Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Launchpad app ..copy samples to other pads?

edited January 2020 in General App Discussion

I digging back into launchpad, and can’t remember. is there a way to copy a sample from pad to another? or do you have to dive back into the sample list and assign it to each pad one at a time?

Comments

• it’s on iphone to, if that makes a difference

• @eross said:
    I digging back into launchpad, and can’t remember. is there a way to copy a sample from pad to another? or do you have to dive back into the sample list and assign it to each pad one at a time?

I had a look as I haven't used Launchpad in ages.

It doesn't do sample copying from pad to pad as far as I can tell.
    The best way would be to favourite the samples that you like to use
    and find them that way.

• If you're using Blocs Wave, you can arrange it how you want, then send it immediately to Launchpad.

• @Samflash3 said:
    If you're using Blocs Wave, you can arrange it how you want, then send it immediately to Launchpad.

Thank for the tip.

• @Gravitas said:

@eross said:

I had a look as I haven't used Launchpad in ages.

It doesn't do sample copying from pad to pad as far as I can tell.
    The best way would be to favourite the samples that you like to use
    and find them that way.

Good idea

• Using blocs is the best method, with blocs the sample browsing is better than in LP...plus you have the discover tool, as well as the EQ (if you have the IAP)

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Using blocs is the best method, with blocs the sample browsing is better than in LP...plus you have the discover tool, as well as the EQ (if you have the IAP)

that seems to be working nicely, are botha apps’ libraries the same , and shared between the two apps?

• @eross said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    Using blocs is the best method, with blocs the sample browsing is better than in LP...plus you have the discover tool, as well as the EQ (if you have the IAP)

that seems to be working nicely, are botha apps’ libraries the same , and shared between the two apps?

Packs are shared between the 2 apps yes, I don't think user samples are though, for that, use blocs to send your project to LP and the sample will go over.

• @AndyPlankton said:

so if you import from blocs wave, can you move them around to other pads in launchpad?

• @eross said:

@AndyPlankton said:

so if you import from blocs wave, can you move them around to other pads in launchpad?

Nop. If you go the Blocs route you need to edit in Blocs and then export again. Not the most natural workflow but fast enough.
    Also you can transform loop launch into trigger so you can chop things on Blocs and send it to Launchpad for finger drumming. You should do it in the same row so my advice be creative with half of the slots if you want to still keep some instrumental under.
    4 chops or even 6 vs 2 loops in the same row. If you need more then put half channels as chops and half as loops. That will give you 4x8 = 32 slices that will not cut the loop launching and can share by channel volume, fx and so... if you need more or less just adjust the slots you use.

You should see Blocs as editor for Launchpad...

• @eross said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Not quitew, as @TheDubbyLabby says, use blocs as an editor for Launchpad, and use Launchpad for the actual performance. The only thing you have to do in Launchpad is change the pad type and playback quantisation for each pad, once you set it though, it stays set so you dont have to do it every time.
    This works even better with a physical launchpad attached as you can stay in blocs while playing the Launchpad app from the LP hardware.

• I know you can rename Launchpad sound packs but I could swear you used to be able to copy a whole pack to an empty page of slots while keeping the original and thus allow you to hack away at the copied version while still keeping the original if you wanted to start again.....can't figure out how to do this anymore. Clues very welcome....

• You can drag and drop onto Remix Live which is similar to Launchpad

• edited January 2022

@robosardine said:
    You can drag and drop onto Remix Live which is similar to Launchpad

A very fine sounding plan B Captain, thank you.

EDIT...of course, the subscrition siren song :)

• I had never looked at Remix before and of course it's like the Big Boy Launchpad. And thus the subscription. Apart from blaming them I don't blame them for removing this 'from pack' option which was in LP before but appears to be no longer. Irksome.

• .> @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@robosardine said:

I don’t think you are required to subscribe to use it, it’s optional 😃

• edited January 2022

@robosardine said:
    .> @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@robosardine said:

its functions are tied to the subscription. you buy the components you need or do the subscription.
    like you can't import your own stuff unless you subscribe or by the IAP to import.

this being said, its 100x more useful than the launchpad app and the closest youlll get to ableton on an ipad (if thats your thing)
    its also 100x harder to get it to play nicely with other apps. i think teir business model is selling you soundpacks, not the app itself.
    it also only took them 8 years to implement controller support :/

• edited January 2022

@robosardine @AlmostAnonymous Odd business however, as they appear to share (some) soundpacks....I am going to go mad and do a month's worth and then realize it is pretty and clever but not worth a rental marriage etc.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @robosardine @AlmostAnonymous Odd business however, as they appear to share (some) soundpacks....I am going to go mad and do a month's worth and then realize it is pretty and clever but not worth a rental marriage etc.

I just turn on and off the subscription as needed. I still use it for performance at the moment.

• @AlmostAnonymous said:

@robosardine said:
    .> @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@robosardine said:

its functions are tied to the subscription. you buy the components you need or do the subscription.
    like you can't import your own stuff unless you subscribe or by the IAP to import.

this being said, its 100x more useful than the launchpad app and the closest youlll get to ableton on an ipad (if thats your thing)
    its also 100x harder to get it to play nicely with other apps. i think teir business model is selling you soundpacks, not the app itself.

I have never subscribed to it (and never will) but I can import without any problems.

• @AlmostAnonymous said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

I just turn on and off the subscription as needed. I still use it for performance at the moment.

I get that. I wish there was some (internal) way to record the performance as you play it, i.e. that it would track the FX playing as you add etc. I can do it in AUM of course, but still....

• @robosardine said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

@robosardine said:
    .> @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@robosardine said:

I have never subscribed to it (and never will) but I can import without any problems.

Yup, nice, that's good stuff. I was focused only on their loops as sometime Maschine material, but of course I have a vast (and confusing) trove of samples already that I could bring in (now that you've taught me, and thanks for that!)...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

I get that. I wish there was some (internal) way to record the performance as you play it, i.e. that it would track the FX playing as you add etc. I can do it in AUM of course, but still....

Screen record ? Then use LumaFusion or similar to export just the audio from the recording !

• edited January 2022

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JohnnyGoodyear sounds like you need to subscribe lol
    @robosardine you also shouldnt be able to import with a subscription, or purchasing the import IAP. Check the store and see what bolt ons you already have. Or are you in the 7 day free trial?

• @AlmostAnonymous said:

@robosardine you also shouldnt be able to import with a subscription, or purchasing the import IAP. Check the store and see what bolt ons you already have. Or are you in the 7 day free trial?

I am on the trial and will probably give it a month or so, but still dont see how tor ecord the FX internally, but no worries; AUM etc, but, boy, I wish it were Audio Unit friendly for Loopy Pro and/Or NS2....

• @AndyPlankton said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Screen record ? Then use LumaFusion or similar to export just the audio from the recording !

Yes. Something I've NEVER done, so if this app gets me over the fence then it's been worth it etc :)

• @AlmostAnonymous said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

The import is an IAP but no subscription required. I think that needing subscription was the concern.
    Ps there is also this on the main menu hamburger @JohnnyGoodyear which will be quicker.

• @robosardine gracias mon frère (he says, now muddling three languages in one short message :)