Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DDMF DIM D demo.This thing is a real jewel.

edited December 2021 in Creations

I've had this thing for free yesterday (part of a bundle etc....).
I'm not fond of modulations,but that thing is truly amazing.
It sounds like the chorus is on parallel with dry sound.This one remains untouched.
I've never heard this in any other modulation apps,even the best ones.
My fave modulation app has always been jam synth,but this one is on par,if not better for me.
Great app!
No IR cabs or whatever in this video.
Thanks!
Flo

Comments

• Yeah, Dimension D is a unique chorus, I have the uad version. I found with vocals I need to put it on a send when I want it to be really subtle, but when you want the chorusing to be obvious it’s very unique.

• @mrufino1 said:
    Yeah, Dimension D is a unique chorus, I have the uad version. I found with vocals I need to put it on a send when I want it to be really subtle, but when you want the chorusing to be obvious it’s very unique.

Totally agree!

• These are really clean, gently chorused tones. DDMF creates FX apps that make everything sound better. He's really good at modeling circuits and making them do what the great hardware offers: in this case the Roland Dimension D chorus effect. In the 1980s, they were used extensively by Brian Eno, Talking Heads, Peter Gabriel, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Andy Summers.

As always you're playing and ability to create special tonal textures helps immensely to sell us on more apps.

• @McD said:
    These are really clean, gently chorused tones. DDMF creates FX apps that make everything sound better. He's really good at modeling circuits and making them do what the great hardware offers: in this case the Roland Dimension D chorus effect. In the 1980s, they were used extensively by Brian Eno, Talking Heads, Peter Gabriel, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Andy Summers.

As always you're playing and ability to create special tonal textures helps immensely to sell us on more apps.

🙏🙏🙏
    Thanks for listening and for your support.
    Flo

• That’s beautiful! Very unique, 3 dimensional sounding chorus. And great playing, of course.

• edited December 2021

@Schmotown said:
    That’s beautiful! Very unique, 3 dimensional sounding chorus. And great playing, of course.

Yes,truly amazing as are most of their apps.
    Thanks a lot for your kind words!

• edited December 2021

@flo26 said:
    It sounds like the chorus is on parallel with dry sound.This one remains untouched.
    My fave modulation app has always been jam synth,but this one is on par,if not better for me.
    Great app!
    Thanks!
    Flo

The ol' 3D Chorus, huh? What if I gave you an updated AUv3 synth + 3D Chorus AUv3 standalone ??

It's based on the dc-3, which is based on the dc-2, which is based on the sdd-320, which the DDMF DIM D is based on.

• @dreamless said:

@flo26 said:
    Great app!
    Thanks!
    Flo

The ol' 3D Chorus, huh? What if I gave you an updated AUv3 synth + 3D Chorus AUv3 standalone ??

It's based on the dc-3, which is based on the dc-2, which is based on the sdd-320, which the DDMF DIM D is based on.

Nice

• 2?

All I can find in the App Store is Jam Synth…

• I'm a fan of the old Dimension D as well and I've re-built it several times.
    Works well on electric bass too btw, especially for fretless, without muddying up the sound.

• @dreamless said:

@flo26 said:
    Great app!
    Thanks!
    Flo

Oh,it would be really cool!
    Jam synth fx's have always been faves of mine.
    There is something special about them.
    Don't forget rotary vibe and rainbows😉.
    Flo

• @McD said:
    These are really clean, gently chorused tones. DDMF creates FX apps that make everything sound better. He's really good at modeling circuits and making them do what the great hardware offers: in this case the Roland Dimension D chorus effect. In the 1980s, they were used extensively by Brian Eno, Talking Heads, Peter Gabriel, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Andy Summers.

Before the urban myth starts spreading, DimD isn’t ‘circuit modeled', very few plugins are truly 'circuit modeled' in a tool such as Spice. The phrasing used on both the original EmptyRoomSystems marketing matches that of the current DDMF marketing is:

Careful reproduction of the original schematics.

