Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Thinking about taking Loopy Pro to a dark place // Should I dive in?

I’ve been away from music for a while. Well, put out one video in the last few months. I know, I know - depression is the music killer in my life.

Anyways, for those that know my noise. Do you think Loopy will fit into my process within AUM. Sorry, little intimidating to look through the original Loopy threads.

Take care //

Comments

• For me it's been Loopy or AUM. Loopy is great when I want to capture little MIDI performances I do against a click *live"... and I build layers of these performances into a finished good. If I wanted to use it in AUM I'd probably make a "recording" and open it in the AUM file player.

So, if your process is playing against pre-recorded material (either imported or played by you) then you'll love Loopy. But there are several loopers for this that word well inside AUM.

This is as far as I've gotten into Loopy Pro and there are features and capabilities yet to be learned and more videos are coming out to help with learning these deeper capabilities.

I think it will remain an OR question for me with each being great as a workflow that drives a unique creative process. Both efficient and productive.

• My notably not cheery stuff builds in a rinse and repeat way, often using multiple iterative FilePlayer loops inside AUM. So far I’m still feeling my way with Loopy Pro, but it seems like FilePlayer on steroids at the mo, bringing flexibility to the audio in the way I was already used to on the MIDI side. I can see it being a standard part of the Doom toolbox alongside MIDILFOs and MIDIgates, so, yeah, if audio manip is part of your workflow, I’d say go for it.

• I’m using Loopy Pro mostly as a way to come up with ideas. Chopping radio recordings, making drum patterns and resampling them through FX, and sequencing synths with Drambo's amazing MIDI sequencer.

What I’m not doing much of is live looping, although I’m a guitar player first. It’s more like a touch-friendly Ableton for me.

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    I’ve been away from music for a while. Well, put out one video in the last few months. I know, I know - depression is the music killer in my life.

Anyways, for those that know my noise. Do you think Loopy will fit into my process within AUM. Sorry, little intimidating to look through the original Loopy threads.

Take care //

Get down to go up , enjoy the ride.

I’ve been needing such app like loopy pro combining it in Aum with Drambo for drums. It’s a way to capture a lot of my sketches into a set or few sets for performance.
    In my performance I mute unmute apply effects and jam solos, trigger samples on top

• edited January 2022

Hit that fire button, really look forward to your loopy darkside!

• Loopy Pro is a fantastic app that will be perfect for your style of music. But maybe what you need is precisely to discover new styles to make you maybe feel less depressed. Loopy is cool in the sense that it can be used in many situations

• So here is what I have been doing…. I have been using it AUM to capture my ideas and just save them. For example lets say I have a channel where I have a good bass going, I might record 5-8 takes from that, by tweaking something in the synth or chain and boom record it, boom record it…etc What’s cool for me is then I have all these loops I can mix and match later to go with the track.

FYI, Chris….Depression is my music killer as well, I am happy for folks that are the other way around and making music helps their depression for me it’s opposite. But what I was doing was trying to get that perfect song, and by that time @LinearLineman has done 50 tracks…..😂. Anyway what I am finding is hey this 8 bar loop it sounds good, you did a good job on it, pats back and self positive talk and say this will be in a track someday. Also I am just having fun making cool sounds and realize it does not necessarily need to become a full track…. So dump to loopy and move on.

Have a great one dude….

• Good to see you around the forum. I've seen and heard a lot of good music made with Loopy Pro and I'd imagine your drones and chants and industrial sounds would lend themselves to a looping paradigm. Personally I just didn't mesh with it and I'm not really in the right head space to learn a new way to do things. I suspect I'll give it another chance when I'm feeling a little more in need of a change. Regardless of which way you decide I'll be looking forward to hearing more from you.

• Please do! I can't wait to see and hear on Youtube what you come up with.

Also, yes, depression really is the creativity killer. I hope you'll be feeling better soon mate if not already on the mend.

• edited January 2022

@iOSTRAKON anxiety depression - there’s a lot of that in the world a today (and for some good reasons)

I hope you are getting help as I have in the past.

Musically, get Loopy. I absolutely love the flexibility it affords my AUM sessions.
    (A) Recording parts and their variations into Loopy from AUM
    (B) keeping that AUM set up for midi recoding or other tweaking
    (C) while having Loopy do the arrangement and giving a low overhead player in the background for further parts and context
    (D) sometimes routing loopy back into AUM for further audio mangling (not that you can’t mangle in Loopy)

• @iOSTRAKON said:

Take care //

I for one would like to see what that sounds like.

• Thank you all for the encouragement and insight to Loopy. I think I’ll dive in and post my findings below. Have a good weekend