Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Poke The Bear

Shhhhh... the bear is sleeping peacefully.
Don't poke the bear!

Comments

• I think you poked it.

• From sleeping bear to murdering bear. Completed in 3m31s. That's a good time.

• Cooool... I like before and after you poked the bear!

• edited January 2022

Interesting. Normally not my cup, but every time I went to hit the stop button you regained my interest. Cool.

• The early bass line reminded me of one of my favorite bass/stick players, Tony Levin from King Crimson / Peter Gabriel. I love how this builds and really hits you about the 1:55 mark. Another awesome track.

• Wow. Someone just got ripped apart worse than Leonardo DiCabrio.

Really nice track. I love it.

• I love how your work has guitars that sound like guitars... do you ever play one in your creations or or they borrowed from other sources? I think you dropped a clue once regarding using Session Band Acoustic which gives you control of key, tempo and even chord changes.

• Excellent! I did not expect that transition, even having read the comments first.

• @LinearLineman said:
    I think you poked it.

Thanks for giving it a listen!

• @Ailerom said:
    From sleeping bear to murdering bear. Completed in 3m31s. That's a good time.

I think a bear would have finished the job in a few seconds, but that wouldn't have been much of a song.
    Thanks for listening!

• @AudioGus said:
    Cooool... I like before and after you poked the bear!

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for listening and commenting!

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:
    Interesting. Normally not my cup, but every time I went to hit the stop button you regained my interest. Cool.

That's quite a compliment! I like to mix up multiple parts in a song to keep it interesting.
    I am glad I was able to hold your interest. Thank you very much!

• @MadeofWax said:
    The early bass line reminded me of one of my favorite bass/stick players, Tony Levin from King Crimson / Peter Gabriel. I love how this builds and really hits you about the 1:55 mark. Another awesome track.

The Stick!!! I almost bought one of those. As a former bass player, I have always admired Tony Levin.
    I am looking forward to your next video!
    Thanks for listening.

• I like this a lot. Went from gentle to grizzly!😂

• @Lorichs said:
    Wow. Someone just got ripped apart worse than Leonardo DiCabrio.

Really nice track. I love it.

I've never seen the movie, but heard it was pretty gruesome.
    I'm glad I was able to recreate some of the gruesomeness (is that even a word?)
    Thank you for listening!

• @McD said:
    I love how your work has guitars that sound like guitars... do you ever play one in your creations or or they borrowed from other sources? I think you dropped a clue once regarding using Session Band Acoustic which gives you control of key, tempo and even chord changes.

At one time I played keyboards, bass, guitar, and trumpet. I was actually quite good and spent decades playing in every type of band imaginable. I have thought about getting back into it, but don't think I could handle the late hours that gigging requires. I also promised my wife I would stop "collecting" gear. When I started IOS music a while back, I decided that I would use only an iPad, headphones, and a stylus.

Session Band is one of the things that I discovered that allows me to incorporate instruments that I don't play. The musicians are all top-notch, veteran studio players, and it's like hiring skilled professionals to play on my tracks. I like to create a chord pattern in Cubasis, then transfer it to one of the Session Band packages. I generally use only the solo tracks - sax, trumpet, etc. and my own compositions for the rhythm section. Piano Motifs, Stravinsky and Fugue Machine are also great apps to generate ideas.

There are a lot of apps that help with chord patterns such as ChordPolyPad, ChordMaps, etc. I have several of those and use them a lot to control synths. I have just about every synth you can think of. I also promised my wife I would stop buying those, too! Don't get me wrong, she likes my music and says it's "interesting", but she is only a fan of country music. I wrote "Truckstop Sushi" for her.

I use a lot of sampled bits and pieces. Blocs Wave and Launchpad provide a lot of good content for a great price. I have found that using samples causes me to write music that I would not have thought of, otherwise.

Rock guitars are actually pretty easy to fake. You can take any standard guitar patch and just start piling on distortion and other effects. Then, just start layering those tracks and pretty soon it starts to sound sort of guitar-like,

Thanks for taking time to listen and write. I am looking forward to another of your "Add A Layer" posts.

• @JudasZimmerman said:
    Excellent! I did not expect that transition, even having read the comments first.

When I came up with this, I thought an abrupt change would keep things interesting. My wife said it reminded her of some dumb-ass who decided to poke a sleeping bear, just to see what would happen. Hence, the title.
    Thank you very much for listening!

• @hypnopad said:
    I like this a lot. Went from gentle to grizzly!😂

I was trying to create a soundtrack for a scenario where some idiot pokes a sleeping bear and gets torn apart. Afterwards, the bear lumbers back to his cave, having had a nice warm meal. Thanks for listening and commenting!

• @Paulieworld said:
    I am looking forward to another of your "Add A Layer" posts.

Is the world ready for another "Add a Layer"? You put something up last time and it went away:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/46101/the-additive-thread-with-musical-snowballs

@Stochastically pretty much went all in.

• Loved the change in tempo around a minute in + a bit Peter Gabrielish about 1:30 + which ties into the Tony Levin comments… great track…

• @Paulieworld said:
    I have found that using samples causes me to write music that I would not have thought of, otherwise.

Keep doing it. The reason your tracks always catch my ears is that your compositions are always shifting at the precise moment that I start to get too comfortable and lose attention. There's always a little nugget of sound that leaps out and grabs me again. Nice work.

• Love this Paul! I’ve been finding it difficult to stop and listen to other’s work to be honest, but I’m glad I gave this one the time! Excellent production!

• Really cool track!

• @GeoTony said:
    Loved the change in tempo around a minute in + a bit Peter Gabrielish about 1:30 + which ties into the Tony Levin comments… great track…

Thank you so much for that. I have been a fan of Genesis for as long as I can remember. A lifelong friend of mine has been a member of Grand Parade, probably the best Genesis tribute on the planet. Check them out!

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Paulieworld said:
    I have found that using samples causes me to write music that I would not have thought of, otherwise.

Keep doing it. The reason your tracks always catch my ears is that your compositions are always shifting at the precise moment that I start to get too comfortable and lose attention. There's always a little nugget of sound that leaps out and grabs me again. Nice work.

Thank you very much. I like to mix it up a bit to keep things interesting. I will keep doing it!

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    Love this Paul! I’ve been finding it difficult to stop and listen to other’s work to be honest, but I’m glad I gave this one the time! Excellent production!

Thanks Ed! I can relate to not having time to listen to everything. Lately, my job has been a nightmare with supply chain issues and labor shortages. I wish I could just retire and make music! I'm glad you were able to give this a listen. I have been enjoying your work with Loopy Pro. Great music!

• @Dav said:
    Really cool track!

Thank you very much!

• @Paulieworld, thanks for sharing about your creative process and tools you use. I also use session band for things. After reading you use Bloc Wave, I decided to download that today. It’s a really great app! Will be a useful tool. And samples are reasonably priced. I’m going to spend the weekend making something with it. It looks easy to use, but I can’t figure out how to set it to use a Major key...

• @Dav For some reason, all of their content is in minor keys. Someone once referred to the as a "morose bunch". I suppose it has something to do with transposition. I have heard some of your music, and I think you will find a way around it. In any case, you can't beat the price (free) and their sound packs are pretty good at 2 bucks! I am looking forward to hearing what you come up with.