Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

“Beethoven in Space”

McDMcD
edited January 2022 in Creations

Stuck in a waiting room I went into AUM and made this..:
LK plays the moonlight sonata midi file I had handy.

2 iSymphonics for strings
Pure Piano w cinema sound
Syntronik - which crashes at 0:52 and makes a little "pop" noise.
Then Module Pro pizzicato strings are added after the crash.

Everything gets a FAC Alteza space suit.

Comments

• That’s well done. 20,000 Leagues Under Beethoven might be more apt, however, since there’s no sound in space.

• @LinearLineman said:
    That’s well done. 20,000 Leagues Under Beethoven might be more apt, however, since there’s no sound in space.

How about "Beethoven in the Colossal Cave". But people have fears of such places that make ticket sales a problem.

This piece under water would have no hi-frequency content.

How about "Dream Space" where we can bounce echoes off the closest planets and we can
    breath and sing like we do in large resonant parking structures with parallel concrete walls.

"Space Music" is a thing, right? It's a sonic metaphor for vast time frames and reverberations.

The only thing Staffpad has that's useful for underwater music is that WaterPhone but something could be done with wholetone scales.

I wish Ludwig could weigh in on this weighty question of re-labeling and re-packaging his work. I suspect he'd hold his hand to his ear and bellow "Say What?" deaf as he was at the end.

• Ah, the piece that finally made me give up on learning the piano as a child! Sounds great like this I must say. I don't really fully understand the popularity of the BIG reverbs and shimmers, but it really works for this.

@McD said:
    How about "Beethoven in the Colossal Cave". But people have fears of such places that make ticket sales a problem.

Also the audience would probably be eaten by a grue

• @JudasZimmerman said:
    Ah, the piece that finally made me give up on learning the piano as a child!

My wife taught herself to play this piece... bar by bar over many months. She'd ask me questions as she found new details in the music she wasn't;t familiar with. After getting all the way through she stopped playing it... but she did it. Since she has vary small hands a friend showed her how she could use the right hand to play the upper notes intended for the left. It was like climbing a mountain... once she reached the pinnacle she stopped climbing. And she never performed it for anyone except me. She actually couldn't play if anyone else was listening.

I played this version for her today and it brought back memories of how the piece looks on paper and where the page turn happens (she had to stop for a bit). I also played her the Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto I rendered this week and she loved that too.

• Mesmerizing, and beautiful. I'd call it Beethoven's Dream. I'm not into huge reverbs on songs either, but it works for this. You made it in a waiting room, and I'm listening to it in one.

• @Dav said:
    Mesmerizing, and beautiful. I'd call it Beethoven's Dream. I'm not into huge reverbs on songs either, but it works for this. You made it in a waiting room, and I'm listening to it in one.

Thanks for the feedback. @Linearlineman (not a big fan of space reverbs) suggests I use this on my staffpad work... probably to change the somewhat annoying sound of a "canned orchestra".

• 🧜🏼‍♀️ 🦑 🌘 🎹 🎯 🚀

• Nice! You could always just say you’re referring to the “space” (intervals or rests) in between notes.

(That’s what I was thinking when I named one of my previous pieces “Space” anyway)

• Love Beethoven, Syntronik and this song!