Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Help, pls. Malware suspected— fixed by erasing all content and apps

I have an ipad7 and an iPad Pro2. Since yesterday the 7 is not loading sites nearly as fast as the Pro and often gets a poor connectivity window. I did a full reset on the 7 but no difference. Any suggestions as to why or what to do? Thanks.

Edit… I’m suspecting some type of malware. I saw an Apple virus tab but deleted it thinking it was a scam. Also can’t do an erase all content because it won’t verify my Apple password, which I know is correct. Things are pretty messed up, indeed! I’m thinking a trip to the Apple store.

Edit: well, now it seems to be functioning normally. I’ll have to wait and see.

Edit edit… I waited and the problem returned… see my post below.

Comments

• Oh man... Malware/virus on iOS is new to me, but recently read about it existing.
    Gonna try and find any solutions... and mainly comment on this to bump the topic and see if someone more knowledgeable shows up...

But maybe the trip to the store could be a good idea

• Browser-based malware is a thing with iOS Safari (which basically means any browser on iOS as they're all powered by Safari under the hood.

https://macsecurity.net/view/464-safari-virus-warning

• @LinearLineman Maybe you have iCloud Private Relay on.

Settings>Your Name banner thing > iCloud > Private Relay (beta).

If that’s on, turn it off. It works well for me, until it doesn’t.

• @jonmoore said:
    Browser-based malware is a thing with iOS Safari (which basically means any browser on iOS as they're all powered by Safari under the hood.

https://macsecurity.net/view/464-safari-virus-warning

I tried out the suggestions at the link above. If you turn off JavaScript things get totally screwed up. I couldn’t log into any website. Clearing history and website date is something I do regularly. I get malware warning very occasionally and mostly through text. Those get blocked and deleted. I NEVER respond to any such warning and have never had any issues with viruses/malware on Mac or iOS in around 30 years.

• Thx, guys. I’m off to the Apple store!

• Did they figure it out/fix it?

• wimwim
    edited January 2022

@LinearLineman said:
    I'm not sure. As soon as they connected my iPad to their WiFi, it suddenly went down and all the devices in the store started flashing ads for colon cleansing and erectile dysfunction products. I'll provide an update once they get the electronic door locks unjammed and I can get out of here.

• @senhorlampada, it seems to have fixed itself. Strangest thing. I compared it side by side with my Pro2. The Pro functioned, the 7 did not. Even settings didn’t respond. All ok for now. Hope all is well for you, bro.

• @wim… you bugged my iPad!

• @wim said:

@LinearLineman said:
    I'm not sure. As soon as they connected my iPad to their WiFi, it suddenly went down and all the devices in the store started flashing ads for colon cleansing and erectile dysfunction products. I'll provide an update once they get the electronic door locks unjammed and I can get out of here.

:lol:

• Awesome!
    Regeneration... just like lizards, The Doctor, Wolverine, etc. :lol:

• I have to clear the Safari persistent storage from time to time when Safari becomes slow and unresponsive.
    This will also remove all cached login sessions, usually stored in cookies. You'll have to log in on web sites again.

1. Make sure you have your web logins and passwords at hand
    2. Go to Settings and select Safari on the menu
    3. Tap the Clear History and Website Data option

Also, remember to never tap to confirm one of the many dubious prompts that may pop up unexpectedly from time to time.
    The virus warning usually does no harm but confirming anything on such a page instead of just closing the tab might do.

• The virus warnings on iOS aren't exactly malware per se, but they are dodgy websites trying to fool you into parting with your personal info or your credit card. Badly written scripts can slow things down whilst they’re active.

They certainly shouldn't affect the connectivity of your device though. A dodgy site shouldn't be able to persist once dismissed.

1Blocker or similar extension can help sift out these kinds of 'attacks' and annoyances.

iOS isn’t impervious to attack, but it’s pretty good against general run of the mill virus and malware attacks.

If you’re targeted by an NSO user then malware is the least of your problems! 😱

• Thanks everyone! Everything seems ok. Maybe my resets and cache clearings did the job. Now my phone is totally screwed up. Lol, I won’t bother you guys about it 😘😎

• @wim said:

@LinearLineman said:

LOL. :D

• Well, the problem resurfaced and, with some difficulty, I erased and restored everything. Seems good now. Fortunately, this iPad did not have my Cubasis3 projects on it.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Well, the problem resurfaced and, with some difficulty, I erased and restored everything. Seems good now. Fortunately, this iPad did not have my Cubasis3 projects on it.

All CB3 user files are accessible via the Files app.

• edited November 2023