Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Guiding Star / Spider’s AddStation

edited January 2022 in Creations

@Spidericemidas’s tinkly AddStation pad preset, Guiding Star, backs up Ravenscroft275, House Mark1, BeatHawk Total Bass and SoftDrummer.

Comments

• Nice track, Mike. Thanks for incorporating that Addstation preset. It adds just a nice subtle touch of warmth and shimmer to the piano. 👍

• "These are a few of my favorite things" drifts into my mind around 0:59 and 2:00. There's also something haunting about the opening themes. Nothing I can label but resonant none the less.

• Thanks @Spidericemidas. Your preset, tho subtle, made it happen.
    @McD, yep, I heard it too once you mentioned it. Especially at :59.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks @Spidericemidas. Your preset, tho subtle, made it happen.
    @McD, yep, I heard it too once you mentioned it. Especially at :59.

It never ceases to amaze me how much you improvise and rarely quote existing melodies. It’s a gift to create new material on demand like this. And you edit very little I think. If you played 10 takes I’d get it but new ideas just roll out of you. There’s probably some patterns in your harmonic choices but your brain is targeting the Melodie’s I think. Monitoring for lots of variations over the life of a performance.

• Well, @McD, I believe if you’re quoting melodies you’re probably thinking about quoting a melody. Since I do precious little thinking beyond the moment to moment there’s little possibility of quotation and, hopefully, more room for innovation.

I was listening to the playing of a jazz player/teacher who studied with Lennie. Damn, he is good but he operates in a restricted framework, IMO. He gets better and better but, tho dazzling, you pretty much get what you expect. I don’t think what I do is “better” than what he does. It’s just what suits me and my abilities.

• Mmmmmm, smmmmooooth… goes great with our dinner mix. :)

• Beautiful work as always.

• Thank you for listening @AudioGus. Glad I was with you for dinner!