Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

RoundnRound

More AddStation with 2x @Spidericemidas presets, Christmas Crackers and Chestnuts. Plus SWAM Tenor Sax, Trumpet and Eb Tuba. 2 tracks JazzDrummer.

Comments

• This doesn't sound like a one take performance... but a series of layers. Did you try another process?

And why does is that crazy/idiot drummer driving against the flow of traffic? Other drivers are either crazy (if they pass you) or idiots (if the slow you down). This drummer is both at the same time.

I got a See Saw Marjorie Daw swing in the "head".

• edited January 2022

@McD, I agree on this one. I will redo the drums today. The seesaw is in keeping with my inner child shtick.

• Yeah it’s very merry-go-round quite psychedelic in a way. I wasn’t sure if I was counting wrong as I got lost in the drums again 😅

• edited January 2022

@Spidericemidas. Yeah, there is a problem with the drums. Maybe you can shed some light… I recorded at 110 bpm with a click track, yet the 1/4 note with a drum machine is closer to 175bpm. Still it doesn’t stay in tempo with the AddStation arp.

I can only think I was really off the click track in my playing. Does the bpm automatically set to the host for arps In AddStation?
    This is kind of a first for me… utter failure! I kind of like it.🥳

• Hmm. I’ve never tried syncing Addstation with anything. I think it should sync to host. I noticed in Doug’s demo that my arps sounded slower than I had them when programming Addstation in standalone (I always program in standalone). He was running it in Loopy Pro. So I assumed Addstation must have synced to a slower bpm coming from Loopy.

Something else I think might be happening inside Addstation as well, but I could be wrong. When testing some of the presets with multiple arps running in standalone, such as 1/8 and 1/4 arp speeds running within one patch, some parts did seem to drift out of sync after a short while within Addstation itself.

Also. Check the clock division settings in the arps themselves. Some of them have been programmed at triplet timing with the inbuilt delay synced to match. Even if these are synced to a host, it may not sound quite right unless you switch off the triplet setting in the arp section.