Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Favorite pitch shifter and/or 80s type drum machine?

Hello!

first time poster here.

been loving AUM and creating really strange/groovy loops in it for my band. i’m sort of into old broken computer/aphex twin type sounds and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good gritty drum machine or pitch shifter. thanks lots :)

Comments

• I add Fabfilter Saturn to almost everything for grit. Put that after something like Hammerhead drums and you’re rockin. also for gritty drum machines, although not an audio unit, the Tokyo gadget in Korg Gadget sounds real dirty for me. I can get some mean skinny puppy trashy sounds from it

Eventide has great effects too, like Crushstation and MicroPitch

For crazy aphex twin stuff I have to rely on external drum machine tho, cuz it gets too …uhh …’involved(?)’ for me to rely on my iPad

• @ambrosiajam said:
    I add Fabfilter Saturn to almost everything for grit. Put that after something like Hammerhead drums and you’re rockin. also for gritty drum machines, although not an audio unit, the Tokyo gadget in Korg Gadget sounds real dirty for me. I can get some mean skinny puppy trashy sounds from it

Eventide has great effects too, like Crushstation and MicroPitch

For crazy aphex twin stuff I have to rely on external drum machine tho, cuz it gets too …uhh …’involved(?)’ for me to rely on my iPad

thank you so much! looking up all these and def getting those eventide apps. hurray for the grimyness

• Might be worth checking out Ruismaker Noir for drum grittiness, too.

• My go to for dirty electronic drum sounds is skiid.

• SKIIID and Elastic Beats will do ya

• edited January 2022

LINNDRUM samples. The ultimate 80s bar none. Excellent crunch to them cause the original samples used for the eproms were 12-bit.