Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hard Drive, Flash Drive, Wireless drive???

Hello peeps. SO I am sorry to ask questions about my new MacBook and Logic, but you guys are the best here……

So i did not follow @klownshed advice and I have been installing a lot of items. 😂.
What would YOU all recommend for an external HD solution that would work if I’m in studio, or sitting on couch.

Thanks!!!!

Comments

• @onerez said:
    Hello peeps. SO I am sorry to ask questions about my new MacBook and Logic, but you guys are the best here……

So i did not follow @klownshed advice and I have been installing a lot of items. 😂.
    What would YOU all recommend for an external HD solution that would work if I’m in studio, or sitting on couch.

Thanks!!!!

How about a network file server? Could be an Apple Time Machine, but there are other choices, maybe even your router.

However, I doubt that you'll be able to install apps on any device not permanently connected to your MacBook. So you'll be focussed on offloading data and file backups. Does the computer have room for another Flash drive?

• I use a Samsung T7 1tb ssd drive and I’m very pleased with it.

• @Strizbiz said:
    I use a Samsung T7 1tb ssd drive and I’m very pleased with it.

Yes been reading and watching reviews on this. Looks good. Might go with the extreme pro 2TB.

@uncledave I have a great hub and use the apple adapter, but in thinking the external SSD might be the route to go.

• edited January 2022

Another vote for the T7 or even an older T5. Amazing drives, super fast and nice and compact, I use 4 of them here in my studio and never had an issue.

• edited January 2022

SSD if you are streaming any large synth expansions directly from external storage. Like you can with all the Gospel Musicians, aka Midiculous apps. SSD’s transfer data way faster then regular external HD. You can get the first generation Sandisk extreme portable SSD, transfer rates up to 550mb/sec, at a discount. I actually found a 1tb one, for like $35 about 5-6 months ago. the newer models, the 2nd generation are available as well, they go up to double the speed, 1100mb/sec. These aren’t always necessary, SSD’s are more expensive but they transfer data at much faster rates. they are nice to have, and very useful for most situations.

For regular samples, loops, etc… storage, etc… I use a Seagate 2TB Backup Plus - Ultra Tpuch.

I have another 256GB SSD, it’s generic but I got for $7 on clearance at Walmart.

I also use a bunch of jump drives/usb sticks that I’ve accumulated over the years, everything from 4GB to 128GB.

I need to get an 8-10 TB external drive to basically back up my life. Lol. But seriously.