Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

QUBE / New Album

edited January 2022 in Creations

Fun to publish this latest, eclectic, bunch on New Years Day. I hope it will add to the weekend’s enjoyment. Happy Newest Year to all.

https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/7t/ue8or4gjmycl.jpeg ""

https://michaelalevy.bandcamp.com/album/qube

Comments

• McDMcD
    edited January 2022

You can pay for this music too! Happy New Year. I treated myself to a digital copy with download rights so I can repurpose your music into Staffpad sketches.

• @McD said:
    You can pay for this music too! Happy New Year. I treated myself to a digital copy with download rights so I can rape your music for audio material to sneak into Staffpad sketches.

Either this'll put your nose out of joint or you won't care but I do.

There's a four letter word in your comment here.
    It begins with R and finishes with E.

It's not cool.

At all.

It's a serious matter.

It's not acceptable language.

• McDMcD
    edited January 2022

I edited the comment.

• @McD said:

@Gravitas said:

I edited the comment. Thanks.

Cool.
    Well done.

I'll add this to my list of "Alphabet words". When do you think we'll fix up Hip Hop?

i. Good.
    ii. If you've noticed I'm not a hip-hop producer.
    iii. Hip-hop is an American invention so fix it at the root if you really wanna go there.

I do like words that sit in the venn diagram between order and anarchy. But triggers for
    human rights violations are reasonable restraints on expression. Point taken.

Cool.

• @McD said:

@Gravitas said:

I edited the comment. Thanks.

I'll add this to my list of "Alphabet words".

I do like words that sit in the venn diagram between order and anarchy. But triggers for human rights violations are reasonable restraints on expression. Point taken. But there's something to be said for turning off some of the filters and giving words multiple contexts that come from idiomatic expressions.

No.
    Certain words are not acceptable.
    At all.
    It seems that you've learnt a lot from your former President.
    Wasn't he heard to remark in such manner?

When do you think we'll fix up Hip Hop? Can we use MF'er? (Mothers Against Mother F'ers)

See my earlier reply.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dozens_(game)

Thinking of "The Dozens" I can see that such language is really cultural appropriation but it has so much expressive power. But what else is a melting pot good for if not learning new ideas and values. I'm sure there are little WASP kids walking around spouting Rap lyrics for their power and attitude. IN the wrong context this kid will learn a hard lesson.

This isn't only about your culture dude.
    I don't know squat diddly about the U.S.
    What is a WASP kid?
    I don't need to know.
    If you want to learn diversity?
    Here goes.
    Diversity isn't about being permissive.
    Diversity is about learning what is permitted and also what isn't permitted.
    It's about learning the differences between cultures and as far as I know
    r//e is international abhorrent except with insecure male chauvinists.

New values?

So you want to change the meaning of r//e so that it's acceptable?
    Wow.

Well done for editing your original comment.

I'm done here.

• McDMcD
    edited January 2022

Buy this album.

• @McD said:
    Text is a potential torrent of landmines.

"When do you think we'll fix up Hip Hop?" is a rhetorical question intended to point out the danger of regulating speech without nuance or flexibility for our differences and experiences.

What other genres of music do you know?

Pronouns as placeholders for real nouns are also sources of miscommunication. In this case it's "We" which could be thought of as "You and I" or society at large. Pronouns have only gained more power...

That's your problem.
    Incorrect usage of language is what started
    this communication exchange in the first place.

I feel sorry for Latin Languages that have had to apply gender conventions to all nouns. They are well and truly fornicated.

Wow?
    How superior do you really feel?

I'm sure @LinearLineman appreciates a little more time on the front page to gain attention for his work so feel free.

I've said what needed to be said from my perspective.
    I am now aware of how you actually communicate
    and now you know my stance on such matters.
    That's that.

We are done here.

• edited January 2022

Rapidly rappelling into this rapacious rapport to lay down my rap: nice album!

• Fantastic musicianship, my only niggle is that the album is thematically a bit too disparate with the mixture jazz, orchestral, and electronic. I think it might work better to have a unified theme, because to me this sounds like a collection of unrelated tracks rather than an album.

