Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad apps you wish were on iPhone

Maybe I'm not thinking this through. There are obviously some interfaces that just won't work out well. The first one I went for was iM1. Seems like the only way to get it on iPhone is to download Gadget. Usability is probably the biggest issue for me and I'm not even sure how well iM1 would fare. Mela 2 is done pretty well but I still don't really like it all squished in.

Please feel free to discuss.

Comments

• Any Gadget-compatible app that requires an iPad to sideload it onto the iPhone. Fabfilter apps. Many iPad-only Klevgrand apps, ESPECIALLY korvpressor.

• All Of Them.

• You must have good eyes. I just went through all I have on iPad and once you remove those that are iPad only, and too small to be useable, there's not much left. I wish Nave was on iPhone as it looked like and eyeball friendly option.

• Turnado, Borderlands

• @Ailerom said:
    You must have good eyes. I just went through all I have on iPad and once you remove those that are iPad only, and too small to be useable, there's not much left. I wish Nave was on iPhone as it looked like and eyeball friendly option.

A lot of iPad apps that don’t seem ‘useable’ on iPhone would be fine if the UI was designed to be more responsive to different screen sizes. Many larger UIs could be made to work in iPhone with a bit of scrolling or tab/panel switching.

It does require a lot more work and UI design can be under appreciated. But it’s usually doable in theory.

If the biggest screen available on any device was the size of an iPhone, developers would make it work.

• I wish the weather app from the iPhone was on the iPad.

Oh wait, I’m doing this wrong aren’t I?

• edited January 2022

For my current line up, Drum Computer and Tal-u lo-Nx

I’d buy SynthMaster 2 if that was universal too.

It doesn’t bother me if iPhone interfaces are a bit fiddly - it’s more so that you can transfer any project with au’s in it from iPad to iPhone and it’ll still play. A good responsive interface is a bonus.

Kudos to @sinosoidal for bringing FRMS to iPhone recently.

Edit: forgot Skaka!!

• mixbox cs

• Samplr and Turnado although the former probably would need a UI rework on the iPhone.

• @supadom said:
    Samplr and Turnado although the former probably would need a UI rework on the iPhone.

Samplr was the first one I lamented.

• Samplr and Fab filter

• Octachron
    Fabfilters (somehow :) )
    Samplr
    Digistix 2
    Audiodamage synths
    Synthmaster 2
    Mixbox
    Sugar Bytes apps
    Missing Klevgrand apps

• @Tarekith said:
    I wish the weather app from the iPhone was on the iPad.

Oh wait, I’m doing this wrong aren’t I?

Nah, I’ll add Calculator to the list.

I’d say a lot of the Audiodamage apps and Sugarbytes. I do like Effectrix and recently got Turnado.