Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wotja 22 - Generative Music App & Plug-in Host (Free, Pro; AUv3 / VST3)

Comments

• edited January 2022

@impete it's also crashing for me while “scanning (MIDI route (instrument))”

Seems like a pattern emerging with it failing at the same point on various iPad models and iOS versions, so hopefully it's fairly straightforward to reproduce

• @impete said:

@enkaytee said:

Thanks for that! Hopefully there is a clear pattern I can spot.

It is amazing to me how many plugins so many of you have!!

Pete

@impete - Well, I don't think it's that unusual if you've been making music on any device for a number of years - probably need to have a bit of a purge at some point! Anyway - if you need any new builds testing, let me know...

• @monch1962 said:
    @impete it's als crashing for me while “scanning (MIDI route (instrument))”

For sure, that particular instrument seems to be causing trouble!

It will be a relief for me to track down whatever the problem is!!

Thanks to all for your feedback. It is great to have such helpful customers!!

Pete

• @enkaytee said:

Thank you very much! Tracking this down might well be a team effort :smile:

TBH, I foresaw there could be teething problems with this aspect of hosting; there are an infinitude of plugins, and despite standards imposed by the plug-in sdks, they show a remarkable range of behaviours…

Best wishes, Pete

• Same problem with the scanning here

• @monch1962 said:
    @impete it's als crashing for me while “scanning (MIDI route (instrument))”

Seems like a pattern emerging with it failing at the same point on various iPad models and iOS versions, so hopefully it's fairly straightforward to reproduce

@impete
    Yer same problem here with scanning AU,s (midi route instruments) iPad Pro 9.7 latest iOS. Reminds me of the early Zenbeat problems when they added AU,s took months to sort out.

I never understood why certain iOS hosts have to use this scan option as others just show AU,s I suppose it’s because it’s desktop aswell.

• godgod
    edited January 2022

@impete said:

@god said:
    Crashes for me during the scan for AUs, shortly after launch.. stand-alone mode. Waiting for fix… 😞

Hi! Which AUv3 did it hang-up on?!

Pete

Hi!

Atom ( https://apps.apple.com/us/app/atom-piano-roll/id1455200044 )

I have removed Atom from my device for now (I barely ever use it anyway), and W22 loaded up fine.

• edited January 2022

@impete Well took ten mins scanning over 400 AU,s and I only found Midi Tools by the Atom 2 dev Victor Porof to crash Wotja 22 when scanning so it has a lot less problems than Zenbeats had in its early AU scanning days.

I deleted Midi Tools for now as don’t use it much and managed to get through the scanning process ok.

Any chance of adding in AU app symbols aswell as names like most AU iOS DAWs show. With over 400 AU,s trawling through lists to find what you after can be a bit flow breaking. Again it’s probably a multi platform thing why they show in lists but showing the AU picture or symbol would make finding what you want to use a lot quicker.

• After deleting midi tools and atom1 (doesn’t stop by atom2) works here also.
    Strange thing is, in AUM it doesn’t work still, it doesn’t play my flows or mixes

• for me the problem was atom1 ... eliminated arrives at the end of the scan

• Someone mentioned Kaspar as a problem earlier in the thread?

• @enkaytee said:
    Someone mentioned Kaspar as a problem earlier in the thread?

@enkaytee
    Got Kasper for me it’s working fine.

• Like many with a large amount of Auv3’s it’s also hanging for me on the scan process. Appears to be the Midi Route Instrument.

• edited January 2022

Hi all!

So to summarise what you’ve all shared, there are only three AUv3 that cause a crash on scan:
    Midi tools
    Midi Route
    Atom 1

Am I missing anything else?

Frankly, if those are the only ones out of hundreds you all must have tried; that is really quite something - and quite a relief!!

Meantime, I’ll try to track down the reason.

Best wishes to all you kind souls,

Pete

• @impete said:
    Hi all!

So to summarise what you’ve all shared, there are only three AUv3 that cause a crash on scan:
    MIDI tools
    MIDI route
    Atom 2

Am I missing anything else?

Frankly, if those are the only ones out of hundreds you all must have tried; that is really quite something - and quite a relief!!

Meantime, I’ll try to track down the reason.

Best wishes to all you kind souls,

Pete

I think it’s only atom1, I removed atom1, left atom2 and it’s working

• @mingxiu said:

Thank you! I’ll update my list.

