Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro is here!

Comments

• Well what have we here. Instant upgrade to pro, don’t mind the “subscription” idea at all when it’s an annual lump sum. Now to RTFM. Really excited about hopefully having a new way of working on the Pad.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Well what have we here. Instant upgrade to pro, don’t mind the “subscription” idea at all when it’s an annual lump sum. Now to RTFM. Really excited about hopefully having a new way of working on the Pad.

❤️

• Is there a manual? :)

• @Michael said:
    Please be kind, ABF, you guys are terrifying 😆😰

Just started the trial. In truth I have no idea what to use a looper for. I don't play an instrument and I'm still pretty much a noob to all of this music making stuff.

That said, I want to congratulate you on the launch of Loopy Pro. Apps sell because they are good. They transition to wild success due to a number of factors, most aren't fully within anyone's control. I wish you wild success with this, Michael. If anyone deserves it in this community then you're surely amongst their ranks.

• edited December 2021

@0tolerance4silence said:
    Is there a manual? :)

There's a tour, and the manual's on its way! Some great tutorials out there already, and more coming, though.

Thanks @ashh!

• @Michael Alright. Maybe this is the answer to all my problems. I have been using mostly hardware to compose lately, and I want to be able to also do live arrangements. The problem is pattern changing, program changing, and odd time signatures can all get in the way of fluid takes and multitracking. My idea is, instead, to record each part as a loop. Originally, I was going to load those all into Ableton session view and live arrange. Problem with that is that tails get cut off when you launch a loop in another scene.

So here's what I want to know about LP:

1. Can you any loop anywhere be played overtop of another? I like that session view stops the previous loop from retriggering, but I don't like that it cuts off the tail of a loop without letting it naturally finish. Can it also play the same loop over itself? If I have a 4 bar synth line, but it has a 1 bar fade out tail, I want the tail to play over the loop.

2. Can you do the live arrangement and have it record? I'd imagine loading all the loops into LP and recording the arrangement live while launching clips via a Launchpad Pro MK3. I assume the Launchpad integration is similar to the looping for LK/Atom/Ableton?

3. Can you export multitrack files for further mixing elsewhere?

4. How does it handle odd time signatures?

5. Can it both send and receive MIDI/transport sync?

6. How do tempo changes work in a track? Could you theoretically host an entire set of stems or loops of multiple tempos that is changed over time?

7. Does it recognize multi-out AU and multi-IO interfaces?

This thing looks nuts, from what I'm seeing so far. Congrats on the release!

• edited December 2021

@ashh said:

@Michael said:
    Please be kind, ABF, you guys are terrifying 😆😰

Just started the trial. In truth I have no idea what to use a looper for. I don't play an instrument and I'm still pretty much a noob to all of this music making stuff.

That said, I want to congratulate you on the launch of Loopy Pro. Apps sell because they are good. They transition to wild success due to a number of factors, most aren't fully within anyone's control. I wish you wild success with this, Michael. If anyone deserves it in this community then you're surely amongst their ranks.

Well, for starters you can record loops using your voice with the iPad's internal mic (headphones in!), or any AUv3 instrument. Or just find some household objects to record a fun drum beat with! You can then effect these loops using any AUv3 FX app.

Take a look at JP's tutorial (linked in the first post), which describes the workflow brilliantly.

• edited December 2021

Brief question - bought at £25.99 without regret or hesitation, so mentioning this in case of confusion.

App Store shows an “upgrade” price of £16.99 in the IAP section. As a Loopy HD owner, shouldn’t I have seen the £16.99? Loopy HD installed &c.

Not complaining in the slightest; £25.99 is an entirely reasonable cost for the app. Not even sure yet how much use I will get in the short term, as my love affair with making music on my M1 Max MBP is still raging, but I will always support reasonable and approachable devs. Especially ones who don’t harvest my data.

Ah fantastic! It works on the Mac too!

• @Michael said:

@headmademusic said:
    @Michael Congrats to the beautiful app.
    I‘m on iOS13 and have the Beta, why its now the released app for iOS 14.

Thanks

It's just temporary! It was crashing on iOS 13, and I hadn't figured out why in time. I'll sort it out in the next weeks.

