Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

[Solved] Arturia Keystep - can I assign the knobs as MIDI controls?

I have a Keystep 37 that I'm using with AUM. Is it possible to assign the knobs as MIDI controls to adjust parameters such as volume? I've tried going into AUM and learning the knob but it doesn't seem to see any MIDI values changing when I turn the knobs.

Comments

• McDMcD
    edited January 2022

Is the Keystep assigned to MIDI Control in the MIDI Matrix?

• Boom! That was the problem! Thanks McD!

• @ljholland said:
    Boom! That was the problem! Thanks McD!

I'm so glad it was that single issue... troubleshooting MIDI usually involves using something like MIDI Spy, MIDi Wrench or some other observability tool and in many cases it's beyond so many to set it up. I have been frustrated to troubleshoot CC events since MIDI Spy seemed to not report them and yet I was pretty sure they were flowing through.

AUM's MIDI feature set really helps...even if @j_liljedahl cautiously declines to make AUM accept a MIDI slave role. I'm sure he knows why this would be folly for an AUv3 host. I'm just glad I can point Piano Motifs, Xequence 2, Limbeats Apps or Gadget at AUM and everything seems to work. It even has great support for Bluetooth MIDI connections and IDAM.

Mastering the MIDI matrix routing is key to most connectivity issues and the CC to AUv3 parameters is really well done.