Pete

• @impete Just removed Midi tools and got further, now stopping at Atom 2. Removed atom 2, stops on atom. So… removed atom, and…. (Drum roll), it successfully gets through them and completes.

Good for now, but what is different about the plugins I removed I wonder. Will be reinstalling Atom 2 and midi tools for other projects.

Looking forward to getting my head around Wotja 22. Thanks.

• Hmm, will deleting atom lose work? I guess the saved stuff I have will be in aum files rather than atom’s own storage…

• @Krupa said:
    Hmm, will deleting atom lose work? I guess the saved stuff I have will be in aum files rather than atom’s own storage…

Yeah, I reinstalled atom 2 and have lost my pattern history. Not really worried, but it may affect others.

• @ik2000 said:

@Krupa said:
    Hmm, will deleting atom lose work? I guess the saved stuff I have will be in aum files rather than atom’s own storage…

Yeah, I reinstalled atom 2 and have lost my pattern history. Not really worried, but it may affect others.

You can also try to offload app, not delete (in settings, app storage), that removes the app butt keeps the data.
    But here Atom2 is still there, scanning only stopped at atom1 (and midi route) and works fine

• @ik2000 said:

@Krupa said:

Ta, I’ll look at what I’ve got to lose before trying that then :)

• For me I just removed Midi Tools and Atom version 1, the scan did then complete. Atom 2 I didn’t remove.

• edited January 2022

@impete Heads-up - there are some queries on the Windows version over on KVR -->

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=565173&start=15

• edited January 2022

@impete Despite the small 'problems'.......Congratulations with the release of version 22.

Midi Tools has to be deleted. Atom 2 was scanned without any problem.

• @impete said:

@mingxiu said:

Thank you! I’ll update my list.

Pete

Atom 2 also caused the crash for me - I had to remove both versions.

• edited January 2022

@impete Any plans for some new videos showing off AU support? Can you combine inbuilt instruments with AU,s ? Every time I load a AU it takes over the template set? Going to take a few hours of learning to get back into the Wotja 22 workflow.

Can you view or swap out for example built in instruments for AU in the view below? How do you view a AU in the context of routing ?

Had 1 crash so far with Addstation loaded on pressing stop button the app crashed.

• @enkaytee said:
    @impete - Well, I don't think it's that unusual if you've been making music on any device for a number of years - probably need to have a bit of a purge at some point! Anyway - if you need any new builds testing, let me know...

It is just amazing to me :smile:

Pete

• @receder said:
    @impete Heads-up - there are some queries on the Windows version over on KVR -->

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=565173&start=15

Thank you very much!! :smile:

Best wishes, Pete

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @impete Any plans for some new videos showing off AU support? Can you combine inbuilt instruments with AU,s ? Every time I load a AU it takes over the template set? Going to take a few hours of learning to get back into the Wotja 22 workflow.

Can you view or swap out for example built in instruments for AU in the view below? How do you view a AU in the context of routing ?

Hi - and sorry we've not yet formally documented this - the website reworking took way more effort than we anticipated. BTW, we think the new site is much easier to navigate, and loads much faster. We hope you like it!

The "final output" from the Mix-level effects is presented as "Wotja Output" 'Instrument' in the plug-ins tab when you try setting the slot instrument. You've probably already spotted this. If you select the "Wotja Output" as 'Instrument' for an FX Chain, then you can add other AUv3 FX within the chain to further treat it.

By default, your Wotja Mix output in a chain will have output from the Mix FX, as noted. However, if you only want it to be driven by the sum of Wotja outputs from Tracks 2 and 3, select these tracks as your Track filter option.

If you want to use an AUv3 instrument in a chain (driven by the MIDI output from Wotja):

• create one chain with Wotja Mix Output as the Instrument (first slot in the chain)
    • create another chain with your fave AUv3 Instrument as the Instrument

If you have 2 or more FX chains set-up, then simply adjust the relative outputs from the two chains using the Sliders - they're all added together.

By default, your AUv3 instrument in a chain will have output from all MIDI channels. However, if you only want it to be driven by (say) MIDI channel 2, select this as your filter using the option you see in the chain.

You have a Master FX chain at the end, where you can apply AUv3 FX to the summed outputs of all the other FX chains you have set up.

Each FX chain can be set-up with any combination of the above; so it is pretty flexible!

Hoping that explains things for now, anyhow.

Best wishes,

Pete

• Congrats on the release. But man the crashing on plugins…. Do you not have a quarantine for the problem plugins like Zenbeats? I am not going to delete the plugins to make this work.