Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Question about saving programs (patches) in iM1

I haven't used my iPad for music in while so I'm a bit rusty on the procedure in iM1 for saving a program to one of the user cards. I've read through the section in the iM1 manual which addresses this but I'm stumped. I followed the directions. I pressed "write", selected the program to be copied, opened one of the User Cards and double-tapped on an empty ("initial prog") slot. This brings up a dialogue box. The name of the program I want to copy is there and I'm given the option of renaming it. The default name is fine. At this point the manual says to press Enter
to save the program to the blank User card slot. Problem is there is no "enter" to press, either on my iPad keyboard or within iM1 (pressing "return" on my iPad keyboard does nothing). Am I missing something? I've obviously done this before because the User Card contains programs from previous saves.

Comments

• Searching through previous posts on this forum I came across a thread I started 7 years ago, asking the same thing. The thread became quite long. I read through it, and apparently my question was answered and I was able to save programs to my User Cards. Something's changed- still can't get through that last step, and the name of the Program I'm trying to copy does not "take" in the User Card (or Library card) slot. https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/9194/korg-im1-how-to-save-write-program-to-user-card/p1

• edited January 2022

@LeesKeys said:
    Searching through previous posts on this forum I came across a thread I started 7 years ago, asking the same thing. The thread became quite long. I read through it, and apparently my question was answered and I was able to save programs to my User Cards. Something's changed- still can't get through that last step, and the name of the Program I'm trying to copy does not "take" in the User Card (or Library card) slot. https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/9194/korg-im1-how-to-save-write-program-to-user-card/p1

After you type in the name hit Return (once!) and then close the keyboard by tapping the “Keyboard Down” icon on the lower right. I recently posted this in another thread but can’t look for it right now.

• @anickt said:

@LeesKeys said:
    Searching through previous posts on this forum I came across a thread I started 7 years ago, asking the same thing. The thread became quite long. I read through it, and apparently my question was answered and I was able to save programs to my User Cards. Something's changed- still can't get through that last step, and the name of the Program I'm trying to copy does not "take" in the User Card (or Library card) slot. https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/9194/korg-im1-how-to-save-write-program-to-user-card/p1

After you type in the name hit Return (once!) and then close the keyboard by tapping the “Keyboard Down” icon on the lower right. I recently posted this in another thread but can’t look for it right now.

Oh great. Thank you. I only bought im1 during the last sale, apparently saved a few presets the first night of playing with it and then promptly forgot how I did it and never found the solution again, so I can feel for @LeesKeys

Now if someone could tell me where we can check what chords the cord mode uses (same Q for iwavestation)...

• edited January 2022

Thanks anickt, that did the trick for me. It's just remarkable how peculiar and unintuitive it is to save programs in iM1.

• @LeesKeys said:
    Thanks anickt, that did the trick for me. It's just remarkable how peculiar and unintuitive it is to save programs in iM1.

Sounds like it's an exact emulation of the original hardware. KQ Dixie is another one like that; you need to save the patch to a slot In the current memory, then write the memory back to a cart.

• I figured it was something like that

• I don’t understand the need to use other than a simple procedure that’s been around for a zillion years:

Open
    Save
    Save As

• @LeesKeys said:

It's just remarkable how peculiar and unintuitive it is to save programs in iM1.

Couldn't agree more

• edited January 2022

I've gone through the cards and noted the LSB number for each one. There are no LSB numbers assigned to the Library cards. Strange.

Disregard- Library cards start at LSB 37