Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Why do human beings like listening to music?

Comments

• edited April 2021

There is a wide selection of free music on modern and suitable equipment.
    Constantly updated with many attractive music content on sonnerie telephone website

• Nice try, Zuckerberg...

• @1nsomniak said:
    Dancing is weird too, somehow hearing certain sounds makes your body move in synchronization in all kinds of different ways.

I saw a link a long time ago about dancing being linked to mating rituals. Assuming that is true, I would also assume that you need music to dance. Assuming all those things are true, maybe music does have an evolutionary angle.

Wish I could find that link.

• Man - that whistling language video on page 1 was amazing. I had no idea such a language existed.

• edited January 2022

Nicola Tesla once said that to unlock the secrets of the Universe, think in terms of energy and vibration

Vibration giving birth to harmonics; harmonics evolving into music

Music tuning you in, to the cosmic harmonicity

Astral funk

Vibrating with the universal rhythm

Every single particle of your earthly imagination reverberating

Time out of mind

As you move closer to the light

Your soul unfolds like a flower

And you dissolve into vibrational reverie

• People are always driven to ask questions and become obsessed with finding answers, but sometimes I just wonder if it really matters that we don’t have an answer.

Considering the variation in what individuals love or hate in music I don’t know that we even know what the question is, let alone the answer.

I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve heard people tell me that something isn’t really music, so we obviously don’t even have a standard definition of what constitutes ’music’.

I couldn’t even find the words to really describe why I like music, let alone find a universal statement of why anyone would like music.

• edited January 2022

• edited January 2022

@bobpadUser said:
    I feel on the lowest level it is because everything in this universe is some form of a vibration with frequency. We are only evolved to perceive them at certain level and all these things are tied together with a universal rule - maths / patterns.

I see interesting similarity with sounds and colors -

7 colors in the VIBGYOR spectrum vs 7 full notes in a scale.

12 colors (Primary+ secondary + tertiary) vs 12 notes in a scale when you add half notes as well.

You can create a secondary color by mixing two primary colors. Interval is 3

Interestingly diad chords are formed when you mix two notes separated by Interval 3.

I think similarly you can extend this to even triad chords vs tertiary colors.

I also feel primary colors (Red, Yellow, Blue) are strong colors or something that eyes can easily catch on to
    vs
    Resolution notes - I feel (to my ear) C, E and A always resolves into a base which is strong and from which we can easily pivot

But it is strange that while we can perceive different harmonics of the same notes, am not sure if we can see harmonics of color spectrum (if at all there is such a thing :-) ) - a hint that our ears are more evolved than our eyes, may be since life began underwater.

Not sure about your points on 7 and 12 - light is a continuous spectrum, as is the frequency of sound. When Newton first split white light into a spectrum, he could only see 6 colours but added a seventh (Indigo) due to seven being perceived as a magic number. And while western music is based on 7 note scales from a 12 note palette, other cultures have different ways of dividing it up. So these are very much humans imposing their own perceptions on things, rather than there being anything fundamental in them.

• “Why do human beings like listening to music?”

Because they tire of listening to humans.

• To release chemicals in our brains.

• edited October 2023

@michael_m said:
    People are always driven to ask questions and become obsessed with finding answers, but sometimes I just wonder if it really matters that we don’t have an answer.

Considering the variation in what individuals love or hate in music I don’t know that we even know what the question is, let alone the answer.

I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve heard people tell me that something isn’t really music, so we obviously don’t even have a standard definition of what constitutes ’music’.

I couldn’t even find the words to really describe why I like music, let alone find a universal statement of why anyone would like music.

I agree with this. I'm not obsessed with finding an answer. I just think it seems there are none that make sense to me. It is something I wondered about from a young age though. My Father never listened to music, or even talked about it. It was quite literally nothing to him. My Mother loved music, had a good collection of music and had artists she adored. I became addicted to music in a way that really shaped who I am and what preoccupies my mind most of the time. Music is still such a strange thing to me and almost complete seems to evade any level of understanding I am capable of.

• In my opinion, music has the ability to stimulate and express emotions. It can make the listener feel happy, sad, relaxed, excited or encouraged. Nowadays, many people use music to relax after a stressful day at work or in pressure situations.

• Evolutionary advantage. The entrainment of large groups through rhythms, commonality, uniting for a purpose greater than self. And the devil has all the best tunes ;)

• edited October 2023

listening to music is one of most complex inputs for brain - there is involved more parts of brain than when processing visual stimuli or any other sensory input .. brain just likes being occupied on full scale :lol: Listening music even helps to grow new connections between neurons ..

• Another resurrection?! Halloween is near! 🎃👻🍬

• Best bang for the buck, in terms of survival, same for all the information senses, but interpretation often goes way beyond that mechanism, towards the inward discovery of the self relative to all connections.

• here is nice visualisation how particular part of brain responds to music a what music helps to improve for that part of brain
    https://www.ucf.edu/pegasus/your-brain-on-music/

• @Luxthor said:
    Another resurrection?! Halloween is near! 🎃👻🍬

It is indeed! Been watching as many scary movies as possible 👻 🍿

• @HotStrange said:

@Luxthor said:

We traditionally play “Ghost Stories” and “The Bloody Inn” with random classic horror movies as background sounds. 👻🎲

• It gives me something to do when I’m smoking pot

• It makes my hour commute to and from work less boring.

• @michael_m said:
    It makes my hour commute to and from work less boring.

Or, does the sound enhance the visual stimuli, and that is what reduces boredom?

• Mindplace(dot)com has a lot of these answers on their forum. Kasina is a helluva drug…been a user for 3 + years

• @Ailerom said:

@michael_m said:
    It makes my hour commute to and from work less boring.

Or, does the sound enhance the visual stimuli, and that is what reduces boredom?

There’s very little visual stimuli. I take backroads and a short section of interstate to get me 90% of the way there.

The remaining 10% is trying not to get killed while driving among the worst drivers on my commute, so possibly true for that part of the journey.

• I think it’s because you and I are mostly water…and audio and light frequencies have a big effect on water….lots on YouTube, even stuff you can replicate quite easily. The pay off is knowing how powerful music actually can be. Cuts rocks and other materials, heats food, levitates objects…it’s deeeeeep. The king of the Earth is also the best musician, but he is also a worthless shepherd.

• @Luxthor said:

@HotStrange said:

@Luxthor said:

We traditionally play “Ghost Stories” and “The Bloody Inn” with random classic horror movies as background sounds. 👻🎲

I don’t think I know The Bloody Inn. Podcast? Or TV Show?

• I think that our brains have evolved in a way that allows for non biological imperatives. Music is the manifestation of that.

• I'm not sure about human beings in general, but I can share my personal experience. I listen to Trance and EDM in the morning to wake up. I listen to Lofi when I just want to chill (which is what I'm currently listening to now via Spotify). I listen to Metal when I'm upset (my current favourite being Alestorm, but Leo Moracchioli's covers are also satisfying to listen to).

I listen to Classical and Jazz when I want to simply be in awe of the masters who came before me. I listen to melodic Ambient when I want to fall asleep (such as "Music for Airports") or really relax when creating art. I blast 2000s HipHop out my trunk when I want to recapture the glory days of my youth. (Yeah, I'm becoming "that old arsehole who thinks he's 'so cool'". 🤣 )

And from my personal experience, what I listen to before a gig on the day of the gig is what comes out of my fingers. So I listen to Michael Jackson's "Thriller" album for tighter timing to my performance, and I listen to Vince Guaraldi for those sweet riffs.

Of course these aren't the only genres I listen to. I love all music really from not just Western musical practices but all musical practices, traditions, and genres from around the world. To be honest, music is how I survived some of the darkest and most challenging times in my life up to this point, and I don't ever see that changing.

In a way, music is a very spiritual and personal experience. No two people will enjoy music in exactly the same way. No two producers will make music exactly the same way. As the old adage goes - "your mileage may vary". 😗