Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SunVox v2.0

SunVox 2.0 BETA was released for testing today.

It's desktop only, but the BETA period is usually quite quick. Then it goes into full release which includes ios and android.

Grab the beta here:
https://warmplace.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5963
(I'm linking the forum post as it will have the most up to date download link.)

What is new:

iOS 11+: SunVox Audio Unit (AUv3) can now send MIDI notes and MIDI CC to other AU modules;
iOS 13.4+: full USB/Bluetooth keyboard support (like on desktops);
multiple module selection (see changelog_details.txt) + ability to save several selected modules to a sunvox file;
timeline: supertracks (see changelog_details.txt and simple_examples/supertracks.sunvox);
improved import of old tracker formats (XM and MOD);
new module - FMX: 5-operator Frequency Modulation synth;
new module - FFT frequency transformator;
sound engine optimization;
the name of the current file is now visible in the title bar of the app window;
timeline menu: new option "Vertical mode"; +shortcut
timeline menu: new functions "Load" and "Save" to load/save selected patterns from/to a sunvox file;
timeline menu: new function "Detach" to convert the clones to the normal patterns; +shortcut
module editor menu: new function "Detach" to detach the selected modules from the rest; +shortcut
module editor menu: new function "Make MetaModule" for packing the selected modules into a single MetaModule; +shortcut
now it is possible to delete modules, but keep the links;
pattern properties: X and Y fields - exact coordinates of the pattern on the timeline;
module properties: X and Y fields - exact coordinates of the module;
module visualizer: "Phase Sync" oscilloscope option has been added; activate it to see a single waveform cycle;
module visualizer: new buttons "reset", "apply", "copy", "paste";
ADSR->Sustain: new value "Repeat" (repeat the envelope until the module is stopped);
ADSR->Smooth Transitions: new value "volume change" (the volume will change smoothly, but the envelope start is not smoothed);
Amplifier: new controller "Bipolar DC Offset";
Analog Generator: the "Freq2" controller has been ranamed to "Osc2" (pitch deviation of the additional oscillator);
Analog Generator: new controller "Osc2 volume" - additional oscillator volume;
Analog Generator: new controller "Osc2 mode" - mixing mode of the main and additional oscillators (add;sub;mul;min;max;bitwise AND;bitwise XOR);
Delay: new controller "Feedback" (for sound and events);
Delay: new controller "Delay multiplier";
Delay: max delay length has been increased to 60 sec;
Echo: new controller "Right channel offset" (how much to shift the right channel relative to the left in time);
Echo: new controller "Filter";
Echo: new controller "Filter frequency";
Filter Pro: new modes "stereo + smoothing" and "mono + smoothing" for additional parameter smoothing;
Filter Pro: new types "LP 6dB" and "HP 6dB";
MetaModule->Play patterns: new values "on (repeat, endless)" and "on (no repeat, endless)";
MetaModule: number of user defined controllers has been increased to 96;
MetaModule: controller color can now be changed by adding "@X" to the beginning of the name, where X is the group number from 0 to F; group colors (c_cgp0, c_cgp1, etc.) can be changed in sunvox_config.ini;
MultiSynth: new option "Output port number = round-robin (cyclic)";
Sampler: new option "Increased frequency computation accuracy";
FM, SpectraVoice, Kicker, DrumSynth: clicks removal algorithm has been implemented - it is useful when the volume changes quickly or there are not enough polyphony channels;
FM: the "M.Feedback" controller has been renamed to "M.Self-modulation";
Vocal Filter: new controllers "Random frequency" and "Random seed";
Vocal Filter: new controllers "Vowel1", "Vowel2", "Vowel3", "Vowel4", "Vowel5";
effect 1С will work a little differently if you fill in its parameter as 10YY - this means that the velocity will be reset to 0 after YY ticks; (normal parameter 00YY means Note OFF after YY ticks);
new pattern effects (column EE):

• 1A - fine velocity slide up/down (XX - up speed; YY - down speed); once at the beginning of a line;
  • 33 - slot sync (for sv_sync_resume() in SunVox library);
  • 34 - set (XX) or reset (YY) project options: 1 - no portamento on the first tick; 2 - no velocity slide on the first tick; (for compatibility with old tracker formats);
  • 3B - copy track XX from from the pattern YY; for example, if XXYY = 0023, then the first track will be copied from the pattern named "23";
  • 3D - write a random value to track YY; min value, max value and column must be in track 0, starting from line XX; see example "pat effect 3D random value";
    (columns: 0 - NN; 1 - VV; 2 - MM; 3 - CC; 4 - EE; 5 - XX; 6 - YY; 7 - XXYY);
    corrected Mute/Solo algorithm for modules;
    OpenGL accelerated versions for Windows and Linux;
    new options in sunvox_config.ini: controller group colors c_cgp0, c_cgp1, etc.;
    new options in sunvox_config.ini: module layer colors c_layer0, c_layer1, c_layer2, etc.;
    new options in sunvox_config.ini: c_pbtn, c_pbtn_op, c_pscroll, c_pateditor_level, c_pateditor_cursor, show_sel_btn, show_sbars, edit_mode;
    new curves in curves/MultiSynth/curve3 for different equal temperament systems (for example, ET19 - 19 tones per octave);
    new modules in the instruments/ and effects/ folders;
    new examples (SunVox Compo 2021.02 winners): Logickin - Mech Haven, So_ingMachine - Some of our tracks cant be covered, kiberaver - electric dreams;
    new examples: NightRadio - Afterglow, NightRadio - Winter Is Coming;
    bug fixes;
    and more in the final release...