That's more a case of making informed choices based on the signal flow as detailed in this doc:

https://www.synthxl.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Roland-Sdd-320-Service-note.pdf

A plugin like Cytomic's The Drop is truly circuit modeled as Spice was used to create the different filter models. The plugin itself doesn't simulate the circuits as that would be too expensive, but the algorithms are matched to the circuit modeling.

With a little knowledge of electronics, you can even use schematics (which are widely available) to create similar signal flows in, dare I say it Drambo.

Even the MagicDeathEye compressors aren't circuit modeled, there was plenty of "careful circuit and signal analysis", but that's different from circuit modeling.

Apologies for what might seem like pedantry, but the term 'circuit modeled' gets bandied about the plugin ecosystem far too much as a badge of supposed authenticity, when the truth of the matter is that one's ears are still the most critical tool one needs to be a great plugin developer, as is the case with Christian and Sean, the developers responsible for DDMF and Valhalla plugins (Sean Costelo has spoken at great length ref his development process).

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Agreed, that sounds good - great playing as always @flo26.

• @BCKeys said:
    Totally agree, this one made me delete FAC Chorus at first listen 😋

You can also use both😉😉.

• @pbelgium said:
    Agreed, that sounds good - great playing as always @flo26.

Thanks a lot!

• FAC Chorus and DimD do completely different things and both are essential alongside Eventide TriceraChorus. Between these three, you've got a rich armoury of chorus flavours for both guitar and keys/synths.

• I find chorus D from Blue_ mangoo/ Mani consulting limited company ( never sure which name i should use lol) is excellent too

• @jonmoore said:
    FAC Chorus and DimD do completely different things and both are essential alongside Eventide TriceraChorus. Between these three, you've got a rich armoury of chorus flavours for both guitar and keys/synths.

Agree.
    That being said,i do really enjoy the "analog" sound of this one.

• @kin said:
    I find chorus D from Blue_ mangoo/ Mani consulting limited company ( never sure which name i should use lol) is excellent too

I don't have this one.
    @Blue_Mangoo makes great apps.

• @jonmoore said:

@McD said:

Before the urban myth starts spreading, DimD isn’t ‘circuit modeled', very few plugins are truly 'circuit modeled' in a tool such as Spice. The phrasing used on both the original EmptyRoomSystems marketing matches that of the current DDMF marketing is:

Careful reproduction of the original schematics.

That's more a case of making informed choices based on the signal flow as detailed in this doc:

https://www.synthxl.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Roland-Sdd-320-Service-note.pdf

A plugin like Cytomic's The Drop is truly circuit modeled as Spice was used to create the different filter models. The plugin itself doesn't simulate the circuits as that would be too expensive, but the algorithms are matched to the circuit modeling.

With a little knowledge of electronics, you can even use schematics (which are widely available) to create similar signal flows in, dare I say it Drambo.

Even the MagicDeathEye compressors aren't circuit modeled, there was plenty of "careful circuit and signal analysis", but that's different from circuit modeling.

Apologies for what might seem like pedantry, but the term 'circuit modeled' gets bandied about the plugin ecosystem far too much as a badge of supposed authenticity, when the truth of the matter is that one's ears are still the most critical tool one needs to be a great plugin developer, as is the case with Christian and Sean, the developers responsible for DDMF and Valhalla plugins (Sean Costelo has spoken at great length ref his development process).

Good context for understanding DDMF's artistry. I've noticed @chowdsp mentions using SPICE to design his DSP products:

SPICE ("Simulation Program with Integrated Circuit Emphasis") is a general-purpose, open-source analog electronic circuit simulator. It is a program used in integrated circuit and board-level design to check the integrity of circuit designs and to predict circuit behavior.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Great sound, great playing… just assume from now that I’ll only comment of I think either are rubbish!
    It will save me a lot of typing😊

• @GeoTony said:
    Great sound, great playing… just assume from now that I’ll only comment of I think either are rubbish!
    It will save me a lot of typing😊

🙏🏾🙏🏾