Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A fast method for sampling YouTube into Koala

I came across this today. I’ll be spending hours on this now.

Comments

• There’s also WebAU which lets you stream most audio from websites similarly.

• @3sleeves said:
    There’s also WebAU which lets you stream most audio from websites similarly.

That’s gonna be one of my next purchases so I can sample some public domain stuff. How do you like it? Does it seem stable?

• Web Radio and Tube AU inside of a host by Blue Mangoo both do the trick.

You can also always screen record with device, then extract audio from video.

I use Web Radio. Video doesn’t play but you get the audio to do with as you please.

• edited January 2022

@HotStrange said:

@3sleeves said:

That’s gonna be one of my next purchases so I can sample some public domain stuff. How do you like it? Does it seem stable?

I think web Au only plays the audio and does not send it through the audio out signal chain in a host. So you can’t record, or add fx, or loop, etc… maybe this was changed in an update, but for awhile it did not play the audio through the actual audio out through the signal chain. It was an unfortunate restriction of the app.

If you were only recording in slide over with only koala, it would work, since it plays audio and koala records what it hears. But if you loaded it in AUM and tried to send it through koala as an Au, it would not go through. Hopefully that makes sense, lol.

• Quick example of Tube AU inside of AUM

• You can screen record from YouTube on your phone.
    Koala will extract the audio from the video when you import the file into the app.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@HotStrange said:

@3sleeves said:

I think web Au only plays the audio and does not send it through the audio out signal chain in a host. So you can’t record, or add fx, or loop, etc… maybe this was changed in an update, but for awhile it did not play the audio through the actual audio out through the signal chain. It was an unfortunate restriction of the app.

If you were only recording in slide over with only koala, it would work, since it plays audio and koala records what it hears. But if you loaded it in AUM and tried to send it through koala as an Au, it would not go through. Hopefully that makes sense, lol.

In AUM you can put WebAudioPlayer as the source and Koala as an AU in the signal chain, with whatever fx you prefer before or after it. You can save the Koala project and open it in the standalone version if you want, but that’s kind of unnecessary if you’re already working in AUM.

It works pretty well, worth the purchase if you want to skip the screen recording workflow.

• @3sleeves said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@HotStrange said:

@3sleeves said:

In AUM you can put WebAudioPlayer as the source and Koala as an AU in the signal chain, with whatever fx you prefer before or after it. You can save the Koala project and open it in the standalone version if you want, but that’s kind of unnecessary if you’re already working in AUM.

It works pretty well, worth the purchase if you want to skip the screen recording workflow.

Would this work with anything else? Gauss, Samplr, etc?

• @Poppadocrock said:

@HotStrange said:

@3sleeves said:

Makes total sense and that’s definitely an unfortunate restriction :neutral:

• edited January 2022

@3sleeves said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@HotStrange said:

@3sleeves said:

Thanks!! If only I had bought this one first. Works very well to sample anything you want: