Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wotja 22 - Generative Music App & Plug-in Host (Free, Pro; AUv3 / VST3)

Comments

• Slightly odd the topic of the crashing plugin scan, after a couple of hours of playing with the ‘21 version last night, I pre ordered, and I’ve tried it on my iPad, but it doesn’t show as purchased on my desktop; is it a similar story to the iOS App Store where going through the purchase process will eventually lead to an ‘already ownedz’ type message?

• @onerez said:
    Congrats on the release. But man the crashing on plugins…. Do you not have a quarantine for the problem plugins like Zenbeats? I am not going to delete the plugins to make this work.

That is something I'm thinking about after all the feedback. I'm afraid you'll all just have to bear with me while I tease-out a solution (it is a very complicated area to grapple with)...!

Best wishes, Pete

• @Krupa said:
    Slightly odd the topic of the crashing plugin scan, after a couple of hours of playing with the ‘21 version last night, I pre ordered, and I’ve tried it on my iPad, but it doesn’t show as purchased on my desktop; is it a similar story to the iOS App Store where going through the purchase process will eventually lead to an ‘already ownedz’ type message?

If you buy the iOS version of Wotja 22 Pro, it should be available for download from the macOS App Store, as they're in the same bundle - try searching and see what you find. The only thing I can think of that might stop this happening, is if you had a really old version of macOS that wasn't compatible.

Best wishes, Pete

• @Krupa said:
    Slightly odd the topic of the crashing plugin scan, after a couple of hours of playing with the ‘21 version last night, I pre ordered, and I’ve tried it on my iPad, but it doesn’t show as purchased on my desktop; is it a similar story to the iOS App Store where going through the purchase process will eventually lead to an ‘already ownedz’ type message?

Downloaded and shows in AppStore on my M1 Mac Mini, although quite a few plugins failed verification because of non sandboxed nature.

• @impete said:

@Krupa said:

If you buy the iOS version of Wotja 22 Pro, it should be available for download from the macOS App Store, as they're in the same bundle - try searching and see what you find. The only thing I can think of that might stop this happening, is if you had a really old version of macOS that wasn't compatible.

Best wishes, Pete

Hmm weird, I’m on 10.13.6 so old but not the ancient… I’ve got Pro installed on my iPad, but the Mac App Store is still showing £21.99 and when I click it, it leads into the buying process by asking for my password… I’ve been through this on the iOS store before, but I’ve never done a cross buy type thing between the platforms… my Mac is Intel btw, if that makes a difference?

• Interestingly, the free version installed just fine and runs on my Mac, some plugins work as well, phonolynth velvet for one, unfiltered audio lion for another… I thought none would in my old system?

• @knewspeak said:

Downloaded and shows in AppStore on my M1 Mac Mini, although quite a few plugins failed verification because of non sandboxed nature.

If you can, please get on to the developers of “unsafe” plugins to encourage them to fix this.

In most cases it’s a really simple fix. It just needs one extra line in a .plist. I’ve done my best during beta to encourage devs to do this. Some have been fantastic and responsive. Others, less so.

Mostly it’s because they don’t realise it’s a problem as there aren’t many App Store distributed apps that host AUs. We even found one of Apples own AUs that wasn’t flagged correctly.

But if more people can start reporting the issue to AU devs there is a better chance of getting this irritation fixed.

In particular, I’d love it if we can persuade Spitfire Labs to sort themselves out. I reported the issue to them months ago and after a promising initial response, nothing has happened since. The Labs collection are really well suited to Wotjas musical tendencies and it’s a real shame we can’t host them.

• @impete - I'm finding v22 to be a bit of a battery eater on an ipad Pro 3rd gen - I'll test v21 again but I'm pretty sure it was never as hungry as this. If you need any more info, let me know....

• @impete said:

@onerez said:
    Congrats on the release. But man the crashing on plugins…. Do you not have a quarantine for the problem plugins like Zenbeats? I am not going to delete the plugins to make this work.

That is something I'm thinking about after all the feedback. I'm afraid you'll all just have to bear with me while I tease-out a solution (it is a very complicated area to grapple with)...!

Best wishes, Pete

So FYI…. I own just about every plugin know to man. The one that it was hanging on was like others have said was midi tools. I did delete that and WOTJA finished scanning all the rest of mine with no issue. I had quite a few when I beta tested with ZenBeats that had to be quarantined, but these all went through. I guess I can now put my WOTJA shirt on and get lost all day!!!!

• @Krupa said:

@impete said:

@Krupa said:

Hmm weird, I’m on 10.13.6 so old but not the ancient… I’ve got Pro installed on my iPad, but the Mac App Store is still showing £21.99 and when I click it, it leads into the buying process by asking for my password… I’ve been through this on the iOS store before, but I’ve never done a cross buy type thing between the platforms… my Mac is Intel btw, if that makes a difference?

Make sure you’re signed in to both stores with the same account!!!

Pete

• @impete said:

@Krupa said:

@impete said:

@Krupa said:

Make sure you’re signed in to both stores with the same account!!!

Pete

Aye, I’ve only got the one :)

I think it’s a regular Apple problem and I’ll just have to overcome the fear at some point and it’ll just not take payment…

• edited January 2022

@knewspeak said:

@Krupa said:

@impete Yes tried the desktop version on my 2015 MBP and it appears to be jumping over and skipping a lot of plugins AU, s out of the 70 odd I own its only showing about 4!

NI, Arturia, not showing. I'm not on a M1 Mac but it is showing the new Animoog Z which I found amusing!

Do we have a option to show what folders it's searching through like you would with a standard DAW?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Do we have a option to show what folders it's searching through like you would with a standard DAW?

The system knows where to look; we just ask the system to tell us about all the plug-ins!

The reason you old AUs aren’t available is explained by @UMCorps post above!!

Best wishes, Pete

• edited January 2022

@impete said:

@Jumpercollins said:

The system knows where to look; we just ask the system to tell us about all the plug-ins!

The reason you old AUs aren’t available is explained by @UMCorps post above!!

Best wishes, Pete

Cheers @impete looks like it's pretty limited then on the desktop then surprised NI Kontakt Massive, Phaseplant etc don't show I'm sure I saw Kontakt being used with the app in this thread!

• @impete Hi, which email address can I send crash report to?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Cheers @impete looks like it's pretty limited then on the desktop then surprised NI Kontakt Massive, Phaseplant etc don't show I'm sure I saw Kontakt being used with the app in this thread!

IIRC that was Kontakt VST3 on Windows?

Pete

• Kontakt works fine for me on an M1 Mac Mini.

I have found that, after a scan, some AUs don’t show up in Wotja despite being sandbox safe until the next reboot.

I think it’s to do with how Mac OS caches things?

• @UMCorps said:
    Kontakt works fine for me on an M1 Mac Mini.

I have found that, after a scan, some AUs don’t show up in Wotja despite being sandbox safe until the next reboot.

Aha, yes. Good point Mark - had forgotten :smile:

Pete

• @god said:
    @impete Hi, which email address can I send crash report to?

Please use the Contact form on the Intermorphic website, thanks!

Pete

• @UMCorps said:
    Kontakt works fine for me on an M1 Mac Mini.

A reboot is often required to 'trigger' AUs in plugin hosts / DAWS on a Mac.

• Tried the new version out today but Kaspar is causing it to crash during the AUv3 scan.....

• @drewinnit said:
    Tried the new version out today but Kaspar is causing it to crash during the AUv3 scan.....

Anybody else using Kaspar?

Pete

• @impete said:

@god said:
    @impete Hi, which email address can I send crash report to?

Please use the Contact form on the Intermorphic website, thanks!

Pete

Thanks,

I posted it. I could not get the whole text into the form, so I posted a url to the ips file within my Dropbox folder. Hope you can still access the data!

• @god said:
    I posted it. I could not get the whole text into the form, so I posted a url to the ips file within my Dropbox folder. Hope you can still access the data!

Cool, thanks!

Pete

• @impete said:

@drewinnit said:
    Tried the new version out today but Kaspar is causing it to crash during the AUv3 scan.....

Pete

Kaspar passed the scan for me, and I’ve successfully loaded it as an AUv3. iOS 15.2, iPad Pro.

• @GRiker said:

@impete said:

@drewinnit said:

Kaspar passed the scan for me, and I’ve successfully loaded it as an AUv3. iOS 15.2, iPad Pro.

Cool - many thanks for the info! Pete

• @impete said:

@drewinnit said:

Pete

Kaspar passed the scan for me too, Atom v1 was repeatedly crashing, so after ascertaining that I only had aum presets for it, I offloaded it and tried again, whereupon the scan completed and I guess I’m up and running!

What will prompt a rescan? I’m just wondering if it’s safe to reload atom v1 as it has a few patterns I like, and also, if new auv3 are installed, what will get them into the Wotja list?

• @Krupa said:
    What will prompt a rescan? I’m just wondering if it’s safe to reload atom v1 as it has a few patterns I like, and also, if new auv3 are installed, what will get them into the Wotja list?

At the moment, Wotja kicks-off a scan when you restart it. I'm not sure if this is the best way, but we were trying to have things "just work" for most users without having to worry about manually scanning. This is what we're trying to re-think over the next few weeks; but I don't want to rush any decisions!

Best wishes, Pete

• @impete said:

@Krupa said:

At the moment, Wotja kicks-off a scan when you restart it. I'm not sure if this is the best way, but we were trying to have things "just work" for most users without having to worry about manually scanning. This is what we're trying to re-think over the next few weeks; but I don't want to rush any decisions!

Best wishes, Pete

You too, nice work, sorry about all the bustle on New Year’s Day 😁

• @Krupa said:
    You too, nice work, sorry about all the bustle on New Year’s Day 😁

Tell me about it - I was hoping to have a few days off!! :tired_face:

Anyhow, I think that between us, we've got all our early iOS users up-and-running. Many thanks to all.

Windows and VST3 support is a different ball-game - AUv3 plug-ins are much better behaved - thank you, Apple!

Best wishes, Pete