Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro is here!

Comments

• edited December 2021

Ok this is a really fun video game. I try to build tracks up as quickly and precisely as possible and get new high scores.

No that’s not negative at all, I’m starting to love it. The video game was just my day one adventure.

• @vasilymilovidov said:

@espiegel123 said:
    @vasilymilovidov wrote:

are there any plans to improve triggering one-shots and slicer pads with midi? right now those objects don’t seems to keep connections with midi sequencers after you restart Loopy Pro.

If there is a problem , could you post some more specifics. The mappings should be preserved between restarts. If you provide details, I am sure Michael will address it.

well, say I want to trigger slices using atom 2 or polybeat or an instance of drambo. if I route them to Virtual MIDI Out slicer doesn't even register any data so it won't map anything. when I put a third-party MIDI-bus between them slicer starts to receive midi data and I can map all the pads to different notes. when I restart Loopy slicer pads still say they are mapped to correct notes, but they don't receive data.

Currently, there is a bug that will be fixed very soon resulting in midi AU, sequencers not working right.

• @FPC said:

@mikewb said:
    The other reason I love this model is that there is (as there should be) an incentive to the developer to keep updating and providing new features to the app. I am so excited to see what else Michael has planned for this wonderful app and that he is compensated very well for it.

Yep I think we can all agree that we've been lucky to have a party in iOS land with brilliant, cheap software. 'We' then moan about lack of/slow updates whilst simultaneously becoming obsessed with buying more and more at sale prices. I'm as guilty as anyone: 63 synths, every reverb etc.
    I would be happy for future updates to Cubasis (for example) to IAPs. Especially if it meant speedier updates.

Anyway Loopy Pro: looking forward to my personal tuition from my friend, neighbour and beta tester @gregsmith 😘

You’re gonna love it 😂

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@headmademusic said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Am sufficiently confused to know this is A Good Thing. Is there a tut anywhere that takes us through simple steps, like, say, how to load an AU3 instrment to play on a loop/track etc?

Check out the first post. People this is a forum where you should read to get informations. o_O

My apologies. I'm quite new here. Will try to do better.

He’s new, I can testify to that 🤭😑🤣

• Been a lurker on this forum for a long while.... Finally made an account just to say thank you to @Michael :) -- Loopy Pro definitely worth the wait! Very flexible, good Launchpad integration, so far stable with my AU inputs!

I'm still getting to know it but have a question for all: is there a way to automatically turn off monitoring once a loop (of specified length) has been recorded?

• @def_monk said:
    Been a lurker on this forum for a long while.... Finally made an account just to say thank you to @Michael :) -- Loopy Pro definitely worth the wait! Very flexible, good Launchpad integration, so far stable with my AU inputs!

I'm still getting to know it but have a question for all: is there a way to automatically turn off monitoring once a loop (of specified length) has been recorded?

I’ve not done it myself, but you can mute a mixer strip with a follow action apparently.

• edited December 2021

@def_monk said:

To disable audio input after recording:

Put a follow action on the donut you are recording:
    ‘Finish Recording’->’Mute/Unmute Audio Source’->Target: the audio source
    Action: Mute.

• edited December 2021

This app is amazing! Here is my quick first run with it - a little turntablism jam. I don't use any fancy features here (yet) so don't consider this any kind of demo. I feel like this is going to be my main tool for my little jams. Thank you @Michael

• Hey Audiobus Forum, long time listener, first time caller. Wanted to give a big thank you to @Michael for this amazing software, it’s truly mind blowing!

This question is to anyone in the know, is there a PatchStorage.com page coming soon or is there someplace where Loopy Pro templates are being shared currently?

I’ll take the answers off air, thanks again!
    Peace

• @JohnInBoston said:
    Started reading this thread before I actually had all my hardware sitting in front of me and now I'm puzzled (may have missed it...). I want to assign a hardware input to a donut. Or 4 hardware inputs to 4 donuts. I see in the mixer page the lower right hand corner "+" button to "Add Hardware Input", which gives me another mixer channel, but not another donut. How do I plum multiple inputs to multiple existing loops so I can record them?

@GRiker said:

@def_monk said:

To disable audio input after recording:

Put a follow action on the donut you are recording:
    ‘Finish Recording’->’Mute/Unmute Audio Source’->Target: the audio source
    Action: Mute.

And if you're like me and you forget to re-enable the audio source when you want to record a new loop, you can also put an Action: Un Mute for Start Recording as well.

• @3sleeves said:
    Hey Audiobus Forum, long time listener, first time caller. Wanted to give a big thank you to @Michael for this amazing software, it’s truly mind blowing!

This question is to anyone in the know, is there a PatchStorage.com page coming soon or is there someplace where Loopy Pro templates are being shared currently?

Peace

I think all it takes is someone asking the patchstorage folks to create a Loopy Pro section.

• @quartzite said:

@3sleeves said:
    Hey Audiobus Forum, long time listener, first time caller. Wanted to give a big thank you to @Michael for this amazing software, it’s truly mind blowing!

Peace

I think all it takes is someone asking the patchstorage folks to create a Loopy Pro section.

Michael wasn't really into the idea of hosting on patch storage. I think he would prefer to to host something himself.

• Is there any need for Loopy and Loopy HD left?
    I suppose, I just could delete them... or?

Need to think about Launchpad and Remixlive Apps too, and some others in my "Looper" folder.

• wimwim
    edited December 2021

@oat_phipps said:
    Ok this is a really fun video game. I try to build tracks up as quickly and precisely as possible and get new high scores.

No that’s not negative at all, I’m starting to love it. The video game was just my day one adventure.

