Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Camelot Pro IOS for live players

Hey all,

I've seen a few posts on here about Camelot Pro but they're all a few years old.

I'm interested to hear if anyone is actually using the IOS version? Looking at the specs, it looks like a perfect replacement for mainstage for live players.

Any users who can give feedback vs Audiobus and AUM etc?

Comments

• I forgot to link

• I bought it when it first launched, and the idea of it is awesome. The problem for me was instability and the lack of support for AU effects. Every once in a while, I'll open it up to see if things are better. It's still missing AU effects, and that's enough to keep it out of my consideration. Maybe one day it will be a contender.

Right now, I'm using Audiobus, AUM, and Xequence for live playing.

• @swiss6th said:
    I bought it when it first launched, and the idea of it is awesome. The problem for me was instability and the lack of support for AU effects. Every once in a while, I'll open it up to see if things are better. It's still missing AU effects, and that's enough to keep it out of my consideration. Maybe one day it will be a contender.

Right now, I'm using Audiobus, AUM, and Xequence for live playing.

Awesome thanks.

I've used AUM a fair bit but haven't found anything that works for me live. I need to be able to change patches quickly, each song could have different keyboard splits and be using any different combination of soft synth and effects. The mainstage style song by song setup is very appealing.

• @swiss6th nailed it. Great concept and design, but Camelot feels unfinished and unstable for me. I use AB3 with MIDI learn IAP. Slightly more work to create “scenes” (song parts) but rock solid and full featured. If I could combine the Camelot scenes design with AB3 features and stability, all dreams would come true.

• edited January 2020

I also bought it when first launched but could not use it since my Yamaha MX synth was not fully supported at that moment.

It has a really nice interface though, very well thought for hardware synth players. However the hosting of apps is a problem for IOS users, since it loads every synth app twice in memory for some kind of workaround to avoid cut notes when changing parts. This is a real burden for older devices, and sometimes for newer devices too...

I’ve found that KeyStage is a better suite for my workflow, and much more powerful in terms of MIDI routing and advanced capabilities. I host my apps and effects in AUM and absolutely everything is controlled from KeyStage. I have multiple splits and layers for every song, combining patches from my Yamaha MX and several apps, and everything is triggered by a foot switch pedal. And as KeyStage supports presets lists of virtually any hardware device or software app it’s really easy to quickly browse sounds by name/category when setting up songs. Additionally, the dev is extremely supportive and actively improving the app.

• I second the recommendation for Keystage. Been using it every Sunday with my church's praise team and it makes using IOS music apps practical, easy to set up songs and setlists.

• @LeesKeys said:
    I second the recommendation for Keystage. Been using it every Sunday with my church's praise team and it makes using IOS music apps practical, easy to set up songs and setlists.

KeyStage keeps getting updates and improvements as well.

• I really like what camelot pro offers me..
    Its perfect for layering And splitting multiple sounds

However despite many promisses of the developers, new features come extremely slow..

The things i am wayting for (and all have been confirmed as future features)
    Support for IAA..
    Support for AUv3 and IAA effects
    Support for backing tracks
    Support for connecting to 3rd party sequencers.
    Support and interconnectabillity with audiobus
    An option to save scenes and layers, and being able to load them on the fly in other songs..
    Support for osc interface(devs made a reference towards usine hollyhock on pc)

Where it excells now is support for hardware...
    Most major keyboards and modules are supported by now..

• Bumping this thread, now that Camelot is on sale. Have the updates made it a more attractive and stable alternative to AUM?

I love working and playing around in AUM, but it tends to become a bit crowded with channels and I sometimes would love a more simple app for live performance.

I primarily use audio backing tracks (triggered in EG Pulse via Atom2), 2-3 plugins for live playing and a small number of MIDI patterns, also in Atom2. I use Launchpad Pro to launch clips and scenes in Atom.

For those of you who use Camelot instead of eg AUM for live performances, what do you enjoy most about it?

• if they will do looping marked area (in the track section) I would jump into it.

• Right. Am I right in assuming that Camelot is primarily a timeline based thing? Meaning that you can’t loop sections and move back, forth, and onwards in sections as you please in a live performance? You need to stick to the pre-programmed arrangement?

• @galmandsværk said:
    Right. Am I right in assuming that Camelot is primarily a timeline based thing? Meaning that you can’t loop sections and move back, forth, and onwards in sections as you please in a live performance? You need to stick to the pre-programmed arrangement?

right. I was asking for this feature and they confirmed that it's not even in progress...
    well, how could I improvise without this feature???

• @MAtrixplan said:

@galmandsværk said:
    Right. Am I right in assuming that Camelot is primarily a timeline based thing? Meaning that you can’t loop sections and move back, forth, and onwards in sections as you please in a live performance? You need to stick to the pre-programmed arrangement?

right. I was asking for this feature and they confirmed that it's not even in progress...

