Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Question about App backup with iMazing

edited January 2022 in Other

Hi

One of my (non-music) apps has announced an update that will change (i.e. nerf) some well-loved features. I think this update has already rolled out though I update all my apps manually and haven't installed it.

Other threads have mentioned how iMazing can be used to backup an existing version of an app so it can be restored if needed.

Before spending money on iMazing, I hope to clarify how this works, as the App Store version is now updated from the version I want to keep.

Can I use iMazing to take a backup of the app as it is currently installed on my iPad, and then reinstate that version of the app if needed, or would I need to have downloaded it from the App Store and backed it up before the new version was released?

Thanks
Richard

Comments

• Don’t know but very curious about this as well.

• @craftycurate said:
    Hi

One of my (non-music) apps has announced an update that will change (i.e. nerf) some well-loved features. I think this update has already rolled out though I update all my apps manually and haven't installed it.

Other threads have mentioned how iMazing can be used to backup an existing version of an app so it can be restored if needed.

Before spending money on iMazing, I hope to clarify how this works, as the App Store version is now updated from the version I want to keep.

Can I use iMazing to take a backup of the app as it is currently installed on my iPad, and then reinstate that version of the app if needed, or would I need to have downloaded it from the App Store and backed it up before the new version was released?

Thanks
    Richard

You can do it with the free version. First you back up the whole device, then you can extract the individual ipa's from the backup to save separately.

Restoring? Wait for someone else to comment on that one. I haven't tried it yet, though it sounds to me like this can be done even with the free version.

• @wim said:

@craftycurate said:
    Hi

Thanks
    Richard

You can do it with the free version. First you back up the whole device, then you can extract the individual ipa's from the backup to save separately.

Restoring? Wait for someone else to comment on that one. I haven't tried it yet, though it sounds to me like this can be done even with the free version.

I don’t believe iMazing is backing up an ipa from your device. To the best of my knowledge, it downloads and archives the latest version from the App Store. If the App Store version has already changed, I don’t think there is a way to archive the version on your iPad for later restore.

• edited January 2022

Thanks for replies … perhaps there is an online manual I can consult.

• @espiegel123 said:

@wim said:

@craftycurate said:
    Hi

Thanks
    Richard

I don’t believe iMazing is backing up an ipa from your device. To the best of my knowledge, it downloads and archives the latest version from the App Store. If the App Store version has already changed, I don’t think there is a way to archive the version on your iPad for later restore.

I used it to back up ReBirth, which is no longer on the App Store, but does show in my purchased items. I had assumed it came from the device backup, but maybe that’s incorrect. I don’t know of any other apps I have on device that are completely gone that I can check.

• @wim said:

@espiegel123 said:

@wim said:

@craftycurate said:
    Hi

Thanks
    Richard

I used it to back up ReBirth, which is no longer on the App Store, but does show in my purchased items. I had assumed it came from the device backup, but maybe that’s incorrect. I don’t know of any other apps I have on device that are completely gone that I can check.

iMazing downloaded it from the store. I have succeeded in backing up some apps removed from the store but still seem to be on Apple's servers.