Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wotja 22 - Generative Music App & Plug-in Host (Free, Pro; AUv3 / VST3)

Comments

• @craftycurate said:
    My thoughts exactly :# Could there ever be an IAP for those who want to upgrade from Free to "Pro, mobile only"? Users like myself who want Pro, but aren't MacOS users, can go this route, and those who want the "one price for both platforms" benefit can buy Wotja Pro?

There is! We have separate "Mobile Devices" and "All Devices" Pro In-App subscriptions!

We try to think of everything :smile:

Pete

• @Pierre118 said:
    @impete I used this afternoon to read some more about Wotja 22 and how you came to the pricing. TL;DR.....I just pre-ordered it. For a team of just 2 persons you made a fantastic job, so see my pre-order also as support. Wish you both all the best!

Hi Pierre, that is very kind of you. I think a lot of people are surprised when they find out there only two of us! I write all the software, and Tim does everything else (with a lot of kind support from our friends, you know who you all are!)

Best wishes, Pete

• @ervin said:

Just to say that is one of the nicest posts anybody has ever written about what Tim and I have done with Wotja - it is truly appreciated.

Best wishes, Pete

• edited December 2021

@ashh said:

So, to recap ... because there isn't a price specifically just for mobile, you feel like you are paying too much?

Really?

Completely wrong. "Recapping" means to give an accurate summary of what was said. This hasn't happened here.

There is a mobile-only Pro subscription, but not a mobile-only permanent Pro license. THAT is what I was asking about.

So I won't be responding to any more posts from you until you read what I actually wrote, and respond in a meaningful fashion to that. Thanks for understanding :)

• edited December 2021

@impete said:
    There is! We have separate "Mobile Devices" and "All Devices" Pro In-App subscriptions!

We try to think of everything :smile:

Pete

Sorry I wasn't clear in my previous post - I was asking about the possibility of a "mobile only" permanent Pro license (one-off purchase), in a similar vein to the "mobile-only" subscription license.

That's all I was inquiring about :)

• @craftycurate said:

Ah - my mistake! Well, at least we've given you a few options to choose from! ;)

Best wishes, Pete

• @impete said:

@craftycurate said:

Ah - my mistake! Well, at least we've given you a few options to choose from! ;)

Best wishes, Pete

No worries ... I guess that means that a mobile only permanent Pro license isn't on the cards? Just gathering info to help make the best purchasing decision :)

• edited December 2021

@impete Is it correct to assume that we'll have to wait until Jan 1st to use Wotja22?

Any loopholes on early access :smiley:

• @craftycurate said:
    No worries ... I guess that means that a mobile only permanent Pro license isn't on the cards? Just gathering info to help make the best purchasing decision :)

Sorry, no - but I can't fault you for asking! :wink:

Pete

• edited December 2021

@echoopera said:
    @impete Is it correct to assume that we'll have to wait until Jan 1st to use Wotja22?

Haha! Nice try :smiley: Just gonna have to wait...

Of course, if you are a macOS AUv2 developer who wanted to verify your AUv2 plug-in was properly signed and 'sandboxSafe', and runs OK in Wotja 22, then do get in touch via the contact form on our website!

Pete

• edited December 2021

@impete said:

@echoopera said:

Haha! Nice try :smiley: Just gonna have to wait...

Of course, if you are a macOS AUv2 developer who wanted to verify your AUv2 plug-in was properly signed and 'sandboxSafe', and runs OK in Wotja 22, then do get in touch via the contact form on our website!

Pete

Never hurts to ask :wink: Just gonna have to wait like everyone else I guess :blush:
    https://media.giphy.com/media/oCmX7HGo1qnzhEBiRF/giphy.gif

• Sorry - just realised you'd already confirmed that Kontakt worked in your previous post! I think this is definitely going to be a very interesting Wotja release and have pre-ordered in anticipation...👍

@UMCorps said:
    Kontakt works fine in Wotja. I think the full suite of NI plug-ins passes validation ok but only have first hand experience of Kontakt.
    So you should be good with the Albion libraries.

• The pre-order Wotja Pro 2022 license breaks out to $2.08 US a month. I think that’s pretty reasonable. Why bother with anything else? :*

• @enkaytee said:
    Sorry - just realised you'd already confirmed that Kontakt worked in your previous post! I think this is definitely going to be a very interesting Wotja release and have pre-ordered in anticipation...👍

Thank you very much!

Best wishes, Pete

• @anickt said:
    The pre-order Wotja Pro 2022 license breaks out to $2.08 US a month. I think that’s pretty reasonable. Why bother with anything else? :*

Well, quite :smile:

• Pre-ordered and eagerly awaiting <3

• @knewspeak said:
    Pre-ordered and eagerly awaiting <3

Thank you very much :smile:

Here is a screenshot from one of our Beta Testers earlier today...

You can use the "Presets" button to access the menu of Presets available in the hosted plug-in (if any).

