Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best samplers

Your best auv3 samplers?

Comments

• SampleWiz 2 for one-sample instruments and Koala drums and loops.
    If I need to get more geeky, Drambo and SunVox...

• edited January 2022

I like segments and koala
    and samplr

• I'm with Samu

AUv3: Koala and Samplewiz 2 (by Bleass)

Non-AUv3, but should be mentioned: Beatmaker 3 and Samplr :tongue:

Special mentions: Werkbench, Yellofier, elsa, and Tardigrain + Borderlands (Granular)

• edited January 2022

Koala auv3 for timestretching samples and then exporting to Obsidian and Slate in NS2 for playback.

AudioLayer auv3 for its disc-streaming when a sample is too memory intensive to play in Obsidian or Slate.

• Drambo.
    Between the “Flexi Sampler” and the regular “Sampler” it really covers a lot of ground. Obviously, you also have a lot of additional tools at your disposal too with Drambo.

• there is still nothing like the sampler that is contained in beat maker 3!?!

• Koala is definitely high up on the list with both IAPs purchased. It slices, it’s high quality, easy to use, and fun.

Chameleon is pretty good, at least I’ve always liked and used it.

Audiolayer for SFZ patches, and EXS but there were some issues, I think they got sorted though

Drambo - does it all

Beatmaker 3 Full on DAW

Segments for some slicing

For quick one shot drum kits sitala

For velocity layered drums Digistix 2, which actually does loops, and can slice

• Samplewiz 2 for one-shots, Koala for everything else. I wish we could have Beatmaker 3's sampler as an AUv3, but I'm cool with what we got already.

• My favorites:

• AudioLayer for large multisampled instruments that would otherwise never fit into memory
    • Drambo for fast sampling and the most creative processing
    • Ryouta Kira KQ Sampei for using SF2 sound fonts (not perfect but getting better and better)

I do like the BM3 sampler for the most hardware-like sampling experience too but it's not an AUv3.

• I think I have every sampler available on iOS but I use them all in different ways.

Koala is great for that 404 feel. Sitala is the best for quick drum kit making. Borderlands is my all time favorite app (not AU though). Samplewiz 2 is also great for turning samples into huge, ambient pads. And then SK-51 because I love those early Casio keyboards.

Some more niche ones that I enjoy are Soundbow, Sampletoy, Minimic, and of course the Igor apps.

• Koala for a hot mic, on the scene music making greatness

Samplewiz for one noted samples

Bm3 when I want serious sample power

• edited August 2023

Not AUV3, or even an app.. but this bird…

https://youtube.com/shorts/QR4-3g4Jr20?feature=share

• audiolayer, if it would be not that buggy

• @RajahP said:

😂 Superb little creatures 🍻

• If you can stand the mess, they’re very portable and have amazing battery life. Not cheep….

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Can I ask an additional question, without hijacking entirely: which samplers do a full spread of notes/zones playable at the same time, IE not limited to 16 midi notes/pads at a time. I want to be able to theoretically play all 128 notes at once without swapping between banks. Practically of course I wont press all 128 notes at once but hopefully you understand what I mean

• @PDK said:
    Not cheep….

• @RajahP said:

Sweet! 😊

• edited August 2023

Beatcutter maybe.
    Koala.
    Reslice.
    Drambo.
    Neon.
    Samplewiz 2

• AUV3 Koala , hands down. Not Audio Unit compatible, but Flip is also fun to use , and has some great automation features not found in other iPad samplers.

• Dawnbeat

• edited August 2023

The new Flip update is really cool but Koala is probably my most used music app in general. It’s just a masterpiece. DawnBeat is a great new one as well. Neon also. Does way more than meets the eye.

Also Fieldscaper/Soundscaper, Samplewiz 2, Borderlands/FRMS (and most granular apps). For grooveboxes Hypertron, GR-16, Beathawk, and Drambo are amazing. Samplr is a classic. Launchpad and Blocs are standalone and IAA only I believe but is an amazing clip launcher/groovebox type thing. Loopy Pro obviously. Poly 2. oSampler is free I believe and rarely gets mentioned but is really decent. SunVox, ReSlice, Segments, EG Pulse, AudioLayer. SK-51 is a personal fave. So many options.

And then there’s the master Beatmaker 3.

• @Bruques said:
    Can I ask an additional question, without hijacking entirely: which samplers do a full spread of notes/zones playable at the same time, IE not limited to 16 midi notes/pads at a time. I want to be able to theoretically play all 128 notes at once without swapping between banks. Practically of course I wont press all 128 notes at once but hopefully you understand what I mean

audio layer?

• @cokomairena said:

@Bruques said:
    Can I ask an additional question, without hijacking entirely: which samplers do a full spread of notes/zones playable at the same time, IE not limited to 16 midi notes/pads at a time. I want to be able to theoretically play all 128 notes at once without swapping between banks. Practically of course I wont press all 128 notes at once but hopefully you understand what I mean

audio layer?

Yeah that seems to be the main one.
    I see that digistix has 64 which is pretty good, but I really would like 128,, and its unclear with chameleon, it has 16 pads but i wonder if that is just UI, and that the key zoning screen maybe does not have a 16 limit at all, i guess i won't know till i get it. not many devs do full documentation and not all yt videos serve that purpose, so sometimes you dont know until

• Welp, no one made mention of using Loopy Pro as a sampling app.

• @Bruques said:

I'd be surprised if any sampler on iOS/iPadOS is set up for 128-voice polyphony.

• @loopingstarmusic said:
    AUV3 Koala , hands down. Not Audio Unit compatible, but Flip is also fun to use , and has some great automation features not found in other iPad samplers.

+100. I keep Koala in my default Drambo template and use it to sample everything. There’s nothing faster, and it’s just so good for playing with ideas.

Loopy Pro one-shots are fantastic too.

• for simple stuff i just use the cubasis one, audiolayer for more complex stuff.

• People have mentioned Drambo I see, but what about Logic Pro for iPad?