Thanks a lot for the fast response and your nice work you do for all of us. :)

• Noone write it until now. Its a brilliant game changer.

• @dpeace said:
    Brief question - bought at £25.99 without regret or hesitation, so mentioning this in case of confusion.

App Store shows an “upgrade” price of £16.99 in the IAP section. As a Loopy HD owner, shouldn’t I have seen the £16.99? Loopy HD installed &c.

Not complaining in the slightest; £25.99 is an entirely reasonable cost for the app. Not even sure yet how much use I will get in the short term, as my love affair with making music on my M1 Max MBP is still raging, but I will always support reasonable and approachable devs. Especially ones who don’t harvest my data.

I think the upgrade is for next year, when the next version comes out.

• Too bad Atom 2 didn't go this (or similar) way pricewise as we might have seen that automation update been developed already.
    Anyways - congrats upon releasing new Loopy! Really great app!

• @Jocphone said:

@dpeace said:

I think the upgrade is for next year, when the next version comes out.

That entirely makes sense! Thanks.

• @dpeace said:

It’s a completely new app with no link to Loopy HD, and therefore there is no update path from Loopy HD.

• @Michael said:
    It's just temporary! It was crashing on iOS 13, and I hadn't figured out why in time. I'll sort it out in the next weeks.

When I asked earlier this year, the plan was to make it available for iOS 12 too. (That's an iPad Air 1, among other things.) Has that changed?

• @slicetwo said:
    1. Can you any loop anywhere be played overtop of another? I like that session view stops the previous loop from retriggering, but I don't like that it cuts off the tail of a loop without letting it naturally finish. Can it also play the same loop over itself? If I have a 4 bar synth line, but it has a 1 bar fade out tail, I want the tail to play over the loop.

There’s a setting for recording the tail of a loop, which I believe will then also make playback do what you want.

• Congrats on the release @Michael! Downloading now and looking forward to diving in.

• That is essentially the same concept as for Working Copy, and it is simply perfect!
    And it is NOT a subscription, which is important.

Well done, @Michael !

The fastest 29,99 Euro I ever spend on an App!
    And I am NOT a loop-user at all :smiley: :D

• @dokwok2 said:

@Michael said:

When I asked earlier this year, the plan was to make it available for iOS 12 too. (That's an iPad Air 1, among other things.) Has that changed?

App Store lists i*OS 14.0 and later

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

@dpeace said:

It’s a completely new app with no link to Loopy HD, and therefore there is no update path from Loopy HD.

Thanks Michael, and congratulations.

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

@slicetwo said:

There’s a setting for recording the tail of a loop, which I believe will then also make playback do what you want.

Awesome. I'll need to try out the trial when I have time to devote next week! Does the trial start from when I open the app or from when I download it?

• edited December 2021

Well done @Michael for your endless effort and congratulations on the birth. All software releases are inductions, but the children are none the less loved for that and -in this case- will have a very large and enthusiastic extended family :) Enjoy Christmas with your own...

• @slicetwo said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

@slicetwo said:
    Does the trial start from when I open the app or from when I download it?

The app operates in a sort of read-only/ tutorial mode until you initialize the start of the free trial (or purchase it outright) via the hamburger menu.

• Truly a mind blowing development. It’s so vast I really don’t know what to say, except thank you @Michael and I will enjoy wrapping my mind around making music this way. What a great day.

• This looks great on my iPhone SE 1st gen! Well done! Is export to Ableton Live a feature? Future feature? Thank you!

• @dokwok2 said:

@Michael said:

Curious on that too... :blush:

• Ok cool.
    Thanks @Stuntman_mike @Michael @0tolerance4silence for your answers. Looking forward to exploring it. Although I still have no idea what it is :)

• @dokwok2 said:

@Michael said:

I don’t think so. Michael ran into an iOS 13-specific bug that he needed some time to track down and correct, so he set the compatibility to 14+ for the launch rather than delay it further. I would expect older devices to be supported shortly.

• This is the pricing model every app needs. Keep what you pay for. Pay devs for their work to add new features.

Congrats Michael.

• Hats off, Michael. Can’t wait to play with this one.