My live playing has improved about 500% since I joined the beta. I'm almost at the point that I actually prefer toughing it out getting good audio loops than keeping a bunch of MIDI around to tweak forever.

• tjatja
    edited December 2021

@tja said:
    Is there any need for Loopy and Loopy HD left?

Need to think about Launchpad and Remixlive Apps too, and some others in my "Looper" folder.

Looperverse?
    Enzo?
    RE-1?

Do you still use them after Loopy Pro?

• Add me to the list of people who really aren’t loopers yet I will be using Loopy Pro quite extensively. The ability to easily record loops using several different methods from mic, hardware, and AU instruments plus being able to put them through FX is excellent. If all else fails, I can always edit the loops too.

Being able to sequence by playing the loops and recording the performance or manually entering them in the sequencer is great. I like all of the options for buses and sends plus room for master FX too.

Even IAA apps can be fodder for loops if I use Loopy Pro in an AU host that supports IAA.

All of my loops I’ve made over the years but never quite found a home for will find new life. The ability to drag and drop audio files from Sample Crate is very nice way to do this.

I look forward to seeing the various workflows people come up with for Loopy Pro. It’s a deep app with many pathways that can be overwhelming if you try to learn it all at once. There are a lot of user videos I’ll be checking out over the course of the next couple of months.

I look forward to how Michael and the Loopy Pro community collaborate to come up with new features and abilities over the years. Very glad there’s a way to support this on going development. I’m confident Michael will be diligent about fixing any bugs that arise.

• This app is truly a game changer. Purchased Day one. No brainer. There’s something I’m unable to find though:

After I’ve recorded an arrangement into the sequencer, I would like to render out the sequencer into an audio file, either as a single stereo render or having one render for each mixer channel (stems) for mixing in an external DAW. I can’t seem to find this option; am I missing something?

If this feature is not there, is there any way to render out the audio?

• edited December 2021

@tathakadipuram said:
    This app is truly a game changer. Purchased Day one. No brainer. There’s something I’m unable to find though:

After I’ve recorded an arrangement into the sequencer, I would like to render out the sequencer into an audio file, either as a single stereo render or having one render for each mixer channel (stems) for mixing in an external DAW. I can’t seem to find this option; am I missing something?

Touch the REC button in the upper right, make sure Record Audio is enabled, then touch Start Recording. Once you start the transport, the sequence mix will be recorded.

• @tja said:

@tja said:

Looperverse?
    Enzo?
    RE-1?

I’m certainly not deleting Enso - the sector functionality is still unique to that app, and LP doesn’t yet have some basic functionality that I consider essential for serious use (reverse, half-speed, feedback).

• @GRiker said:

@tathakadipuram said:
    This app is truly a game changer. Purchased Day one. No brainer. There’s something I’m unable to find though:

Touch the REC button in the upper right, make sure Record Audio is enabled, then touch Start Recording. Once you start the transport, the sequence mix will be recorded.

Is discrete stem rendering available (rather than a full mix render)?

• @celtic_elk said:

@tja said:

@tja said:

Looperverse?
    Enzo?
    RE-1?

I’m certainly not deleting Enso - the sector functionality is still unique to that app, and LP doesn’t yet have some basic functionality that I consider essential for serious use (reverse, half-speed, feedback).

Thanks for the advice!
    I will then also hold Enso.

I never was a Loop user and don't know about such details.
    But Loopy Pro fits me very well and triggers me to get more experience in this.

• @GRiker said:

Got it, thank you so much! I just saw that it can even record out each channel; this is brilliant!

• Here’s my first crack at using Loopy Pro.

For what it’s worth, I wasn’t on the beta, and I’d never tried using the OG Loopy HD either, so this is my very first encounter, and very first time using these “Loopy Donuts” lol

Quite fun!

• Does standalone LP support audio interfaces?

• @tja said:

I personally don’t see> @Littlewoodg said:

@GRiker said:

@tathakadipuram said:

Is discrete stem rendering available (rather than a full mix render)?

Yes

• @auxmux said:
    Does standalone LP support audio interfaces?

Yes

• Is there anyway to ‘edit’ the slicer? Moving start points, etc?

• @Paulinko said:
    Add me to the list of people who really aren’t loopers yet I will be using Loopy Pro quite extensively. The ability to easily record loops using several different methods from mic, hardware, and AU instruments plus being able to put them through FX is excellent. If all else fails, I can always edit the loops too.

Being able to sequence by playing the loops and recording the performance or manually entering them in the sequencer is great. I like all of the options for buses and sends plus room for master FX too.

Even IAA apps can be fodder for loops if I use Loopy Pro in an AU host that supports IAA.

All of my loops I’ve made over the years but never quite found a home for will find new life. The ability to drag and drop audio files from Sample Crate is very nice way to do this.

I look forward to seeing the various workflows people come up with for Loopy Pro. It’s a deep app with many pathways that can be overwhelming if you try to learn it all at once. There are a lot of user videos I’ll be checking out over the course of the next couple of months.

I look forward to how Michael and the Loopy Pro community collaborate to come up with new features and abilities over the years. Very glad there’s a way to support this on going development. I’m confident Michael will be diligent about fixing any bugs that arise.

Good post this.

• @oat_phipps said:

Very good analogy, and absolutely right :) The fun part of doing these things is they lead to things being done, which is far more than half the battle...

• @audiobusdriver said:
    This app is amazing! Here is my quick first run with it - a little turntablism jam. I don't use any fancy features here (yet) so don't consider this any kind of demo. I feel like this is going to be my main tool for my little jams. Thank you @Michael

Like that a lot, great grove