Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro is here!

Comments

• edited December 2021

Does Loopy Pro:
    1. Store presets for AUv3s that can be switched via midi messages?
    2. Allow you to keep a loop going while switching projects?

I need one of these to work to allow seamless transitions between songs, which is a major reason for why I use AUM.

• Big congrats on the launch today! Loopy Pro is a massive leap forward for iOS based music production. Can’t wait to watch the all the creative ways this insanely flexible software will be used. It’s hard to imagine a better way to kick off a new year of music making. Thank you @Michael

• So excited to give it a try 😍

• Woke up, read the email, Downloaded.... HAD TO GO TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to immerse into it tonight. Congrats on the release @Michael

• Awww yeeeeah, Loop Doggy Dogg Pro is the shizzle fo nizzle!
    It’s a loop eat loop world out there

Congrats Big Michael

• I would be tempted to try this one, as I’m still contemplating which looper to buy.

However, subscription software is a no-go for me. I know, lots of people on here don’t seem to care, and fair enough. Just thought I would let the creator(s) know that at least one potential buyer has been put off by that one thing.

Not trying to cause any trouble, or disrupt anything. If it works out well, and more than enough people subscribe? Awesome. More power to you.

Either way, happy holidays if you have them. <3

• FPCFPC
    edited December 2021

@emjay said:
    I would be tempted to try this one, as I’m still contemplating which looper to buy.

However, subscription software is a no-go for me. I know, lots of people on here don’t seem to care, and fair enough. Just thought I would let the creator(s) know that at least one potential buyer has been put off by that one thing.

Not trying to cause any trouble, or disrupt anything. If it works out well, and more than enough people subscribe? Awesome. More power to you.

It's not subscription. Pay once and get all current functionality forever with big fixes/os update fixes. Pay some more next year for some more features if you want. Sounds fair to me.

Personally kinda wish more iOS music apps were like this to encourage me to actually learn how to use them...

Edit: wonder if the price will rise next year for the app itself once the new features are added? Again, fair enough of it does.

• Am sufficiently confused to know this is A Good Thing. Is there a tut anywhere that takes us through simple steps, like, say, how to load an AU3 instrment to play on a loop/track etc?

• @emjay said:
    I would be tempted to try this one, as I’m still contemplating which looper to buy.

I’ve used many different loopers: Chase Bliss Audio’s mood and blooper, enso, gauss, etc but this is so much more. It is basically a modular looping studio that you can go as deep as you want for only freaking $30 - Worth 10 times that IMO. It really is not subscription based. It really takes a desktop approach. What you get now for $30 is yours to keep as long as you want with probably a bunch of updates over the next year. Michael seems to program at the speed of light. If a year from now you keep wanting to get the newest and latest features then you have to pay an upgrade fee. If you don’t want to pay that upgrade fee you still get to keep the version your on. After beta testing this is the biggest no-brainer ever. Bought and purchased immediately.

• edited December 2021

@emjay said:

It isn’t a subscription. You get the software you purchase forever. After a year, you can decide if you want additional new features. You can still use the features you bought if you don’t upgrade.

It is basically the standard desktop model. It ensures developers are compensated for adding major functionality for years…as opposed to iOS business as usual that causes developers to choose between adding features without being paid or stopping development.

• The other reason I love this model is that there is (as there should be) an incentive to the developer to keep updating and providing new features to the app. I am so excited to see what else Michael has planned for this wonderful app and that he is compensated very well for it.

• edited December 2021

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Am sufficiently confused to know this is A Good Thing. Is there a tut anywhere that takes us through simple steps, like, say, how to load an AU3 instrment to play on a loop/track etc?

From the Mixer view, touch the + button in the lower right corner. Add an AU. Touch the keyboard icon in the title bar. Touch a loop to record into.

The first thing I do when recording AUs is delete the microphone hardware audio channel.

• edited December 2021

Crashy crash crash so far. As soon as I hit multiply. And no reverse yet? That is pretty disappointing. Otherwise first impressions are that this app is very deep.

• As the original, It's a really great touch-focused app and can be useful in lots of ways, I've only just scratched the surface using it as an AUv3 and look forward to exploring different uses of it as time goes on. :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Am sufficiently confused to know this is A Good Thing. Is there a tut anywhere that takes us through simple steps, like, say, how to load an AU3 instrment to play on a loop/track etc?

The Sound Test Room did a video about this:

• @GRiker said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

From the Mixer view, touch the + button in the lower right corner. Add an AU. Touch the keyboard icon in the title bar. Touch a loop to record into.

Thank you!

