Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What is a good and easy-to-use sound module for tablas?

I have DrumJam and Patterning and Indian Drummer but can’t figure out how to get any of them to receive midi from AUM. Is there any AU app with decent tabla samples, for midiots like me? I just want to be able wire the midi in AUM without a lot of fiddly setup work.

Comments

• edited January 2022

SwarPlug is AUv3 and you get tablas for free.

• @mojozart said:
    SwarPlug is AUv3

Thanks, I bought that and returned it a few years ago. It looks like DrumJam is probably my best bet, contingent on figuring out the midi setup that has eluded me so far. Will be nice when he makes the AU version.

• You don't have to buy SwarPlug to get tablas.

• The routing should be easy as long as you configure input on the DrumJam side.

The trickiest part is determining the MIDI note mapping, esp. when the controller and the instrument have different ideas about what C3 means.

• Roli Noise Drums, BeatHawk India pack and ThumbJam (not AU) all have good Tablas

• edited January 2022

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@mojozart said:
    SwarPlug is AUv3

Thanks, I bought that and returned it a few years ago. It looks like DrumJam is probably my best bet, contingent on figuring out the midi setup that has eluded me so far. Will be nice when he makes the AU version.

Did you figure it out with the current DrumJam IAA? It’s pretty straightforward if you use the DrumJam Instrument output. AUM should be able to route midi right into it. You can experiment with what note numbers to use.

• @sonosaurus said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@mojozart said:
    SwarPlug is AUv3

Did you figure it out with the current DrumJam IAA? It’s pretty straightforward if you use the DrumJam Instrument output. AUM should be able to route midi right into it. You can experiment with what note numbers to use.

Yes, it’s working now. I think my mistake was loading the pads instead of the instrument.