Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What’s the closest iOS equivalent of the BigSky reverb Pedal?

As the title said. Any ideas?

Comments

• Which algorithm?

• So far, I've found Eventide Blackhole the closest to the Bigsky's reverse algorithm, and Blue Mangoo's Stratosphere the most similar to the Bigsky's cloud algorithm

• @sharifkerbage said:
    So far, I've found Eventide Blackhole the closest to the Bigsky's reverse algorithm, and Blue Mangoo's Stratosphere the most similar to the Bigsky's cloud algorithm

+1

• I didn’t even realize the Big Sky had reverse reverb. Surprisingly uncommon in reverb pedals. Probably skipped over the Big Sky when looking at which pedals had reverse reverb because it’s so spendy.

• @sharifkerbage said:
    So far, I've found Eventide Blackhole the closest to the Bigsky's reverse algorithm, and Blue Mangoo's Stratosphere the most similar to the Bigsky's cloud algorithm

Already had Blackhole. Just bought Stratosphere. It sounds great. Thanks.

• To my ears, TB reverb comes the closest to the boutique shimmer reverb pedals. It’s magic. I'd say Eos2 is good also.

• @tsamba said:
    I didn’t even realize the Big Sky had reverse reverb. Surprisingly uncommon in reverb pedals. Probably skipped over the Big Sky when looking at which pedals had reverse reverb because it’s so spendy.

Yes, it's among the non-linear ones.. and it's sooo beautiful

• @cyberheater said:

@sharifkerbage said:

Already had Blackhole. Just bought Stratosphere. It sounds great. Thanks.

Cheers!

• I don’t know the sound of that particular pedal but FAC Alteza is lovely.

• TB Reverb is great too.

• Stratosphere is nice. I think it was intended to be similar to one of Big Sky’s modes.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Stratosphere is nice. I think it was intended to be similar to one of Big Sky’s modes.

Yes, it is based on the Cloud Reverb patch in BigSky!

• @espiegel123 said:
    Stratosphere is nice. I think it was intended to be similar to one of Big Sky’s modes.

This.

Eventide‘s reverb Blackhole is also cool. But if you wanted to closest to BS Cloud, this is it.

• I’m still a big fan of the Mono Plate algorithm in EOS2 for ambient guitar. If you combine it with some slow modulation and crank up the decay you get a very creamy wide breathing reverb.

• Eos2 also has the infinite reverb button which can be a lot of fun to turn on and off.

• @cyberheater said:

Nothing , the magic is in the analog dry through , the way dry and wet signal is blended ,it gives the pedal a “sound” (though some don’t like it ).

I personally prefer reverbs from eventide
    Though I still own my big sky

Best iOS reverbs

Blackhole
    Alteza (Valhalla shimmer inspired )
    EOS 2
    Pro R2 for realistic

• Thafknar with BigSky impulse responses loaded.
      Doesn't work for pitched effects but works perfectly for the reverb part.
  • @rs2000 said:

Where can you find BigSky IRs?

• edited January 2022

@benlefoe said:

@rs2000 said:

Where can you find BigSky IRs?

Check this neighbor thread:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/12201/anybody-with-a-strymon-bigsky-pedal-around/p1

They need some trimming but they sound great.

• @rs2000 said:
    Check this neighbor thread:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/12201/anybody-with-a-strymon-bigsky-pedal-around/p1

They need some trimming but they sound great.

Thank you! :)

• @hisdudeness said:

@cyberheater said:

Nothing , the magic is in the analog dry through , the way dry and wet signal is blended ,it gives the pedal a “sound” (though some don’t like it ).

I personally prefer reverbs from eventide
    Though I still own my big sky

Best iOS reverbs

Blackhole
    Alteza (Valhalla shimmer inspired )
    EOS 2
    Pro R2 for realistic

Yes, I'm using the Eventide Blackhole and Shimmer reverbs as pluins in AUM on my pedalboard! Perfect for that church worship tones!
    Haven't tried Statosphere. How much different is that from Alteza and Blackhole?