Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

-=The Facade=- Bringing older AUM sessions back to life with Loopy Pro

Blending and synchronizing screen captures from both Loopy Pro and AUM to show off Atom 2’s intricate pattern switching for the main melody and bass line in AUM, while keeping on the up and up, with the latest Loopy Pro craze…

This is me, lost somewhere in between AUM and LP, in a swirling vortex of MPE MIDI, Audio, and visual effects.

I hope the feeling I was having is being properly conveyed, and I do hope this piece finds you well,

Headphones please! And as always, thanks for listening (and watching!)

-Edward

Comments

• Thank you, Edward. I enjoyed that. And I especially liked the bass loop.

• Very nice vibe and choice of sounds 👍

• Very nice. Has a lovely dreamy quality to it and a nice clarity to the mix.

• Yes yes!! Love this. Love the mix, like @cyberheater said.. very clear.

• Wonderful work! Really like the sound palette. Full of atmosphere. Should be a soundtrack to a movie! Keep up the amazing work! 👍👍

• @aufde said:
    Thank you, Edward. I enjoyed that. And I especially liked the bass loop.

Thanks for having a listen, and you’re welcome!

• @richardyot said:
    Very nice vibe and choice of sounds 👍

Thank you Richard!

• @cyberheater said:
    Very nice. Has a lovely dreamy quality to it and a nice clarity to the mix.

Thanks!

• @onerez said:
    Yes yes!! Love this. Love the mix, like @cyberheater said.. very clear.

Thank you Charlie!

• I agree with all of the above. Very rich and cinematic. Well done!

• @Spidericemidas said:
    Wonderful work! Really like the sound palette. Full of atmosphere. Should be a soundtrack to a movie! Keep up the amazing work! 👍👍

Thanks Spidey!

• @Paulieworld said:
    I agree with all of the above. Very rich and cinematic. Well done!

Thank you Paul!

I just had a listen on my way to work in the car, and one thing I noticed is that my volume levels are too low. I had to crank the stereo in the car all the way up to hear.

I think I lost some of the “oomph” in CapCut, as I was playing with the volume levels of the tracks there.

Might post another version later, as I try to get this piece out of my system. That way i can move on the other 37 different Loopy projects I have in the works.

• I will have to give this LP a try. You made a comment in a previous post about how this app may influence the way you write music. I had the exact same experience when I started working samples into my songs. I was coming up with things that I never would have imagined. Have a great day!

• @Paulieworld said:
    I will have to give this LP a try. You made a comment in a previous post about how this app may influence the way you write music. I had the exact same experience when I started working samples into my songs. I was coming up with things that I never would have imagined. Have a great day!

Definitely check out Loopy Pro. I think you’d love it! It really is quite amazing!

This piece for one example, is taking an existing AUM project, and re-routing the outputs into a mix bus where LP is loaded and recording loops of each individual part.

The real beauty of LP is though, I think, is in the way it lends itself to live performance. I mean with it, you can throw live loops of virtually anything, (like live guitar, vocals, or anything!) into a performance instantly, along with MIDI driven loops, one shot audio clips, and you name it for effects.

Definitely a “game changing” app and opens up so much! It’s eliminating the need for that $600 looping pedal too!

Not saying I’ll use LP for everything from now on; that there’s still strengths in other hosts and in other ways of doing things, but Loopy Pro is going to be an indispensable tool to have in my creative bag of tricks going forward!

• @LinearLineman said:
    Beauty.

Thank you Mike!

• 🎼 👨‍🎨 🦹🏼‍♂️ 🎩 ☔️

• Great Job. I haven't really explored loopy pro as an AUv3 yet. Need to look at some of my random AUM session and see if I can bring them to life.

• @TheAudioDabbler said:
    Great Job. I haven't really explored loopy pro as an AUv3 yet. Need to look at some of my random AUM session and see if I can bring them to life.

Thanks! It starts getting confusing with all of the save files everywhere. You’ll have save files in LP standalone, then AUM save files, but then you can save Loopy saves inside the AUv3 instance also. And this is just in AUM; there’s also Drambo save files which work with LP’s AU the same way.

@Stochastically said:
    🎼 👨‍🎨 🦹🏼‍♂️ 🎩 ☔️

🎺🎹🎷🎻🎸🥁🤷🏻‍♂️