This shows the Plug-in UI "embedded" in Wotja. You also have the option to show the plug-in UI as a pop-up Window (you choose this option via Settings).

Best wishes,

Pete

• In case you're interested, if you use the Record tab in Wotja, your hosted plug-ins are of course processed as you'd expect when you create your audio recording.

• The latest nightly build of Surge XT also now works in Wotja 22, thanks to Paul at the Surge Synth Team!

• I realised I ought to mention another big area of change in Wotja 22 - namely, Sequences.

Firstly: the Generator type "Pattern" has been renamed to" Sequence", and Generators of type "Text to Music" are auto-converted to a Sequence Generator of type "Sequence", with a Text To Music Sequence using all the old Text to Music properties.

Text to Music Sequences have had a number of properties added, which make them much more flexible.

In case you've not spotted this in the Wotja 22 blurb: we've added support for Euclidean Sequences to Wotja 22. These have the classic Euclidean properties you'd expect, with various Wotja twists including ranges and optional binding-in to Rhythm Rules etc.

Sequence Arrays: one fun thing here is that, by setting up a number of Sequence (items) for a Generator (we call this a "Sequence Array" - used to be called "Pattern List")... the Generator can automatically cycle-through the different Sequence items while it is playing. So, it could start with a Euclidean, move on to a Text to Music, then a Rhythmic pattern... you get the drift.

Best wishes,

Pete

• Here is a very helpful video by @UMCorps illustrating Euclidean Sequences in Wotja 22.

Mark's videos are always excellent :smiley:

• @impete said:

@onerez said:

HA. Yes just saw that and bought a shirt from your Amazon Shop!!!!! WOOT!!! Or WOTJA!!!!

Wow - that is super kind of you! Naturally, I have a couple which get a lot of use :smile:

Pete

@impete ok got my shirt…. Now I am ready to WOTJA!!!!!!

• @impete said:
    I realised I ought to mention another big area of change in Wotja 22 - namely, Sequences.

Firstly: the Generator type "Pattern" has been renamed to" Sequence", and Generators of type "Text to Music" are auto-converted to a Sequence Generator of type "Sequence", with a Text To Music Sequence using all the old Text to Music properties.

Text to Music Sequences have had a number of properties added, which make them much more flexible.

In case you've not spotted this in the Wotja 22 blurb: we've added support for Euclidean Sequences to Wotja 22. These have the classic Euclidean properties you'd expect, with various Wotja twists including ranges and optional binding-in to Rhythm Rules etc.

Sequence Arrays: one fun thing here is that, by setting up a number of Sequence (items) for a Generator (we call this a "Sequence Array" - used to be called "Pattern List")... the Generator can automatically cycle-through the different Sequence items while it is playing. So, it could start with a Euclidean, move on to a Text to Music, then a Rhythmic pattern... you get the drift.

Best wishes,

Pete

Holy cow! Now I’m even more excited for W22. Thanks 😂

• @onerez said:
    @impete ok got my shirt…. Now I am ready to WOTJA!!!!!!

Now there's a nice shirt :smile:

Many thanks!! Best wishes, Pete

• @god said:

I hope you find the time to check-out Mark's video, up above in this thread. Naturally, because this is Wotja, we've added a few of our own twists to Euclideans that you can use to spice them up a bit!

Best wishes, Pete

• Preorder in looking fwd to the update had great fun with the 2021 version

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Preorder in looking fwd to the update had great fun with the 2021 version

Many thanks :smile:

Best wishes, Pete

• @impete said:

@god said:

I hope you find the time to check-out Mark's video, up above in this thread. Naturally, because this is Wotja, we've added a few of our own twists to Euclideans that you can use to spice them up a bit!

Best wishes, Pete

Watching Mark's video reminded me that much as I enjoy working with Wotja, I'd love the UI/UX to display more intuitive visual feedback. The reality with Wotja is that the UX is akin to changing a multitude of parameters in spreadsheet/table format. With the move to Euclidean sequencing, it feels like a missed opportunity that Wotja doesn't offer the circular visual metaphor as is used in many other Euclidean sequencer tools. This is of course only one aspect where thoughtful design could make Wotja more intuitive to artists.

Enhancing the UI/UX needs to offer far more than the ability to create custom themes.

• edited December 2021

@jonmoore said:
    it feels like a missed opportunity that Wotja doesn't offer the circular visual metaphor as is used in many other Euclidean sequencer tools.

Absolutely - we simply ran out of time for this for the initial release of Wotja 22!!

This is something I hope to do soonish…

Best wishes, Pete

• On the last day of the year, a little ambient track looking forward to tomorrow.

Using some of the new sample sets added to IM Synths in Wotja 22.

Recorded directly using the iPad screen cap utility. Audio is unedited. I did overlay some Lissajous figures recorded previously for eye candy.

I’ll post a link to the mix file and the synth definitions used here once Wotja 22 is live.