A lot of artists are curious by nature, and have an appetite to explore disparate avenues - which I think is a healthy trait (I'm the same myself). But I think an album should make a clear artistic statement, in a unified style.

The more electronic title track was the highlight for me, but the playing throughout was really terrific.

• Thanks for the kind words @richardyot. I really appreciate it. And I agree totally. An album is better if it has a theme, or a consistency of instruments. Usually I do that, piano, planets, periodic table, philosophers… hmmm, seems like everything starting with “P”. Also jazz, synth centric, contemporary classical. So, yeah, I like themes.

OTOH, I mostly put the stuff in albums as an archival process. The few who will listen affirm my raison d’etre but chances are they’ve heard them before as I post every track here (also as part of my workflow… and to share, of course). Usually I am engaged with some theme or other. But these past two weeks I have been wandering around with no particular direction… looking for what to do next.
    These tracks are thematic, perhaps, of searching., but that’s a stretch.

I’ve expressed my admiration for the discipline of your working process. This is sort of my discipline, too. Usually theme and production goals coincide, just not this time. Anyway, I’m now on an inner child kick so that’ll probably be the next theme…. If my depressive, cynical, mind can tolerate nine tracks in major keys, that is 😳😱. Always a pleasure to hear your POVs, Richard. I wish you a productive new year, tho I’m pretty certain that’s gonna happen without my good wishes.

Thanks @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr, you had my rapt attention. Happy New Year, bro! 🙏

• McDMcD
    edited January 2022

you are teaching me valuable lessons and for that, I thank you.

• edited January 2022

I’m not particularly happy about this thread being bumped in this way, but I do believe in free speech and dictionary definitions. Here’s one…

“Rape is a word for sexual assault. This is one of the worst crimes there is. Rape can also mean to plunder or strip something of resources.”. Obviously @McD was utilizing the second meaning. Still, it must be said that rape is a terribly loaded word. It is true that McD and I have a consensual no holds barred relationship in our self expression with each other. I understood the context. It was an unfortunate choice of words and he apologized to the offended party. I wish it had ended at that.

I respect both parties here. I hope they will either let it rest or continue their discussion via PM and, hopefully, come to a mutual understanding.

• @LinearLineman said:
    I’m not particularly happy about this thread being bumped in this way,

I’m not surprised.

but I do believe in free speech and dictionary definitions. Here’s one…
    “Rape is a word for sexual assault. This is one of the worst crimes there is. Rape can also mean to plunder or strip something of resources.”. Obviously @McD was utilizing the second meaning. Still, it must be said that rape is a terribly loaded word. It is true that McD and I have a consensual no holds barred relationship in our self expression with each other. I understood the context. It was an unfortunate choice of words and he apologized to the offended party. I wish it had ended at that.

I know it’s a very loaded word hence my reaction.

I left it at that.
    I thought it was settled.
    I thought we had agreed to disagree.
    Evidently not.

I respect both parties here. I hope they will either let it rest or continue their discussion via PM and, hopefully, come to a mutual understanding.

Note I had said ,’We are done here.’
    Which meant there is nothing more to discuss.

That’s the way he communicates so be it.
    That’s not the way I communicate or the organisations I’m involved with.
    Some of them happen to care and protect victims of such a heinous crime.

When you’ve looked at a victim of such a crime in the eye you will
    understand why I reacted the way I did to the usage of that word
    and I will always react like that.

I don’t wish McD any harm or disrespect.

I let it go the moment I said ,’We are done here’.

I’ve got more important things to be concerned about.

• @Gravitas, well communicated.

• Just listened all the way through on decent speaker… favourite tracks Qube and Norway Spruce, loved the swooping violin. Second listen to …Trenton, first time not keen, second time it’s definitely growing on me. Your ability to surprise is inspiring!

• edited January 2022

Thank you for taking the time to listen @GeoTony. Triumph of Trenton has a very unexpected lead voice…. It’s a kazoo, after all 🤣. I came to like it as I listened over and over while arranging the track. It eventually started to really get to me. Strange how these things sometimes work.