Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atom 2 question.

I am trying to use one Atom 2 instance to record/play Ruismaker and DRC. I can record/play Ruismaker just fine on channel 1. I can play DRC on channel 2 from inside Atom (the keyboard) and can record that.

I just seem unable to record my playing directly in DRC in Atom on channel 2 and play that back. I can record what I am playing in DRC on channel 1, but that will then be played back in Ruismaker..

Anyone know what I’m missing here? Or is this not possible.

Comments

• wimwim
    edited December 2021

Have you verified that DRC is sending on channel 2 by checking with a midi monitor?

I know that Atom2 can record and play back on separate channels. I don't have DRC, but just tried a similar setup using Rozeta XOX instances sending on channels 1 and 2. Playback is fine.

If you choose one of the style sheets that shows the the channel as different colors that may help with troubleshooting. But a midi monitor is where I would start.

• edited December 2021

Thank you I didn’t think of that. It’s sending on channel 1 according to MIDI monitor. Now I need to find out how to get it to 2 and see if that solves my problem..
    edit: I can reroute it with MIDI route to channel 2 and the set-up seems to be working as it should now. But should be a simpler way?

• Great. If you can't change it in DRC, mfxStrip between DRC and Atom2 can change it for you. Or Streambyter.

• thank you @wim!! (your answer arrived here after my last message :)

• Is there some kind of bug or am I doing something wrong? I have an instance of Atom which I initially had set to 8 bars, but now want to make longer, but can’t. I pinch to zoom out and drag to the end of the sequence, but the tool for adding / removing bars does not appear. Any suggestions?

Cheers

• @Gavinski said:
    Is there some kind of bug or am I doing something wrong? I have an instance of Atom which I initially had set to 8 bars, but now want to make longer, but can’t. I pinch to zoom out and drag to the end of the sequence, but the tool for adding / removing bars does not appear. Any suggestions?

Cheers

I tried this now and the controls +/- for adding tracks disappeared as you say, but, with a heavy outzoom the controls came back!

• Ah, u know what... Might have been user error, I think I had the little settings menu on the right open, which hides the add / remove bars section, thnx 😀