Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wotja 22 - Generative Music App & Plug-in Host (Free, Pro; AUv3 / VST3)

Comments

• @jonmoore said:
    IAC bus doesn't exist on Windows, although I have other ways of routing MIDI/Audio between applications on Windows. I was talking specifically about the VST version as this allows one to encapsulate a project in a single savable file.

Ahh... I see! I guess the answer to how to do MIDI routing from a VST3 plug-in (such as Wotja) is going to be quite specific to the host DAW in question...?

Pete

• @impete said:
    Folks, I’ve seen quite a few crashes on macOS related to initialising Harvest and Invader and WavesLib, whatever they might be.

NB: WavesLib is calling some JavaScript within the initialisation code, that bizarrely is trying to initialise WebKit - that looks extremely odd to me.

@impete - see my last email...👍

• @impete said:

@jonmoore said:
    IAC bus doesn't exist on Windows, although I have other ways of routing MIDI/Audio between applications on Windows. I was talking specifically about the VST version as this allows one to encapsulate a project in a single savable file.

Ahh... I see! I guess the answer to how to do MIDI routing from a VST3 plug-in (such as Wotja) is going to be quite specific to the host DAW in question...?

Pete

As soon as Andrew rolls out the VST3 version of VCV Rack app to app hacks won't be required as VCV Rack should load withing Wotcha.

BTW I'm happy to install the free version on Windows but does the free version scan for VST3's? I presumed that was a feature that was only available in the paid version.

• edited January 2022

@jonmoore said:
    BTW I'm happy to install the free version on Windows but does the free version scan for VST3's? I presumed that was a feature that was only available in the paid version.

It works (subject to crashes of course!) in the Free version :smile:

There are some limitations in terms how how many slots etc. you have access to, but might give you a feel for VST plug-in scanning stability at the moment on your system.

Best wishes, Pete

• One other thing that I’m not clear on at the moment; routing to auv3 plugin chains; it doesn’t seem to be related to the wiring networks in the main section - or is it, everything playing into MIDI boxes seems to go to channel one…
    And also in the main network bit, is there a way to unwire a connection that’s already made?

I think these things might be pending in the manual…

• @Krupa said:
    One other thing that I’m not clear on at the moment; routing to auv3 plugin chains; it doesn’t seem to be related to the wiring networks in the main section - or is it, everything playing into MIDI boxes seems to go to channel one…
    And also in the main network bit, is there a way to unwire a connection that’s already made?

IIRC, the MIDI / VST routing in Wotja Pro might be limited to MIDI Channel 1, to let prospective customers get a feel for things "working". I can't quite remember exactly without looking at the code, however - and I'm being summoned right now to help take down the decorations :smile:

And yes, Tim is working very (very!) hard on the documentation as I type this!

Best wishes, Pete

• @impete said:

@Krupa said:
    One other thing that I’m not clear on at the moment; routing to auv3 plugin chains; it doesn’t seem to be related to the wiring networks in the main section - or is it, everything playing into MIDI boxes seems to go to channel one…

IIRC, the MIDI / VST routing in Wotja Pro might be limited to MIDI Channel 1, to let prospective customers get a feel for things "working". I can't quite remember exactly without looking at the code, however - and I'm being summoned right now to help take down the decorations :smile:

And yes, Tim is working very (very!) hard on the documentation as I type this!

Best wishes, Pete

Heh, sorry, good luck with the dedecoration!

• @impete said:

@jonmoore said:

It works (subject to crashes of course!) in the Free version :smile:

There are some limitations in terms how how many slots etc. you have access to, but might give you a feel for VST plug-in scanning stability at the moment on your system.

Best wishes, Pete

If the VST scanning works without fail, I'm happy to purchase Wotja 22 for Windows without delay.

• @jonmoore said:
    If the VST scanning works without fail, I'm happy to purchase Wotja 22 for Windows without delay.

Alas, I suspect you'll have problems with this right now! But, rest assured we're working on it - I hope you'd be kind enough to try-out some future update to the Free one, as we try to nail this down for everybody.

Best wishes, Pete

• @impete said:

@jonmoore said:

We have a Windows-specific thread here on KVR, if that helps...

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=575707&p=8311684#p8311684

Best wishes, Pete

• As a quick test (using the latest Wotja 22 beta) I temporarily moved my Components plugin folder (which contains only AUv2 plugins), and started Wotja - the scan completed without problems, and all my AUv3 plugins (from music apps installed from the Mac App Store like Animoog Z, miRack and Model 15) are all available within Wotja.

So it's definitely related to Wotja scanning AUv2 plugins and isn't affected by the Macs processor...

• @impete said:

@jonmoore said:

Alas, I suspect you'll have problems with this right now! But, rest assured we're working on it - I hope you'd be kind enough to try-out some future update to the Free one, as we try to nail this down for everybody.

Best wishes, Pete

Happy to do that. Will you be extending the early bird discount?

• @jonmoore said:
    Happy to do that. Will you be extending the early bird discount?

Hi Jon, alas not so far as I'm aware - but I see your point!

Best wishes, Pete

• @enkaytee said:
    As a quick test (using the latest Wotja 22 beta) I temporarily moved my Components plugin folder (which contains only AUv2 plugins), and started Wotja - the scan completed without problems, and all my AUv3 plugins (from music apps installed from the Mac App Store like Animoog Z, miRack and Model 15) are all available within Wotja.

