Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Presets from Brice Beasley for LayR

Comments

• I want this! He his great! IAP or update?

• Wow cool! Brice is a master, especially with LayR 👍

• Brice is absolutely my #1 favourite preset creator, I've purchased every app and IAP that he has been involved with. His sense of sound design really resonates with my personal tastes.

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Check it //

So, great! Brice is a master. And LayR is so amazing. Still one of the best.

• Cool presentation. ETA?

• Well that was just freaking cool AF!!!!!!

• I can't remember where to get/download/import presets for Layr. Long time since...

• OMG! So beautiful. I cannot wait for these Presets @brice Thanks for such amazing work!

• Thought I would dig out LayR again as is has great sounds, but took up 45% CPU without even playing it - which I had no room for, so ditched it again - shame.

• @rhaley said:
    Thought I would dig out LayR again as is has great sounds, but took up 45% CPU without even playing it - which I had no room for, so ditched it again - shame.

The thing about LayR is it is designed for high polyphony with lots of voices. The CPU use won't increase with complex patches and combinations. You can run a LayR performance that is the equivalent of many Moog Model 15 or Model D instances, for example, and you will find that in that use-case you get a lot more voices out of LayR -- which is multi-timbral and massively polyphonic.

You can reduce that CPU load by reducing the MAX voices. LayR is designed so that you can switch between presets (even complex multi-timbrals) without a spike in cpu-use. You can also look at increasing the buffer size.

I wouldn't judge it based simply on the CPU readout

• Great, I’ll try reducing polyphony. My AUM live keys rig is running at 40% without this so its not by choice, just practical, but if I can reduce it I’ll certainly try. Thanks for the info

• edited January 2022

@rhaley said:
    Thought I would dig out LayR again as is has great sounds, but took up 45% CPU without even playing it - which I had no room for, so ditched it again - shame.

LayR reserves in advance all the CPU power it needs based on your Max polyphony, as @espiegel123 has mentioned, similar to Native Instruments Reaktor ensembles. The default is 256 voices which is more than necessary for most things, so dropping it to 128 or 64 is usually enough. However, due to LayR's multi-layered patches, this is quickly used up so you might only get 4 or 8 note polyphony.

• @craftycurate said:

@rhaley said:

LayR reserves in advance all the CPU power it needs based on your Max polyphony, as @espiegel123 has mentioned, similar to Native Instruments Reaktor ensembles. The default is 256 voices which is more than necessary for most things, so dropping it to 128 or 64 is usually enough. However, due to LayR's multi-layered patches, this is quickly used up so you might only get 4 or 8 note polyphony.

Great, reduced polyphony works for me - great, as i never had a problem with this app crashing or stuck notes live.

• Nice. Always batter new presets.
    Any links for Layr presets?

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:
    Nice. Always batter new presets.

They will be with the app future update. IDK when.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

Good! Ive reported a bug just a few weeks ago and haven’t heard back from the devs.. maybe they’ve been able to reproduce and have fixed it 🤞🏻

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

:o o:)

• Bubba is bumped up for some bitchen Brice Beasley presets. Bababooey!

• These sound so great! I don't really know LAY-R, is it a good synth?

• @sevenape said:
    These sound so great! I don't really know LAY-R, is it a good synth?

Search the forum archives and check out Brice’s other examples on YouTube. For many, it is a very special synth.

• @espiegel123 said:

@sevenape said:

Search the forum archives and check out Brice’s other examples on YouTube. For many, it is a very special synth.

His basement cinematics made me take the plunge. Looks like I got me some learning to do

• It is an amazing synth. I bought my first iPad in order to run it.

• Today would be a good day to release this ///

• Or tomorrow //

• @espiegel123 said:

@sevenape said:

God I love this synth… you’re right, it seems very unique!!!

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Or tomorrow //

Today you say !?

• Still not out

• Is there any reason to believe that there is an update imminent?

• @espiegel123 said:
    Is there any reason to believe that there is an update imminent?

Only this

• @sevenape said:

@iOSTRAKON said:
    Or tomorrow //

Today you say !?

I wish // Brice teased this too early 😁