Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A really good Koala tutorial

I’ve kinda fell in love with this app. I had it ages and thought it was a simple app to record vocal beats. I couldn’t have been more wrong. Puts a lot of hardware to shame.

Comments

• This is really great. I learned a few new things. Best one was that you can change the pitch of the samples in the piano roll. I can’t even make Ableton do that.

• @mistercharlie said:
    This is really great. I learned a few new things. Best one was that you can change the pitch of the samples in the piano roll. I can’t even make Ableton do that.

Yes that was a good one that I didn’t know it could do. Great for bass lines, arps etc…

• @mistercharlie said:
    This is really great. I learned a few new things. Best one was that you can change the pitch of the samples in the piano roll. I can’t even make Ableton do that.

what part is that?

• @cokomairena said:

@mistercharlie said:

what part is that?

Comes in around 12:39

• @cyberheater said:

@cokomairena said:

@mistercharlie said:

what part is that?

oh I see, well you can drag notes on ableton or move them with the keyboard, if you can't just press "b" to change to the select tool

• edited January 2022

PlayPM is also pretty amazing covering Koala Sampler:

• @cokomairena said:

@cyberheater said:

@cokomairena said:

@mistercharlie said:

what part is that?

oh I see, well you can drag notes on ableton or move them with the keyboard, if you can't just press "b" to change to the select tool

Yeah also use simpler. Turns any sample into an instrument that you can play chromatically.

• @cokomairena said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:

Yeah also use simpler. Turns any sample into an instrument that you can play chromatically.

If you use slice mode in Simpler, you can’t change the pitch of the sequenced slices. Well, you can, using the transpose knob, but it’s nowhere near as good as Koala’s keyboard.

I’ve started using iPad Koala with Ableton. The Mac Koala has no Ableton link, and neither let you choose audio routing on multi-channel audio interfaces. I’m “hosting” the IAA version in Audiobus, and routing to-from the Mac via an iConnect. It sounds complicated, but state-saving in AB should hopefully make it easy.

I’m avoiding AUv3 because of the memory warnings.