Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• No bundle but owners of both Fundamental 1 & 2 are to receive a $20 credit at the SonicLab shop.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    No bundle but owners of both Fundamental 1 & 2 are to receive a $20 credit at the SonicLab shop.

What does that get me? (having lazily not looked)

• I never use the original anymore, what's the difference. Probably won't get this.

• Maybe there will be a bundle - it often takes a week or two (after publishing an app) until the corresponding bundle is through Apple’s review process.

• Can we ask Hainbach if he can have wires ported to IOS

• @_ki said:
    Maybe there will be a bundle - it often takes a week or two (after publishing an app) until the corresponding bundle is through Apple’s review process.

I got the impression that instead of a bundle there’d be the voucher.

I like Fundamental 1, not sure about the additional features justifying another 20 quid.

@_ki said:
    Maybe there will be a bundle - it often takes a week or two (after publishing an app) until the corresponding bundle is through Apple’s review process.

I got the impression that instead of a bundle there’d be the voucher.

I like Fundamental 1, not sure about the additional features justifying another 20 quid.

yeah - I am with you there - doesn't look like a radical new thing

• I can't really justify the extra £20 even though I've been on a Fundamental session today by coincidence.
    Exploring the MPE presets with QuNexus. Is there anything else new other than the morphing engine?

• _ki_ki
    edited January 2022

@Philandering_Bastard It seem you are right (the voucher thing is stated on SonicLabs homepage) :/ I really like these experimental sounds and probably would have bought the new version for a reduced price - but I think i don't need the new features that much.

I suspect that offering a voucher (for buying more stuff in their own shop) won‘t tip possible Fundamental 1 IOS customers over the fence. It seems i have to wait some month until they realize that a regular app-store bundle might be better idea to bring in at least some money.

For new customers => Buy Fundamental 2, the sound generation method is really different to all the other synth i own and Fundamental 2 will be worth its price (like it was for Fundamental 1)

• https://www.sonic-lab.com/volbotm/
    Sorry for detouring this post a bit, but.. this is coming soon to iOS apparently.
    I was searching for the voucher thing and my eye got into this instantly, it looks wowesome!!

• Yeah hopefully he'll make another option in the future like an in app purchase from v1.

• @sharifkerbage said:
    https://www.sonic-lab.com/volbotm/
    Sorry for detouring this post a bit, but.. this is coming soon to iOS apparently.
    I was searching for the voucher thing and my eye got into this instantly, it looks wowesome!!

He told me in a YouTube comment one of his other synths is coming to iOS as well but I forget the name.

• edited January 2022

Fundamental is my favorite synth app on iOS so I’m definitely getting this. The price IS steep and I was really hoping there would be a discount, but I think I’ll use it enough to justify it. I’m stoked for this.

• Philandering_Bastard:
    hows the cpu usage ?!

• edited January 2022

I want to try one of these SonicPlanet apps. Out of the 3, PaSSBot, VOLBot and Fundamental 2, which one is best to get?

• @waka_x said:
    Philandering_Bastard:
    hows the cpu usage ?!

Sorry, haven’t bought it yet, not sure I will.

• Good to see that the preset handling has remained best-of-class🙄

• @gkillmaster said:
    I want to try one of these SonicPlanet apps. Out of the 3 PaSSBot, VOLBot and Fundamental 2, which one is best?

I’d say PassBot as it’s imo the most comprehensive / intricate / bonkers filter on iOS. Steep learning curve tho.

• edited January 2022

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@gkillmaster said:
    I want to try one of these SonicPlanet apps. Out of the 3 PaSSBot, VOLBot and Fundamental 2, which one is best?

I’d say PassBot as it’s imo the most comprehensive / intricate / bonkers filter on iOS. Steep learning curve tho.

Thanks! Bonkers is good.

• @gusgranite said:

That’s pretty cool. I fear my poor Air 2 will have me extradited to The Hague for cruel and unusual punishment.

• Because my name came up: please be aware that I was not involved in this, except for it being based on my original ideas and sounds. I had no input in or knowledge of V2, so I am not putting my name out for this product.

Fundamental 1 I am intensely proud of, but this I can’t speak for.

• @Hainbach said:
    Because my name came up: please be aware that I was not involved in this, except for it being based on my original ideas and sounds. I had no input in or knowledge of V2, so I am not putting my name out for this product.

Fundamental 1 I am intensely proud of, but this I can’t speak for.

Keep unearthing your gems @Hainbach ! 👍

• Before I pay this silly steep cost for one feature, does it resize well in AUM this time, with no cutting off of the bottom modulation parameters?

• @oat_phipps said:
    Before I pay this silly steep cost for one feature, does it resize well in AUM this time, with no cutting off of the bottom modulation parameters?

From the App Store description: “Due to screen size issues IPad Mini models are not recommended.”

Soooo, probably not?

(A recent-ish update fixed that issue in AUM for me, but not in ApeMatrix)

• The few new features don't justify spending another $36 for me. I'll wait for a bundle or some sort of decency.

• Fundamental 1 just disappeared from the appstore (at least in Argentina).. I hope this is some kind of transition/bundle thing, otherwise it'd be a really unfair market trick

• @sharifkerbage said:
    Fundamental 1 just disappeared from the appstore (at least in Argentina).. I hope this is some kind of transition/bundle thing, otherwise it'd be a really unfair market trick

Same in the UK. Perhaps this is just retooling for a bundle.

@sharifkerbage said:
    Fundamental 1 just disappeared from the appstore (at least in Argentina).. I hope this is some kind of transition/bundle thing, otherwise it'd be a really unfair market trick

Same in the UK. Perhaps this is just retooling for a bundle.

🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