Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro | Midi Controller Compatibility / Auto Mapping

Comments

• @Hmtx Didn't realize that there were templates. Thanks. Now to figure out the best controller to use.

• edited December 2021

I love Reinhardt Buhr. A truly gifted multi instrumentalist with an amazing story of recovery and rebirth.

Be sure and check out his amazing Looping videos:

• @espiegel123 said:

@mistercharlie said:
    Akai MPD 218 works. You have to map the pads to donuts, but once you do, they light up when playing, and flash when counting in to a recording.

Also, Novation Launchpad mk3 works great. I bought one to use with LP

Launchpad X works great, too.

Any special setup required?

• @bajistaman said:

@espiegel123 said:

@mistercharlie said:
    Akai MPD 218 works. You have to map the pads to donuts, but once you do, they light up when playing, and flash when counting in to a recording.

Also, Novation Launchpad mk3 works great. I bought one to use with LP

Launchpad X works great, too.

Any special setup required?

No.

• @krassmann : any idea what is different about the project where the session mode doesn't work and the ones where it works?

@TheAudioDabbler : you should probably send him the port names exactly as they appear. They are hard-coded. Each launchpad has different port names and some differences in the midi codes/sysex they use.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @krassmann : any idea what is different about the project where the session mode doesn't work and the ones where it works?

@TheAudioDabbler : you should probably send him the port names exactly as they appear. They are hard-coded. Each launchpad has different port names and some differences in the midi codes/sysex they use.

I wrote Michael asking how to file a proper bug report with attachments. I think he has look into my project. The only difference I know is that the problematic project was heavily modified, widgets rearranged, deleted, new ones added, colors changed, etc. It was my first project where I also did a lot of stupid things.

• @krassmann said:

@espiegel123 said:
    @krassmann : any idea what is different about the project where the session mode doesn't work and the ones where it works?

I wrote Michael asking how to file a proper bug report with attachments. I think he has look into my project. The only difference I know is that the problematic project was heavily modified, widgets rearranged, deleted, new ones added, colors changed, etc. It was my first project where I also did a lot of stupid things.

If you have dropbox or the like, you could zip the project and PM him a link.

• heshes
    edited December 2021

@krassmann @echoopera Thanks, Rico Loop and Reinhardt Buhr really excellent. It's always good to learn from masters of the craft.

• Here’s to hoping my old Remote SL will work! All those knobs and faders, plus a Launchpad pro mk3

• Can anyone tell me how I can program midi channel splits, so that one synth is controlled by 1-8 and another synth is controlled by 9-16? I do splits a lot on my linnstrument and this seems like the one thing missing that is super fluid in AUM that would stop me from making the full switch

• @sclurbs said:
    Can anyone tell me how I can program midi channel splits, so that one synth is controlled by 1-8 and another synth is controlled by 9-16? I do splits a lot on my linnstrument and this seems like the one thing missing that is super fluid in AUM that would stop me from making the full switch

In the mixer, tap on a synth that is the destination for a MIDI input. A panel pops up where you can set a range and a channel to listen to. Currently, LP lets you choose all channels or a single channel -- but that will change. For time being though you can select a particular channel and note range.

• Just got my APC40 MK2. Going to have some fun playing around tonight.

• edited December 2021

@sclurbs said:
    Can anyone tell me how I can program midi channel splits,

At the moment, MIDI destinations (ie your synths) can only be set to receive ALL channels or one specific channel. It seems like there should be a workaround when you add the Linnstrument as a MIDI source in Loopy Pro, but I’m not familiar with how that would be done. It could potentially work to add the Linnstrument 16 times in Loopy, and route 8 instances to each synth.

• @Hmtx said:

@sclurbs said:
    Can anyone tell me how I can program midi channel splits,

At the moment, MIDI destinations (ie your synths) can only be set to receive ALL channels or one specific channel. It seems like there should be a workaround when you add the Linnstrument as a MIDI source in Loopy Pro, but I’m not familiar with how that would be done. It could potentially work to add the Linnstrument 16 times in Loopy, and route 8 instances to each synth.

One could use a StreamByter or Mozaic script in between the midi source to do the filtering for now, too.

• @krassmann very cool ! that guy has some serious rhythm innit :+1: :+1: :+1:

also my wife liked it very much :)

• @eye4aneye said:
    As a feature request would be great to use a separate iOS device as a Bluetooth controller similar to Logic remote

No feature request needed. You can already do this.

To use Loopy Pro on one device to control Loopy Pro on another device you currently need to do a bit of a workaround to get the remote device to advertise itself as a peripheral. Loopy doesn’t have the advertising part built-in. So, you need to first establish the connection with something like Audiobus or AUM that can do the advertising. Hopefully that’ll smooth out pretty soon.

