Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rozeta Update

Always nice to see an update, but I‘d love to see the Rozeta Plugins populate the MIDI section in AUM rather than the audio app section.
I wonder if this is something for @brambos to fix or for the aum developer?

Comments

• I think the dev answered that few days ago , something like the suite was made before Apple document AU midi?

• It's possible, I believe @brambos has explained, but problematic. When the suite was coded, there was no option to classify them as MIDI processors. To change the classification now would basically break every project where they were listed as AU extensions.

• @Korakios said:
    I think the dev answered that few days ago , something like the suite was made before Apple document AU midi?

oh, and that means it can‘t be fixed?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    It's possible, I believe @brambos has explained, but problematic. When the suite was coded, there was no option to classify them as MIDI processors. To change the classification now would basically break every project where they were listed as AU extensions.

ah, I understand. In this case, maybe Mr. Lilljedahl could do something about it, like manually changing the place they appear?

• Yes, in short that's the problem.

Doing it would be trivial. I could turn them into MIDI processors in less than two minutes.
    But by doing that, one of the following would happen:

• Changing them from regular AU plugins into MIDI processors would break all projects in all hosts in which they're currently used (because iOS would identify them as different plugins)
    • Making them MIDI plugins in addition to their current AU plugin type would double the list of Rozetas in most hosts (Resulting in a list of 20 items, 10 duplicates).

Neither is preferable in my opinion...

:|

• OK :) thanks for explaining @brambos so I guess we‘ll have to accept it as an oddity associated with Rozeta‘s role as pioneer

• @brambos said:
    Yes, in short that's the problem.

Doing it would be trivial. I could turn them into MIDI processors in less than two minutes.

• Changing them from regular AU plugins into MIDI processors would break all projects in all hosts in which they're currently used (because iOS would identify them as different plugins)
    • Making them MIDI plugins in addition to their current AU plugin type would double the list of Rozetas in most hosts (Resulting in a list of 20 items, 10 duplicates).

Hi @brambos , do you ever sleep ?!!

How about making a second midi processor bundle suite ,so new users can start the ‘right’ way?

• Good to see a maintenance update.

As much as I love love love the Rozeta suite, is there any chance that the in built sequencers for Ripplemaker, Troublemaker could be added to their AU instruments ala Ruismaker Noir?

I suppose this is a cosmetic / workflow ask, but it makes sense to have less units when working in AUM (less scrolling and routing) and ApeMatrix (less slots used).

• @Korakios said:

@brambos said:
    Yes, in short that's the problem.

Hi @brambos , do you ever sleep ?!!

How about making a second midi processor bundle suite ,so new users can start the ‘right’ way?

That sounds like a great way forward. Bram could really reskin and rename the same exact suite with the change thus possibly earning more money and solving the legacy issue at the same time.

• I fail to see why this is such a big deal.

• edited October 2019

@wim said:
    I fail to see why this is such a big deal.

I agree, but we're talking tech and OCD and the CATEGORIZATION OF THINGS, man!

https://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/12km13/unstackable_cups/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

• @omkmusic said:
    Good to see a maintenance update.

As much as I love love love the Rozeta suite, is there any chance that the in built sequencers for Ripplemaker, Troublemaker could be added to their AU instruments ala Ruismaker Noir?

I suppose this is a cosmetic / workflow ask, but it makes sense to have less units when working in AUM (less scrolling and routing) and ApeMatrix (less slots used).

Has come up many times...there’s no chance of this happening

• edited October 2019

@brambos
    Change their definition to MIDI Effect, release as a special edition "OCD Geek" upgrade/add on for a couple dollars, pretty sure any OCDers would pay the upgrade fee, I would out of respect for the way they changed AU.

• @Turntablist said:
    @brambos
    Change their definition to MIDI Effect, release as a special edition "OCD Geek" upgrade/add on for a couple dollars, pretty sure any OCDers would pay the upgrade fee, I would out of respect for the way they changed AU.

💥 🏆 “OCD Geek” 💵🙋🏽‍♂️

• Hi, @brambos, where can I learn how to set up Rozeta in Audiobus?
    I’ve read Audiobus manual, but it didn’t help.

Problem: augenX synth doesn't respond to Rozeta LFO and I can't find why. It just doesn’t appear in MIDI Learn Source list. There are only Virtual MIDI, my iPhone and FunkBox (the app itself is closed, so it seems strange).

Not a lot of info on using Rozeta MIDI CC in Audiobus. Does anyone use it this way?

• edited December 2021

@Liudesis said:
    Hi, @brambos, where can I learn how to set up Rozeta in Audiobus?
    I’ve read Audiobus manual, but it didn’t help.

Problem: augenX synth doesn't respond to Rozeta LFO and I can't find why. It just doesn’t appear in MIDI Learn Source list. There are only Virtual MIDI, my iPhone and FunkBox (the app itself is closed, so it seems strange).

Not a lot of info on using Rozeta MIDI CC in Audiobus. Does anyone use it this way?

You need to load Rozeta LFO in a MIDI lane as MIDI Source. Send the output of that lane to MIDI Learn (under System). Then, configure the parameter you want to adjust, tap on the "Listening for MIDI" and select the source. (This is briefly explained at the very end of the Audiobus description of the MIDI Page, easy to overlook.)

If you're seeing unexpected virtual MIDI ports under iPadOS 15, this is the new normal for some unknown reason. For example, the Streambyter port in my pic; Streambyter is not running.

• OMG! It works! Thank you @uncledave! You’re my Santa :)

• @Liudesis said:
    OMG! It works! Thank you @uncledave! You’re my Santa :)

Ho, ho ho!