Hmmm. L7, Enso, Gauss, Photon, etc??

• @mjcouche said:

@MAtrixplan said:

@galmandsværk said:

I mean with Camelot PRO app. We are Talking about this software.

• @MAtrixplan said:

@mjcouche said:

@MAtrixplan said:

@galmandsværk said:

I mean with Camelot PRO app. We are Talking about this software.

Right. It can house AUv3s can it not?

• Best thing could happen if it could have ever get hosted in Aum

• edited January 2022

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz What is your benefit to hosting it in AUM? Camelot is its own host

• edited January 2022

Camelot Pro is really got my interest right now. I went to their website and there’s a spot where they say one can send the mixer channels to their respective outputs like Main outs, but it also says they can be sent to monitor outs. It’s not clear if the monitor outs might be the headphone out of the iPad or whatever is hosting the software.

https://audiomodeling.com/camelot/features/#1603372811984-fc0207ea-630d

• Friends, I contacted Camelot Pro support and they confirmed that the iPad headphone is in fact considered as a separate audio output! This is huge because even a simple Stereo audio interface now allows you to have 4 outputs. Two can be sent to FOH for stereo mixing the backing tracks and one can be sent to the band for click & cues, and another also sent to FOH like for Bass backing track so FOH sound man can mix bass at will.

Here’s their response:

thank you for contacting us.

1) If you have an iPad model with physical headphones jack, yes, you can route that output separately. Be sure to enable "Multi-Route" option in Settings -> Audio

2) Of course, you can use any MIDI controller to control page switching, and much much more: you can switch Scene, start the Timeline, control Levels, and more.

Best,

Emanuele

Emanuele Parravicini
    Audio Modeling - audiomodeling.com

• Wow, I thought if usb audio is connected then headphones out disables by ios fundamentally. I was wrong? If that, what apps you guys know that have 4ch feature?

• Well, my audio interface is a cheap Beringher UC202 or something so it’s only a 2 in 2 out card. Having the additional stereo 2 mono channels left and right for the headphones really will come through so i can send click/cues to band mates and stereo to FOH for the backing tracks!

I know Multitracker app also has this 4 channel feature but it is no way as deep as Camelot Pro. But it is a lot simpler and the interface is incredibly setup for live playing!

In this video John shows how he uses Multitracker to playback his backing tracks with his band from California:

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Friends, I contacted Camelot Pro support and they confirmed that the iPad headphone is in fact considered as a separate audio output! This is huge because even a simple Stereo audio interface now allows you to have 4 outputs. Two can be sent to FOH for stereo mixing the backing tracks and one can be sent to the band for click & cues, and another also sent to FOH like for Bass backing track so FOH sound man can mix bass at will.

Here’s their response:

thank you for contacting us.

1) If you have an iPad model with physical headphones jack, yes, you can route that output separately. Be sure to enable "Multi-Route" option in Settings -> Audio

2) Of course, you can use any MIDI controller to control page switching, and much much more: you can switch Scene, start the Timeline, control Levels, and more.

Best,

Emanuele

Emanuele Parravicini
    Audio Modeling - audiomodeling.com

Make sure that any headphones you use do not have a microphone. If they do then it will be recognized as an audio interface, and since iOS can only have one audio interface at a time, that is unlikely work with multi route audio.

That's also something to think about for the future as you say you might get a newer device. If the device doesn't have a headphone jack, that may mess things up.

There are adapters that can bypass the mic line on mic'ed headphone. I keep one of these around in case I need to use such headphones and don't want the mic to get in the way.

• @wim wow! Didn’t know about that. You’re such a blessing Wim, I appreciate the advise. I’m still in the drawing board stages to do this for our church. The guys in the worship team are excited about it since sometimes we don’t have a bass player, recording it as a backing track is gonna be a blessing! I’ll even record the keyboards too! But yeah, right now budget since I’m semi retired, will have more time to make music for God and the ministry at church. I’ll probably stick with the 12.9” iPad Pro 2nd Gen as my eyes are getting a bit bad and looking at the pdf worship sheets is getting harder on the 9.7”.

The other day funny thing happened, i lost my way on the pdf and didn’t realize verse2 of the song was above the chorus! Was so awkward live, but the band kept playing and i tried my best to keep it together until I realized where verse 2 was. 😂🎸

The 12.9’ will definitely help so I’m praying for that. Perhaps Camelot Pro will also be a blessing because i can do page changes with a midi foot controller. Right now I’m using GoodReader but if I’m not careful i can accidentally close the sheet when i press for the next sheet as it puts the little tabs one next to the other for selecting.