Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What We Need From Music App Developers in 2020 | haQ attaQ

1235»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ehehehe said:
    Cubasis master/slave midi sync, sidechain and PDC
    The ability to delete included samples in all apps
    A sampler auv3 with 90's Akai/E-Mu features
    Stability and bug fixes
    More innovative apps using the touchscreen as its main interface

You forgot Ensoniq for the Transwaves and effects.

• @Samu said:

@AudioGus said:

@Samu said:
    Sitala (Free!) was just update to 1.0 on the desktop...
    https://decomposer.de/sitala/

As far as I know Sitala is 100% Juce so an iOS/iPadOS port should be doable.
    (I never received a reply from the dev when I mailed them ~6 months ago or so).

We're planning on messing with this in the next few months to see how much work it looks like it would be. The two things we'll have to evaluate will be how much work it takes to get it compiling for iOS (probably not too much), but more importantly, how much of the interface we'll have to rework to make it sensible for touch-screens. It's mostly built around drag-and-drop at the moment, uses right click menus, etc. and all of that would have to change.

• @scotchi said:

We're planning on messing with this in the next few months to see how much work it looks like it would be. The two things we'll have to evaluate will be how much work it takes to get it compiling for iOS (probably not too much), but more importantly, how much of the interface we'll have to rework to make it sensible for touch-screens. It's mostly built around drag-and-drop at the moment, uses right click menus, etc. and all of that would have to change.

That's good to hear!

Drag'n'Drop of files is doable from the Files.app 'pop-over' and some apps & plug-ins already implement it.
    The current UI looks very 'touch friendly' already and I can really feel the 'thought process' that went onto choosing the parameters. (Personally I see 'reverse' as a 'performance parameter' but that's another thing).

Two-Finger tap, Double-tap or Long-tap on objects is quite widely used as 'right click' on iOS/iPadOS.
    (ie. 'Right Click' events could be directly substituted).

When Sitala first dropped I mentioned it to one of the former BM3 developers and according to him it should be a pretty straightforward thing to port, don't know what he does nowadays though...

I'd be more than happy to assist with beta-testing when that time comes :)

Cheers!

• So, this answered the first part of the question: getting things building on iOS was easy. Lots of the interface bits don't work, but that's something we'll evaluate in the next release cycle.

• @scotchi said:
    So, this answered the first part of the question: getting things building on iOS was easy. Lots of the interface bits don't work, but that's something we'll evaluate in the next release cycle.

Welcome to the forum @scotchi ! I use Sitala in Reaper so this is very exciting. B)

• Very cool! 😎