Comments

• This will be an epic update!

• Oh, great.

Thanks!

• @Samu said:
    This will be an epic update!

Definitely. It's already quite a list and then at the end we are teased with more to come!

I presume being a major point release it'll require re-purchasing, but I'll quite happy with that.

• SunVox, is it that retro-style pre-Drambo thing? :)

• @Identor said:
    SunVox, is it that retro-style pre-Drambo thing? :)

That's actually a pretty fair description.
    You can seriously damage your cerebral cortex by running SunVox inside Drambo, so be careful.

• Or by running SunVox inside SunVox (a la metamodule functionality)!

• Oh man. I always love a good dally in Sunvox every now and then on a Saturday afternoon

• Great, nothing holding back using SunVox in AUM for a timeline now :)

• Now, this is something to warm the cockles. Sunvox as MIDI FX is particularly tempting.

My historic Sunvox sessions have been random nostalgia trips. Get deep in the matrix for a few days, lose myself in the most pleasurable way, only to then exit and not open Sunvox again for the next 3 months.

Maybe this new version won't change that habit but I really like the idea of using Sunvox in a more integrated fashion.

• @wim said:

@Identor said:
    SunVox, is it that retro-style pre-Drambo thing? :)

That's actually a pretty fair description.
    You can seriously damage your cerebral cortex by running SunVox inside Drambo, so be careful.

I think those two apps complement each other, one does a thing the other doesn't and vice versa :sunglasses:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/va7mk7byi6f4x9t/draw.mp4?dl=0

• I just want to host One inside each other... inception-style... Sunvox, Drambo, Mirack, zMors, Jasuto, etc. :lol:

• Omfg, yes! Midi out in AU! Been waiting a year and a half for this!!!!!

• multi-audio out would also be welcomed but maybe that's for another release. :)

• @auxmux said:
    Omfg, yes! Midi out in AU! Been waiting a year and a half for this!!!!!

Meh. 7 years for Loopy Pro.

• @Ailerom said:

@auxmux said:

Lol, I wish there was a TestFlight for this.

• @auxmux said:

@Ailerom said:

@auxmux said:

Me too. I'd never buy it because it looks so intimidating. At least then I could test it out.

• edited December 2021

@Ailerom said:

@auxmux said:

@Ailerom said:

@auxmux said:

Me too. I'd never buy it because it looks so intimidating. At least then I could test it out.

You can get it free on desktop :wink:
    Edit: Nevermind... I'm tired and tripping here :lol:
    Guess you're talking about Loopy Pro, not Sunvox :tongue:

• @senhorlampada said:

@Ailerom said:

@auxmux said:

@Ailerom said:

@auxmux said:

You can get it free on desktop :wink:
    Edit: Nevermind... I'm tired and tripping here :lol:
    Guess you're talking about Loopy Pro, not Sunvox :tongue:

Nope, you were less tripping than thought. I'm talking about Sunvox.

• Actually, reading back it was impossible to know what I was talking about.

• The 2nd beta version is now out.

Which means we're getting closer to the full release for mobile users.

• Just about the only bug I've bumped Into is the Analog Generator and when using 'sub' mode...
    ...some lower notes numbers will not produce any output with detune amount set to 1--3 (all other modes work with small detune amount and 'sub' works on all notes when detune is >6).

These are the kind of things that are already 'known' already so I feel I can't contribute with further testing :sunglasses:

Looking forward to the release and if it's a paid update for iOS I'll gladly pay for it.

• Is there’s any talk of a SunVox AU host future?

• @Cyndilov said:
    Is there’s any talk of a SunVox AU host future?

I very much doubt it. It wouldn't be practical. While SunVox does have iOS and MacOS builds, it's primary focus is to be completely cross platform. Other platforms don't have AU hosting, so that would be a feature only supported on Apple.

• @wim said:

@Cyndilov said:
    Is there’s any talk of a SunVox AU host future?

I very much doubt it. It wouldn't be practical. While SunVox does have iOS and MacOS builds, it's primary focus is to be completely cross platform. Other platforms don't have AU hosting, so that would be a feature only supported on Apple.

Who needs hosting when you have MIDI out from the auv3 😉

• AU MIDI send, and a new synth.

SunVox just got that much more powerful.

• Are there any recent ground-up tutorials for this? The last time I looked, there was a series from about 800 years ago. :D

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    Are there any recent ground-up tutorials for this? The last time I looked, there was a series from about 800 years ago. :D

Those are still valid. The basic concepts are all the same.

• edited December 2021

@wim said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:
    Are there any recent ground-up tutorials for this? The last time I looked, there was a series from about 800 years ago. :D

Those are still valid. The basic concepts are all the same.

-and the dev Mr Zolotov generally drops short clips for each new (bigger) feature added.

https://youtube.com/c/AlexanderZolotov

• And there is an examples folder with examples for each module, and lots of songs you can study.

I've been using it a few years and it's clear I'll never get close to mastering the whole app, but I was up and running making a tune in minutes of first use (with no tracker experience). Every time I dig in I learn a bit more, I find it very rewarding.