Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is 4pockets Analyzer and Tuner really the only AUv3 tuner available?

Seems like a pretty basic thing. I want to know the pitch of sounds (external synths) going into my interface and AUM. I've been just sticking my phone near a speaker with TonalEnergy, but figured an AUv3 would be more accurate and simpler.

4pockets Analyzer and Tuner looks nice and I'll probably pick it up, just curious if there were other options.

Comments

• Strange as it seems, I believe 4pockets is the only dedicated tuner AUv3.

There's a tuner module in NuRack, and a tuner that's easy to wire up using miRack, but I just grab 4pockets tuner.

As for accuracy, whether it's AUv3 or not makes no difference.

• @tsamba said:
    Seems like a pretty basic thing. I want to know the pitch of sounds (external synths) going into my interface and AUM. I've been just sticking my phone near a speaker with TonalEnergy, but figured an AUv3 would be more accurate and simpler.

4pockets Analyzer and Tuner looks nice and I'll probably pick it up, just curious if there were other options.

TonalEnergy does support IAA, so you can insert in an effect slot, but you obviously have to view it either with full screen or split screen.

• Lots of guitar apps have tuners and are AUv3. For example you can use Overloud th-u just for the tuner and have not a single component loaded in the app, completely transparent signal passthrough. The tuner is visually useful as well as midi controllable in every way.

And I must mention that Nembrini Audio is indeed about to release a dedicated tuner app, sometime soon.

• Not AU, but you can’t beat a strobe tuner for easy accuracy. I like Peterson Tuner’s iStrobosoft on iOS.

https://apps.apple.com/app/istrobosoft/id308296029?l=en

• Now we also have Chow BYOD, which has a tuner module.. among many great modules.. ohh, and it's FREE.
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/byod/id1595313287

• This is back on sale, and I'm thinking it might be a great option to have on a master-bus as a tuning reference when sound-designing from samples.

Would this plug be a good recommendation?

• @wim said:
    Strange as it seems, I believe 4pockets is the only dedicated tuner AUv3.

There's a tuner module in NuRack, and a tuner that's easy to wire up using miRack, but I just grab 4pockets tuner.

As for accuracy, whether it's AUv3 or not makes no difference.

Anybody else having instacrashes with NuRackFX in AUM ? Used to work fine for me. I’m on IOS 15.6.

• @tsamba thanks for asking this question. I usually use 4P Analyzer to check notes in samples and it works pretty well. I also use Beat Time to check for chords, but it does t have any connectivity. When I saw on this thread that Chow BYOD has a tuner I tried it out and it is waaaay more accurate down to the octave and cents. I’m stoked to have tripped over this tool, going back to retune a bunch of samples I’ve already used. Thanks for binging it up. Also thanks to @sharifkerbage for suggesting it.

• i love sampling and doing samples based beats, so i always wished for an auv3 sample note key or root key finder, not a tuner which is not the same thing, something that work like Caustic 3 find root feature, plus i always thought that a sample note key finder should be a feature included in any app or hardware sampler

• @SLPGroundSoundMusic sEGments sampler detects key though I can’t say how accurately.

• I just bought 4pockets analyser and it looks like it operates pre-fader in Garageband. This makes it pretty useless there. But in Cubasis it can work pre or post fader.

• Not sure if that was intended for me, but thanks! Turns out I already had it downloaded, but hadn't realised it was Auv3.

Reckon it should do the job fine :)

• @king_picadillo said:
    @SLPGroundSoundMusic sEGments sampler detects key though I can’t say how accurately.

it does have the concept of what im talking about for in a sampler, but is not really accurate when it comes to detecting the sample key notes, also its not an official auv3 root note finder that i can use with any other sampler, meaning i can't add it to a mixer insert fx channel to detect root keys !