Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Detuning app?

Anyone know of one? I'd like it to detune a piano a little bit and none of my piano apps have the control in them.

Comments

• @pax-eterna said:
    Anyone know of one? I'd like it to detune a piano a little bit and none of my piano apps have the control in them.

If you just want to change the reference pitch, PitchBend might work. I've a script that sends a Pitch Bend value to fix a soundfont that's 11¢ sharp. That won't help if you want the notes randomly out of tune.

• wimwim
    edited January 2022

@pax-eterna - do you want just to change the pitch of the piano, or do you want a detune FX that mixes the detuned signal and the dry signal (like a non-moving chorus)?

• Maybe Eventide Micropitch?

• AU3FX dub has a off tune feature, it’s mainly a delay but can do many different fx. You can pitch up and down by 50 cents I think, can’t remember.

• edited January 2022

Yeah, sorry I should describe it a bit fuller....I have two pianos set (for an octave piano patch) and I simply want to detune one about 10-15 cents...just to give it that slight chorusy effect...I could try a chorus but from past experience it sorta isn't exactly what I'm after, but would work in a pinch I guess.

Thanks for the replies folks, much appreciated :)

• @wim said:
    @pax-eterna - do you want just to change the pitch of the piano, or do you want a detune FX that mixes the detuned signal and the dry signal (like a non-moving chorus)?

yep just change the pitch of one of the pianos, I guess as it is an effect it would need to be some sort of dry/wet mix.

• @pax-eterna said:

@wim said:

yep just change the pitch of one of the pianos, I guess as it is an effect it would need to be some sort of dry/wet mix.

In that case, @uncledave's approach using pitch bend is probably best if you want the best quality. That is, if the piano app you want to change supports pitch bend.

• @wim said:

@pax-eterna said:

@wim said:

In that case, @uncledave's approach using pitch bend is probably best if you want the best quality. That is, if the piano app you want to change supports pitch bend.

haha, no it doesn't - hence the topic. In any case, most pitch bend options only give you semi-tones. I need cents (haha AND sense :D )

• edited January 2022

$12 not too bad...But the app info states it is for audio files, would it also work with an AUv3 instrument?

• wimwim
    edited January 2022

@pax-eterna said:

@wim said:

@pax-eterna said:

@wim said:

haha, no it doesn't - hence the topic. In any case, most pitch bend options only give you semi-tones. I need cents (haha AND sense :D )

I’m not sure you understood what I meant. I wasn’t talking about an app setting.

A pitch bend wheel has 16,383 increments, which is way finer than semitones. In fact, those increments are usually spread over a +/- 2 semitone range so it’s very fine indeed. Most apps do respond to pitch bend even if they don’t include a pitch wheel on their in-app keyboard. If you have an external controller that has a pitch wheel, you can easily test this.

A script can add a small pitch change message to each note to change the tuning.

It’s fine if you’re not interested in that approach. I’m just putting the info out there.

• @pax-eterna said:
    Yeah, sorry I should describe it a bit fuller....I have two pianos set (for an octave piano patch) and I simply want to detune one about 10-15 cents...just to give it that slight chorusy effect...I could try a chorus but from past experience it sorta isn't exactly what I'm after, but would work in a pinch I guess.

I would use the Eventide Micropitch for this.

• @wim said:

@pax-eterna said:

@wim said:

@pax-eterna said:

@wim said:

I’m not sure you understood what I meant. I wasn’t talking about an app setting.

A pitch bend wheel has 16,383 increments, which is way finer than semitones. In fact, those increments are usually spread over a +/- 2 semitone range so it’s very fine indeed. Most apps do respond to pitch bend even if they don’t include a pitch wheel on their in-app keyboard. If you have an external controller that has a pitch wheel, you can easily test this.

A script can add a small pitch change message to each note to change the tuning.

It’s fine if you’re not interested in that approach. I’m just putting the info out there.

Yes I do know exactly what you are talking about. Technically they are cents (semitones are made up of 100 cents). As I wrote Ravenscroft does NOT respond to pitch wheel. A lot of piano programs don't.

Again as I wrote, it is not really a detune EFX, it was change the pitch of the piano. BUT, if a detune EFX was all I could end up using then it would need to be a dry wet mix.

• @espiegel123 said:

@pax-eterna said:

Needs to be a plugin and in iOS...that is a hardware pedal afaics...I saw no evidence of a software version for iOS on their website.

• @pax-eterna said:

@espiegel123 said:

@pax-eterna said:

Needs to be a plugin and in iOS...that is a hardware pedal afaics...I saw no evidence of a software version for iOS on their website.

It is available on iOS. I have it. You will find it in the app store. You can find discussions about it by using the forum's search field.

• Timeless can get some really nice and subtle pitch shifting with some modulation and you can get pretty detailed with it if that’s a route you’d want to take

• edited January 2022

@espiegel123 said:

@pax-eterna said:

@espiegel123 said:

@pax-eterna said:

It is available on iOS. I have it. You will find it in the app store. You can find discussions about it by using the forum's search field.

ok cool, thanks...I'll have another look...not that it should, but sometimes things get listed slightly differently here...

EDIT: yep found it under micropitch NOT Eventide haha!