Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A Lineman’s Dream

edited January 2022 in Creations

Thelonious came to me tonight… as if in a Monk’s Dream.

PurePiano, Ravenscroft 275, SWAM Tenor Trombone, Flugelhorn, BeatHawk Total Bass and 2 tracks Jazz Drummer.

Comments

• Niiiice! That drum kit is perfect. I’m no good at counting outside my safe zone of 4/4. I don’t know how you play along and keep up with a rhythm like that! I was only listening through my iPhone speakers but it sounds like the whole mix has a nice room ambience about it. All I need now is a bar, a comfortable stool, a cigarette and a JD. Nice work!

• Brilliant! (Corners?) A wonderful composition. In your hands, Pure Piano sounds so realistic that I wondered how your were mic’ing it up until I read the liner notes.

• @Spidericemidas said:
    Niiiice! That drum kit is perfect. I’m no good at counting outside my safe zone of 4/4. I don’t know how you play along and keep up with a rhythm like that! I was only listening through my iPhone speakers but it sounds like the whole mix has a nice room ambience about it. All I need now is a bar, a comfortable stool, a cigarette and a JD. Nice work!

Exactly!!!! I would have no clue if I’m not in 4/4. Always feel like I’m in a Smokey bar as well listening to Mike!!!! Not always my cup of tea, but dang LL…. You tickle them keys!!!!!!

• edited January 2022

Thanks @Schmotown. Perhaps the combos PurePiano and Ravenscroft give it a bit more realism. Ravenscroft has a more strident sound which PurePiano lacks, IMO.

And thx for the ref to Brilliant Corners. Amazingly, I had never heard it. What a band… Monk, Rollins, Henry, Pettiford and Roach. What a dramatis personae! Here it is for those, like me, who missed it (and dig that clean cut T. Sphere!)…

@Spidericemidas, I created that drum kit and rhythm pattern. JazzDrummer is a bit more conservative. Thx, bud, pleased you enjoyed it.

@Onerez, Truth In Advertising: I play to a click track and add the drums afterward. I doubt I could have followed that drummer! Glad you’re ticklish. 😉🙏

• @LinearLineman said:
    And thx for the ref to Brilliant Corners. Amazingly, I had never heard it. What a band… Monk, Rollins, Henry, Pettiford and Roach. What a dramatis personae! Here it is for those, like me, who missed it (and dig that clean cut T. Sphere!)…

Yeah, right? An all star session. Every Monk album belongs on a desert island. Another personal favorite is Thelonius Monk And The Jazz Giants https://music.apple.com/us/album/thelonious-monk-and-the-jazz-giants-remastered/1443009984

• Cool one! I really like the PurePiano and Ravenscroft stacked together here. I’ve been playing around doing that too, trying to get a better solo piano. Only problem is that the intonation doesn’t always match on some notes. Like the C above middle C makes me want to grab my tuning lever. But it does sound more like a real jazz piano than just one of those alone.

I also haven’t heard brilliant corners before. Thanks for the link.

• Thx @Dav. If you have the Module American D, that works well in combination, too.

• Very well done. I like the mood change when the rest of the band kicks in.
    I never would have recognized Monk in that picture.
    I had never heard this, either. What a lineup!
    Thanks for posting that.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thx @Dav. If you have the Module American D, that works well in combination, too.

Yeah I’ve been wanting to get that one. I have heard it on your recordings. It will be my next purchase probably. Currently in AUM I’m stacking purepiano and Ravenscroft (about equal strength) and the C grand from MKsensation Extreme and at lower volume than the other two. I’m going to record another whistle song with it.