So it's definitely related to Wotja scanning AUv2 plugins and isn't affected by the Macs processor...

I just saw this warning when trying to scan Stochas under macOS

... which clearly I'm reluctant to risk :smile:

This didn't crash when using macOS Monterey 12.1

Best wishes, Pete

• @enkaytee said:

I was also able to load-up A2M without any problems (once I'd selected "Lower Security Settings")...

Pete

• @impete said:

@enkaytee said:

I was also able to load-up A2M without any problems (once I'd selected "Lower Security Settings")...

NB: these are the very latest versions of the two plug-ins. The first was from the plug-in website, the second was from the Mac App Store.

Pete

• @jonmoore said:
    @impete Just to say I'm getting the same crash as other folks with Viktor Poof's MIDI Route (from the MID Tools suite). BTW there's nothing wrong with MIDI Route, I use it all the time, but some hosts have an issue with MIDI plugins that show up as audio fx. It's unlikely that this is the only plugin causing crashes, as it's scanned quite early on so it's likely others will show up.

Hi Jon, for some reason, I'm not able to spot these in the iOS App Store...

Have you got some sort of link you can share?

Best wishes, Pete

• @Jumpercollins said:

@monch1962 said:
    @impete it's als crashing for me while “scanning (MIDI route (instrument))”

Hi folks, for some reason, I'm not able to spot this in the iOS App Store...

Best wishes, Pete

• @Jumpercollins @jonmoore

With many thanks to @UMCorps ... I've found it - it is iPad only, and was trying to install for testing on iPhone! :smile:

Pete

• edited January 2022

Here you go, it’s iPad only. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/midi-tools/id1446209019

Downloaded the free version of Wotja 22 and looks pretty sweet. I love the pay for free updates for one year and keep the app model you guys have going. Keep up the good work!

@impete said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@monch1962 said:

Best wishes, Pete

• @impete said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@monch1962 said:

Best wishes, Pete

Here you go: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/midi-tools/id1446209019

Victor also produces Atom/Atom 2. He was extremely active here on the AB forum after the launch of Atom 2 but suddenly stopped posting 7/8 months ago. Some believe that he's burnt out as he was burning the proverbial candle, but it could just as easily be the case that he's hard at work bringing the long-promised automation features to Atom 2, and this is proving a bigger challenge than initially thought.

Either way, he's very approachable and I'm sure he'll be helpful if he's able to respond.

• @bpert said:
    Here you go, it’s iPad only. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/midi-tools/id1446209019

Downloaded the free version of Wotja 22 and looks pretty sweet. I love the pay for free updates for one year and keep the app model you guys have going. Keep up the good work!

Many, many thanks. If you can possibly find time to leave a review, that'd be super kind of you :smile:

Best wishes, pete

• @jonmoore said:
    Here you go: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/midi-tools/id1446209019

Victor also produces Atom/Atom 2.

Thank you very much! He looks super talented, I must say.

I know what you mean - trying to make a living out of niche audio software is very very tough. How we've managed to keep it going for 30+ years, almost defies belief frankly! Helps that we're a brother team, I suppose.

Best wishes,

Pete

• edited January 2022

@jonmoore @Jumpercollins @monch1962 @enkaytee

“scanning (MIDI route (instrument))”

OK, I've found the bug in JUCE (a 3rd party library we use) which isn't handling some really weird properties being reported back by this plug-in. I'd wager the same thing is happening for his other failing plug-ins.

https://forum.juce.com/t/audioprocessorparameter-validation-issue-for-some-3rd-party-plug-ins/49465/3

The fix is simple enough. We'll test it out internally, and hopefully push it very soon.

Best wishes, Pete

• @jonmoore said:
    Either way, he's very approachable and I'm sure he'll be helpful if he's able to respond.

I've sent him a message via his website, and let him know about the patch I'm applying to JUCE to work around the JUCE issue.

Many thanks!

Pete

• @knewspeak said:
    Same here crashes scanning midi route (instrument)

Problem tracked down, and we're testing the fix!

Best wishes, Pete

• @mingxiu said:
    also here hangs on the “ scanning midi route (instrument)”

Problem tracked down, and we're testing the fix!

Best wishes, Pete

• @enkaytee said:

@impete said:
    Folks, I’ve seen quite a few crashes on macOS related to initialising Harvest and Invader and WavesLib, whatever they might be.

NB: WavesLib is calling some JavaScript within the initialisation code, that bizarrely is trying to initialise WebKit - that looks extremely odd to me.

@impete - see my last email...👍

I've just tried Invader 2 on my development MacBook (M1 etc.) without any problems - this was the latest from their website.

Pete

• @impete said:
    @jonmoore @Jumpercollins @monch1962 @enkaytee

“scanning (MIDI route (instrument))”

OK, I've found the bug in JUCE (a 3rd party library we use) which isn't handling some really weird properties being reported back by this plug-in. I'd wager the same thing is happening for his other failing plug-ins.

https://forum.juce.com/t/audioprocessorparameter-validation-issue-for-some-3rd-party-plug-ins/49465/3

The fix is simple enough. We'll test it out internally, and hopefully push it very soon.

Best wishes, Pete

Nice one @impete ! Thanks very much for following up so quickly

• edited January 2022

@monch1962 said:
    Nice one @impete ! Thanks very much for following up so quickly

Happy to help :smile:

The update is likely to be 22.0.4 ...

Best wishes, Pete