• @tahiche said:
    LaunchKey Mini MK3 doesn’t seem to work yet.

The only thing on iPad I can get mine to work (sort of) properly with is LK…
    On my M1 Macs and Logic it has been disappointing, but apparently they have a new script but haven’t tried it yet…

• It should be mentioned that even if a device doesn't have native Loopy mappings, Loopy Pro has an easy to use MIDI Learn system.

• edited December 2021

@DeadPhish said:
    Just got my APC40 MK2. Going to have some fun playing around tonight.

It’s very tempting to get one of those to use with LP. Do please report back on what you think of the combo.

• @espiegel123 said:
    It should be mentioned that even if a device doesn't have native Loopy mappings, Loopy Pro has an easy to use MIDI Learn system.

The MPK’s and the PUSH are still packed away, but I have been working on a template to put my nanoKONTROL 2 into use. Is there anything I can do on my end to get the lights to work like they do in Cubasis or Gadget? Thank you!

• @Sawiton said:

@espiegel123 said:
    It should be mentioned that even if a device doesn't have native Loopy mappings, Loopy Pro has an easy to use MIDI Learn system.

The MPK’s and the PUSH are still packed away, but I have been working on a template to put my nanoKONTROL 2 into use. Is there anything I can do on my end to get the lights to work like they do in Cubasis or Gadget? Thank you!

You’d probably need to use Mozaic as a go-between and write a script to handle it.

• The APC works great. Most of everything is mapped as soon as you plug it in. I only played around with it for a little bit last night. I had a couple of questions about using the banks on the APC like how to scroll up and down and left and right on your loops and if it is possible to change banks on the 8 device control knobs on the right hand side. I asked the question in the Loopy Pro facebook group last night and Micheal replied to with in minutes. He let me know that those functions are coming soon. It’s great as it is. But once Banks are available that could change 8 knobs into 80!

• I have tried a few midi controllers (launchpad mk2, Launchpad Pro 1, APC mini). I dont know how to get them to automap. I can manually map.

• Anytime anyone talks about excellent live-looping performers, I am morally obligated to post this video. Enjoy.

• @krassmann said:
    @dendy @hes I know it’s a bit off topic but since we were posting some great loop artists here in this thread it’s a chance to mention a really cool musician who is from my city Berlin called Rico Loop. I saw him first time about 16 years ago. It’s truly inspiring to see some good loopers at a time when we are trying to come to terms with this shiny new app.

very cool, also my wife liked that clip very much :-)

• edited January 2022

Does Loopy Pro auto map to launchpad Pro MK1?
    I can’t get it to work like I see the newer LP’s do.
    If not how is the mini mk3 and Loopy Pro? Does everyone using that combo love it?
    On the verge of getting a newer mini, hesitating for fear of an mk4!
    Should I just pull the trigger.
    Tempt me please…..
    Edit(I realized it wasn’t recognized over hub connected thru Bome box, but direct connection was recognized, YAY!)
    So any benefits of newer LP’s vs original LP pro for loopy pro?
    Thanks for your feedback!

• @tput73 said:
    Does Loopy Pro auto map to launchpad Pro MK1?
    I can’t get it to work like I see the newer LP’s do.
    If not how is the mini mk3 and Loopy Pro? Does everyone using that combo love it?
    On the verge of getting a newer mini, hesitating for fear of an mk4!
    Should I just pull the trigger.
    Tempt me please…..
    Edit(I realized it wasn’t recognized over hub connected thru Bome box, but direct connection was recognized, YAY!)
    So any benefits of newer LP’s vs original LP pro for loopy pro?
    Thanks for your feedback!

I cant get any of my midi controllers to automap (launchpad pro mk2, launchpad mk2, apc mini)

• Thanks for starting this thread. After watching the awesome Dub FX video, I was going to buy an Akai APC Key 25 since I wanted a mini keyboard and assumed that it would have an easy set up with Loopy Pro like the Akain AKII did, but it seems like that may not be the case.

If there ever is a list of "supported" devices from @Michael I would be extremely interested in that as having whatever I buy work with Loopy Pro is one of my main requirements.

• @StateOfTate said:
    Thanks for starting this thread. After watching the awesome Dub FX video, I was going to buy an Akai APC Key 25 since I wanted a mini keyboard and assumed that it would have an easy set up with Loopy Pro like the Akain AKII did, but it seems like that may not be the case.

If there ever is a list of "supported" devices from @Michael I would be extremely interested in that as having whatever I buy work with Loopy Pro is one of my main requirements.

See: https://wiki.audiob.us/doku.php?id=loopy_pro

there may be some other launchpad variants that work but haven't been tested

• I can confirm launchpad mini mk3 automaps (session view) : tested with ipad air 4 - cck didnt try on ipad pro m1 but it should work !