• @Harro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Thanks much! Will go off and hang out with Doug before I ask any more nOOb questions :)

• FPCFPC
    edited December 2021

@mikewb said:
    The other reason I love this model is that there is (as there should be) an incentive to the developer to keep updating and providing new features to the app. I am so excited to see what else Michael has planned for this wonderful app and that he is compensated very well for it.

Yep I think we can all agree that we've been lucky to have a party in iOS land with brilliant, cheap software. 'We' then moan about lack of/slow updates whilst simultaneously becoming obsessed with buying more and more at sale prices. I'm as guilty as anyone: 63 synths, every reverb etc.
    I would be happy for future updates to Cubasis (for example) to IAPs. Especially if it meant speedier updates.

Anyway Loopy Pro: looking forward to my personal tuition from my friend, neighbour and beta tester @gregsmith 😘

• Really hoping multi-au instances are the part of the next features. That’s the only thing really keeping this from being integrated with my setup and replacing AUM for more complex performances

• I bought it, it's really brilliant.

Which features must I think of after one year? Does this say that the version releaesed today is what it is and the coming year we will see only bug fixes?

• WOW on the fader UI and control. Dragging to the right makes the fader proxy larger for finer control.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Harro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Thanks much! Will go off and hang out with Doug before I ask any more nOOb questions :)

Do check out this video as well, very concise overview:

• @Crabman said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Well what have we here. Instant upgrade to pro, don’t mind the “subscription” idea at all when it’s an annual lump sum. Now to RTFM. Really excited about hopefully having a new way of working on the Pad.

I would even avoid the word“subscription“cause it clearly is not.You can keep it „forever“ (whatever that means in ios land though 😉) when you buy the app now.And get new features for one year.Only If you want new features after that one year,you need to pay extra.But not for bug fixes.Actually,i have the impression that this is the model most of us would like to have (in our favorite apps) to encourage the devs to keep an app alive and growing.

I‘m usually not into looping territory but since it can be much more (and looks gorgeous) ,i‘ll definitely give it a try (also,nice move with a 7 days trial 👍)

congrats for the release and happy deserved holidays ✌️😁 @Michael

Actually this is closer to a Subscription than what most are misusing the term for. Once again not unlike a magazine subscription where you pay upfront for a years worth say 12 issues. You keep what you paid for. The following year if you want the new magazines you re-subscribe for the year. Then you keep those Etc. This is a model I can appreciate, you buy the initial app- it’s yours. You are paying the dev for their hard work and creativity. When the dev releases new features that they worked hard and long to produce you buy them if you want them, compensating the dev fairly. You are not renting a license that you loose if you do not pay up. I don’t mind that model if you are a business renting a license for software or equipment and you are making a profit from it.- but for the home consumer I see it more as extortion and slimy marketing to grab cash.

I vote with my wallet and although I do not use loops, I will buy this app to support this model.

I will never lease a monthly or yearly license for an app that I will lose everything if I do not pay their extortion fees.

If we all do this then devs will be fairly compensated.

apps based on greed will either change their model or go out of business

• @Pierre118 said:
    I bought it, it's really brilliant.

Which features must I think of after one year? Does this say that the version releaesed today is what it is and the coming year we will see only bug fixes?

Knowing Michael, there will be so many new features by this time next year! All included in the year covered by your first payment for the app.

• @Pierre118 said:
    I bought it, it's really brilliant.

No! It doesn’t imply there won’t be new features this year. Michael has ambitious plans.

Up-thread there is a link to a list of things coming very soon and I suspect there will be plenty of development over the course bog the year.

The depth LP is astonishing. lots of details behind the scenes that work so well you won’t know they are there till you realize other hosts don’t do them…like free up the CPU used by muted synths. Or idling effects (to free up CPU) when no signal bus passing through them.

• Christmas surprise! Instabuy!

• hell yah, excited to dig in. congrats on the release @Michael

• edited December 2021

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

From the mixer page, in the bottom right corner there’s a plus sign to add interface input/auv3 instruments. Then you route it to a loop color or multiples or however you wanna do it.

This took me the longest to figure out as well. I even watched that 20 minute tutorial and it didn’t cover it. Took the guided tour as well. If the app guide covered it then I need to learn to digest larger amounts of information, cause it passed me by.

• Saw this just as I was about to watch Doug’s video. Woo hoo!

• i feel like people are confused by the pricing. but to me it’s just like any desktop DAW. You buy it now, and then if you want the latest and greatest features the next year ; you pay to upgrade or you don’t . And continue using it as you always have.

And this is A DAW, probably suited to more music production than any other DAW on IOS.
    It’s deep, but at the same time very fast.!