you get an extra option to use the Web version, which is hidden in the mobile view. (Which I think is a dodgy trick from them.)

Anyway, your solution adding /app is more convenient.

• edited January 2022

I don’t have the discord app so the link keeps taking me to the AppStore

• @ervin said:

@tahiche said:

+1

Why would you not want to use the app? Bizarre.

• edited January 2022

@Michael_R_Grant said:

@ervin said:

@tahiche said:

+1

ah somewhere like china dont have discord app in app store

• @Michael said:

I've decided to go all-in with Loopy Pro's Discord community, as it's now 400-strong and growing. Pretty sure this is now the main community for Loopy Pro, so if you're a user, do come and join us:

Hi Michael, this is the first Loopy decision of yours I've had to question.

You already have the most successful iOS music forum on the web (this one) - why splinter off the Loopy Pro community elsewhere on another platform?

Just seems like a wasted opportunity to bring new users here and have a dedicated Loopy Pro sub-forum.

Can I be arsed to try and engage with Discord as well...? Seems like a lot of effort for not much benefit.

• @benlefoe said:

@Michael said:

I've decided to go all-in with Loopy Pro's Discord community, as it's now 400-strong and growing. Pretty sure this is now the main community for Loopy Pro, so if you're a user, do come and join us:

You already have the most successful iOS music forum on the web (this one) - why splinter off the Loopy Pro community elsewhere on another platform?

Just seems like a wasted opportunity to bring new users here and have a dedicated Loopy Pro sub-forum.

Can I be arsed to try and engage with Discord as well...? Seems like a lot of effort for not much benefit.

Discord's different to a forum, it's much more of a real-time chat. It's not a place where you look at different threads and back at past debates, it's very much about the 'now'. It's not a good place to keep track of feedback at all, but it is good for in-the-moment conversations. I can certainly see it being a social and helpful hub for Loopy Pro users, but I'm happy that Michael still has here and the Slack channel for specific bug reports,.

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    Discord's different to a forum, it's much more of a real-time chat. It's not a place where you look at different threads and back at past debates, it's very much about the 'now'.

Maybe that's why I don't get it... I _like _ the archive of content and information. I like the fact that you can go through a forum and find answers, and patches, and advice and app reviews which might be 2,3,4 years old.

And I'm already getting alerts from Facebook, Twitter and Telegram which cover all sorts of topics. So my problem is, do I want to download another app/platform just to get alerts about a single iOS app? Not really!

• @benlefoe said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:
    Discord's different to a forum, it's much more of a real-time chat. It's not a place where you look at different threads and back at past debates, it's very much about the 'now'.

Maybe that's why I don't get it... I _like _ the archive of content and information. I like the fact that you can go through a forum and find answers, and patches, and advice and app reviews which might be 2,3,4 years old.

And I'm already getting alerts from Facebook, Twitter and Telegram which cover all sorts of topics. So my problem is, do I want to download another app/platform just to get alerts about a single iOS app? Not really!

It requires a different mindset for sure. I definitely prefer forums, but have only been tangentially involved in Discord so far.

• what are people like on this 'discord' thing? are they all arseholes, or are they nice? given the choice of name it sounds like the former

• @u0421793 said:
    what are people like on this 'discord' thing? are they all arseholes, or are they nice? given the choice of name it sounds like the former

Given that it's for Loopy Pro I would imagine that most of them would be musicians.

• @u0421793 said:
    what are people like on this 'discord' thing? are they all arseholes, or are they nice? given the choice of name it sounds like the former

they are far less open and polite than people from forums, that's for sure

• Nope, not doing the discord thing. I'm old school and prefer forums...
    That discord thing will be one place where those who want to avoid me can hang out.

Enjoy the 'samu free zone' :sunglasses:

• @vasilymilovidov said:

Really? :) Not that I know.

• @yaosichen said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

@ervin said:

@tahiche said:

+1

ah somewhere like china dont have discord app in app store

That’s a very good point. I wonder if there’s a workaround to that?

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

@benlefoe said:

@Michael said:

Discord's different to a forum, it's much more of a real-time chat. It's not a place where you look at different threads and back at past debates, it's very much about the 'now'. It's not a good place to keep track of feedback at all, but it is good for in-the-moment conversations. I can certainly see it being a social and helpful hub for Loopy Pro users, but I'm happy that Michael still has here and the Slack channel for specific bug reports,.

I have a feeling that Slack will be phased out soon enough and seems like Discord is easier to keep track of things for @Michael.

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

@ervin said:

@tahiche said:

+1

On iOS, it’s a lot easier to block trackers etc in the browser than in an app.

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

@ervin said:

@tahiche said:

+1

If by "bizarre" you mean you can't imagine valid reasons for this, but are still potentially interested in what others may think, read on. :)

The reason I don't want to use such an app is the same reason I don't use other apps like amazon etc. where you have a Web alternative. Some of my issues with apps vs browser-based access:

• you can't open multiple instances
    • you can't copy/paste content
    • you can't share without the link nagging the recipient to download the app themselves, so you're forced to push it on your friends
    • one more app to open/maintain etc.

Having a separate mobile app is certainly a good idea for the app/platform provider because they have more control over it; but not so much for the users. Using this kind of stuff in the browser almost always offers you, the user, a much easier, more convenient, more manageable and flexible user experience.

IMHO, of course.

• will my Audiobus login work seamlessly in the ‘discord’ too?

• @u0421793 said:
    will my Audiobus login work seamlessly in the ‘discord’ too?

Don't think so, guess you'll need to create a new account or use Facebook, Twitter or something else :sunglasses:

• I hear Discord may be pushing for phone verification on new accounts if they haven’t already.

• @vasilymilovidov said:

@u0421793 said:

I have seen no evidence of this. Forum’s aren’t generalizably visited by people that are particularly welk-behaved. It varies tons from community to community. AB Forum is generally less trolly than many forums. The folks on the discord seem no less reasonable.

I don’t love the discord UX. But I have no complaints about the folks on the Loopy discord.

• @espiegel123 said:

@vasilymilovidov said:

@u0421793 said:

I have seen no evidence of this. Forum’s aren’t generalizably visited by people that are particularly welk-behaved. It varies tons from community to community. AB Forum is generally less trolly than many forums. The folks on the discord seem no less reasonable.

I don’t love the discord UX. But I have no complaints about the folks on the Loopy discord.

I was being sarcastic, I think the opposite is true ;)

• I think discord is a perfect place for discussing particular things. forum discussions tend to be more general and reflect some basic knowledge and opinions. discord conversations usually are more specific. anyhow both are great!

• Good move @Michael

Discord is a perfect place to discuss Loopy Pro.