Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MelodyBud Generative Sequencer by Cem Olcay

Comments

• @cem_olcay said:
    The update is on the way. It's much better now :smile:

Big thank you and best wishes <3

• Don’t hesitate on the update :smile: There are 2 days of contemplation and family time ahead.

• Sold, based in p-locks alone!

• @cem_olcay said:
    The update is on the way. It's much better now :smile:

That's more like it. And it would be perfect if the note names are also displayed, just for the visualisation ;)

• edited December 2021

A video would be nice.. the other video is just about playing..

I know I will be getting it anyway.. 😊

• @cem_olcay said:
    Happy Holidays everyone, I'm super stoke to introduce you the MelodyBud - the generative sequencer!

First of all, it's a super quick and fun app to produce melodies with randomisation. It has a very powerful randomisation engine that you can apply to any mode (notes, octave, velocity, gate length, ratchets and glide!) and also has a super powerful "parameter-lock" mode which you can apply the randomisation engine to any step individually!

If you are familiar with the Elektron gear (digitak, oktotrack, model:samples etc) then you are already know what it is. But you can simply tap a step's number on the top of the sequencer and enter the parameter-locking mode, this app is all about this, it's crazy fun!

I can't wait your feedbacks, I know you are going to love this app and have so much fun!

Awesome man, and congratulations. I’m a huge fan and love to use your apps. Cheers!

• @eylvy said:

Thanks.. Now I figured out the ‘probability’..

• The new update v1.2 is live!

• @cem_olcay said:
    The new update v1.2 is live!

just updated, but still can’t access any of the controls when using as an AU in AUM . i’ve tried resizing the window, and turning my phone horizontal. nothing seems to work.

• Sweet! Congrats on the new app release @cem_olcay Just bought it! A fine addition to my “BUD collection” ❤️✌️😁

Will give it a spin later!

• Good work, @cem_olcay Thanks for implementing my feature request!

• @eross said:

@cem_olcay said:

just updated, but still can’t access any of the controls when using as an AU in AUM . i’ve tried resizing the window, and turning my phone horizontal. nothing seems to work.

I tested it in a few other apps. seems to only be missing when used as Au in AUM. and i’m on an iphone 13 pro max. maybe that is the issue ?

• @eross said:

@eross said:

@cem_olcay said:

>

I tested it in a few other apps. seems to only be missing when used as Au in AUM. and i’m on an iphone 13 pro max. maybe that is the issue ?

Yea mine seems fine, on beta, iPad 6 iOS 15.1.

• Modes are missing for me in AUM as well🤔

• @echoopera said:
    Modes are missing for me in AUM as well🤔

👍🏻

• In this 100% Live Stream I’ll give you a full tutorial or Cem Olcay’s new generative iOS Midi Sequencer App and I’ll make some music with it. Watch the stream to find out how you can win a code for this awesome app. Click the link to set a reminder. X

• @Jamie_Mallender said:

In this 100% Live Stream I’ll give you a full tutorial or Cem Olcay’s new generative iOS Midi Sequencer App and I’ll make some music with it. Watch the stream to find out how you can win a code for this awesome app. Click the link to set a reminder. X

i just submitted a new version update, hope it will be released until the livestream!

• Just threw this together as a first use of MelodyBud. The first few notes / instruments suggested a loose jazz band vibe so that is where it went… Many thanks to @cem_olcay

• The new version is live! I’m also working on new cool features as well.

• @eross said:

@eross said:

@cem_olcay said:

I fixed that issue and submitted a new version, it will be live in 1-2 days.

• Wow, that was fast, the new v1.2.2 is live!
    I'm uploading another version as well, let's see if I can abuse the Apple's fast review time and release 2 updates in a row :)

The next version will include "allowed ratchets list" where you can select the allowed ratchet numbers for the randomiser to pick (you can select only 2 and 4 etc). Of course it's also parameter-lockable for any step as well.

• @cem_olcay said:

@eross said:

@eross said:

@cem_olcay said:

I fixed that issue and submitted a new version, it will be live in 1-2 days.

awesome i can’t wait. thanks

• just downloaded update. works perfect in AuM now. 👍🏻

• The new version is up everybody! You edit the ratchet mode's randomiser now!

• Anyone else have the problem in AUM that if u load 4 instances of melody bud, the 4th is not actually sending midi data (though it appears to, whatever instrument u send it to will make no sound)?

• No sorry @Gavinski , up to 6 instances without a problem. IPadOS 15.2. Happy New Year!

• @GeoTony said:
    No sorry @Gavinski , up to 6 instances without a problem. IPadOS 15.2. Happy New Year!

Hmm weird. Maybe a reinstall will fix it... Thanks Tony and same to you!

• @cem_olcay Is there any chance that you could allow the ability to decouple the step counts for each of the lanes (in much the same way as it's handled by Corne Driesprong in his Cykle step sequencer)? The following screenshot will hopefully communicate the gist is things.

It really spices things up nicely. Cykles approach to decoupled lane lengths combined with MelodyBuds per step randomisation values could make for a very potent brew.

• @jonmoore said:
    @cem_olcay Is there any chance that you could allow the ability to decouple the step counts for each of the lanes (in much the same way as it's handled by Corne Driesprong in his Cykle step sequencer)? The following screenshot will hopefully communicate the gist is things.

It really spices things up nicely. Cykles approach to decoupled lane lengths combined with MelodyBuds per step randomisation values could make for a very potent brew.

I'd love to see this added too.