Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro question...possible to change midi input on midi track?

Hey guys...just curious if it's possible to change the midi source on a midi track that I already have in my Loopy Pro project? Seems like it should be but I can't find a way to do it. For example if I have a midi keyboard and I want to switch the input to a pad controller. Thanks

Comments

• Yes, select MIDI source inside AUV3 instrument settings then change the source. Is this what you are looking for?

• @Uprightmusic said:
    Hey guys...just curious if it's possible to change the midi source on a midi track that I already have in my Loopy Pro project? Seems like it should be but I can't find a way to do it. For example if I have a midi keyboard and I want to switch the input to a pad controller. Thanks

Add any sources you want to use on the mixer page. Then select the destination for the source and change as needed.

• edited January 2022

@Stuntman_mike said:
    Yes, select MIDI source inside AUV3 instrument settings then change the source. Is this what you are looking for?

No not exactly. I have a midi track in Loopy Pro. When I set up that midi track it asked me what was the source of the midi info, I selected my midi Keyboard. I'd now like to change it from my midi keyboard to a midi pad controller so I don't have to add a new midi track. Seems like I should be able to click on the midi icon for the track and change it to the pad controller.

• @Uprightmusic said:

@Stuntman_mike said:
    Yes, select MIDI source inside AUV3 instrument settings then change the source. Is this what you are looking for?

No not exactly. I have a midi track in Loopy Pro. When I set up that midi track it asked me what was the source of the midi info, I selected my midi Keyboard. I'd now like to change it from my midi keyboard to a midi pad controller so I don't have to add a new midi track. Seems like I should be able to click on the midi icon for the track and change it to the pad controller.

have you already added your controller to Loopy via add MIDI? In Loopy Pro, you need to add a mixer channel for midi sources you want to use, That is how it does routing. Can you post a screenshot of your setup?

• Open the AU that you’re sending MIDI too. Tap the settings cog in the AU window’s toolbar. Pick and midi sources there.

You can also do this from the MIDI controller end of the setup.

• @mistercharlie said:
    Open the AU that you’re sending MIDI too. Tap the settings cog in the AU window’s toolbar. Pick and midi sources there.

Thanks for the response. While this is helpful...I'd like to simply keep a single midi track while switching it's source hardware controller. I have several hardware midi controllers and rather than clutter up Loopy Pro with multiple midi tracks (representing each midi controller that I have) I'd rather have a single midi track that I can change to the needed controller with as little fuss as possible. For example the photo below shows my currently selected midi track, with the controller listed at the bottom of the track (SE25 MIDI1) I'd like to use the exact same midi track but when I need to switch it to my Akai MPD218 controller. Seems like tapping the midi icon at the top of a midi track would allow you to change the midi controller input so that you wouldn't need to create a completely new midi track for a different controller.

• @Uprightmusic said:

@mistercharlie said:
    Open the AU that you’re sending MIDI too. Tap the settings cog in the AU window’s toolbar. Pick and midi sources there.

Thanks for the response. While this is helpful...I'd like to simply keep a single midi track while switching it's source hardware controller. I have several hardware midi controllers and rather than clutter up Loopy Pro with multiple midi tracks (representing each midi controller that I have) I'd rather have a single midi track that I can change to the needed controller with as little fuss as possible. For example the photo below shows my currently selected midi track, with the controller listed at the bottom of the track (SE25 MIDI1) I'd like to use the exact same midi track but when I need to switch it to my Akai MPD218 controller. Seems like tapping the midi icon at the top of a midi track would allow you to change the midi controller input so that you wouldn't need to create a completely new midi track for a different controller.

The midi channels are not really tracks. Currently, any midi source being used will show up in the mixer. That is currently how it works. Think of the midi section of the mixer as AUM’s routing matrix..but only showing those devices in actual use.

• wimwim
    edited January 2022

@Uprightmusic I'm pretty confident that will be implemented. It just isn't now and isn't on the published initial roadmap. I'm sure there are many features that will be added over the coming months that aren't listed there, though.

A workaround would be to hook your controller up to another host app like Audiobus or AUM, or use something like MidiFire or MIDIFlow - anything that does let you change controllers easily. Then send the output to Loopy's virtual midi port.

• @wim said:
    @Uprightmusic I'm pretty confident that will be implemented. It just isn't now and isn't on the published initial roadmap. I'm sure there are many features that will be added over the coming months that aren't listed there, though.

A workaround would be to hook your controller up to another host app like Audiobus or AUM, or use something like MidiFire or MIDIFlow - anything that does let you change controllers easily. Then send the output to Loopy's virtual midi port.

Gotcha! Thanks for the response.

• I prefer this approach. Works very well for me. [DSP in AUM is 34.]