Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatly Pro, the pocket ghost producer

Comments

• I've gotten some pretty interesting results when sampling a track into my sp404 and chopping it up and adding FX. This is a perfect companion app for that.

• @db909 said:
    Very cool!

@seonnthaproducer said:
    Sick, that's awesome.

Thank you guys!

@KirbyMumbo said:
    I've gotten some pretty interesting results when sampling a track into my sp404 and chopping it up and adding FX. This is a perfect companion app for that.

That sounds dope! Can you share some of your results with us? I'm really curious :smile:

• edited December 2021

This was made with Beatly Pro, Pure Acid, some FX etc. and mastered in AUM on an iPhone 6S with EarPods in one night.

• @jolico said:
    This was made with Beatly Pro, Pure Acid, some FX etc. and mastered in AUM on an iPhone 6S with EarPods in one night.

Wow! :o That's awesome! I need to implement style for goa and acid trance especially for you :smiley:
    Btw. how is iPhone 6S managing Beatly regarding performance? Are you using piano roll? Haven't you encountered some glitches on this older device? The oldest iPhone I'm testing on is iPhone 7.
    Thank you!

• @AntoninCharvat said:

@jolico said:

Wow! :o That's awesome! I need to implement style for goa and acid trance especially for you :smiley:
    Btw. how is iPhone 6S managing Beatly regarding performance? Are you using piano roll? Haven't you encountered some glitches on this older device? The oldest iPhone I'm testing on is iPhone 7.
    Thank you!

Thanks 🙏

Only a few “clicks & pops” in cinematic mode when using Beatly live, but the exported loops are clean.

• @KirbyMumbo said:
    I've gotten some pretty interesting results when sampling a track into my sp404 and chopping it up and adding FX. This is a perfect companion app for that.

That sounds dope! Can you share some of your results with us? I'm really curious :smile:

For sure! It's usually just impromptu jam sessions, but I'll record the next one and drop it here.

• I exported stems for the first time and noticed there’s blank space before and after. Is there a way to get stems trimmed to loop length?

• @DukeWonder said:
    I exported stems for the first time and noticed there’s blank space before and after. Is there a way to get stems trimmed to loop length?

Currently the loop mode is possible only for the full mix. I need to solve some technical issues first, before enabling separated stems seamless loop. Thanks for understanding!

• @AntoninCharvat said:

@DukeWonder said:
    I exported stems for the first time and noticed there’s blank space before and after. Is there a way to get stems trimmed to loop length?

Currently the loop mode is possible only for the full mix. I need to solve some technical issues first, before enabling separated stems seamless loop. Thanks for understanding!

Awesome, thank you for confirming.

• Thanks for the update @AntoninCharvat. Looking forward to trying out the new chord progression feature.

• Thanks for the update, @AntoninCharvat ! Really nice new feature

• @DukeWonder @god
    Thank you both! I hope you'll have fun with it!

Here is whole 1.17 release info:

Introducing chord progression builder!
    Now you can tell Beatly exactly what chords you want it to use in your generated bars.
    If you are a musician and need an accompaniment for your practicing, this feature is for you.
    Also locked BPM will now be remembered even after app restart.
    Additionally performance has been improved and UI tweaked in some places.

Thank you all for being with me on the journey with Beatly.
    Wishing you wonderful year 2022 and lots of inspiration!

• edited January 2022

@ChancedMusic said:

@AntoninCharvat said:
    Oh no, the goal of "copy bar" function is to duplicate the content of given bar into any other bar. Thanks to that you can edit both of these bars independently and e.g. make just a small changes in some parts and still keeping two versions. On the other hand If I changed the bar number as well, I would make it the exactly same bar and all changes made in one of these bars would be reflected in all instances of this bar number. Remember that each number represents the unique state and content of the bar. There can be currently just 8 of these numbers/bars. Sorry for my poor skills in explaining in english. I will be happy to discuss this concept further.

Totally makes sense. I think @Poppadocrock were thinking of using the copy button more to make a full arrangement rather than copying to make small tweaks. Similar to how the song arrangement setting works, but allowing us to customize how many instances of each bar are in the song. If that makes sense.

That being said, it is easy enough to export a loop, manually break it up, and use another app to arrange the pieces as we see fit.

Definitely, thanks for helping explain.

Edit and a good point on exporting.

• edited January 2022

In an attempt to combat GAS, I’m only using my new sp404 with Beatly all “Jamuary” to learn as much as I can.
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/CYNmKbTPBRD/?utm_medium=copy_link

• @KirbyMumbo said:
    In an attempt to combat GAS, I’m only using my new sp404 with Beatly all “Jamuary” to learn as much as I can.

These jams are simply brilliant, thank you! Can't wait to hear more!

• @AntoninCharvat Thank you for your work with the app. It’s really really fun and usability is high. I appreciate you.

• @KirbyMumbo said:

Very cool!

• @Morgman73 said:
    @AntoninCharvat Thank you for your work with the app. It’s really really fun and usability is high. I appreciate you.

Thank you! That's really nice to hear!

• Thanks! lol

I like using the 404 try to make things other than beats, for a challenge.

• Excellent tutorial / review of Beatly Pro in How to app on iOS show by Jade Starr.
    Thanks!

• @AntoninCharvat is a saved beats folder redesign in the works? Reason I ask is because it’s so easy to spend a session just saving multiple production worthy beats (awesome!) it would be helpful to be able to sort the saved beats by name and especially by date/most recent.

• @db909 It's not in the works yet, however it's in my TODO list. Not sure when will I get to it though. There's so many things I want to add lol :)

• @AntoninCharvat said:
    @db909 It's not in the works yet, however it's in my TODO list. Not sure when will I get to it though. There's so many things I want to add lol :)

👍👍

• Hey everyone,

a new version has just arrived to AppStore, introducing custom sample recording and editing!
    Give it a shot, it's an extraordinary fun! :smiley:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/beatly-pro/id1550189157

• Thanks..

• Are the custom samples re-pitched?

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Are the custom samples re-pitched?

No, for tuned instruments you need to make sure the sample is tuned in C.

• Awesome!!!
    🙌

• Nice! Thank you!