Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Helium - how to properly import Piano Motifs ?

So , I am trying to import midi files from Piano Motifs into Helium . Seems that no matter which "share" option I choose from Piano Motifs , I am able to import them to Helium , but when I then try to drag and drop the "accompaniment" to Track 1 and then the "melody" to Track 2 , I always get a popup that warns about replacing everything and then it does ..... How do I drag and drop the 2 different parts , files , to different tracks without ALL tracks being replaced ?

Thanks...

Comments

• Piano Motifs has an option where all the parts are exported in a single file... if you import that type of multi-channel MIDI file does it accept it in Helium? I don't own Helium so I can't play but I have imported Piano Motifs MIDI artifacts into LK and it accepts both file types
    and for the multi-track files it creates multiple import "blocks".

If Helium can't accept the multi-channel and it deletes tracks when a second file is offered then I'm really glad I didn't buy it. Totally NOT a great way to handle MIDI. But a nice little problem to try and solve.

• edited November 2021

Paul really can fix that kind of issue, report this to his Messenger (via FB). Helium is stable, LK is not (at least for me). Both apps have strengths and own sets of issues and responsive devs. Both are dirt cheap. There are NO iPadOS music making apps which can become the best they can be without our bug reports.

EDIT: I’ve reported the link to this topic to Paul.

• @instrument6 said:
    So , I am trying to import midi files from Piano Motifs into Helium . Seems that no matter which "share" option I choose from Piano Motifs , I am able to import them to Helium , but when I then try to drag and drop the "accompaniment" to Track 1 and then the "melody" to Track 2 , I always get a popup that warns about replacing everything and then it does ..... How do I drag and drop the 2 different parts , files , to different tracks without ALL tracks being replaced ?

Thanks...

Do MIDI files from other apps work ok when imported into Helium?

• edited November 2021

Huh, I never noticed this problem (and it does look like a bug) because I imported my whole "MIDI Files" folder into Helium. That works, btw. When you tap on the Files App icon, choose Import Folder.

Would be nice if the single file with multiple tracks actually imported successfully into multiple tracks in Helium!

• @McD said:
    Piano Motifs has an option where all the parts are exported in a single file... if you import that type of multi-channel MIDI file does it accept it in Helium? I don't own Helium so I can't play but I have imported Piano Motifs MIDI artifacts into LK and it accepts both file types

it seems to import all types of single and multi files - it just puts them all on the same "track" in Helium .

• @Janosax said:
    Paul really can fix that kind of issue, report this to his Messenger (via FB). Helium is stable, LK is not (at least for me). Both apps have strengths and own sets of issues and responsive devs. Both are dirt cheap. There are NO iPadOS music making apps which can become the best they can be without our bug reports.

EDIT: I’ve reported the link to this topic to Paul.

thanks a lot ... I dont have facebook

• @instrument6 said:

@McD said:
    Piano Motifs has an option where all the parts are exported in a single file... if you import that type of multi-channel MIDI file does it accept it in Helium? I don't own Helium so I can't play but I have imported Piano Motifs MIDI artifacts into LK and it accepts both file types

it seems to import all types of single and multi files - it just puts them all on the same "track" in Helium .

@azul3D_Apps has bent over backwards to add extra features… tell him what you want to see and he might be able to help. If the issue is in Helium then ask for an update there and let everybody be know that this works. They both want to sell more units.

• edited November 2021

@McD said:

@instrument6 said:

@McD said:

@azul3D_Apps has bent over backwards to add extra features… tell him what you want to see and he might be able to help. If the issue is in Helium then ask for an update there and let everybody be know that this works. They both want to sell more units.

I’m willing to bet it’s a helium thing. Multi track MIDI import works in NS2 for instance.

• @instrument6 said:

Thanks...

Anything you drag and drop from the Media Bay's Clips tab is a single channel MIDI clip and therefore can be dropped in place within your song. Anything you drag from Songs is considered a complete multi-channel MIDI file and therefore replaces everything. So it is essential to ensure anything that is a single track MIDI clip is imported in the Clips tab.

Also, if you can copy/paste MIDI from other apps then you have the choice to paste a selected track in-place.

• edited December 2021

@4pockets_paul said:

@instrument6 said:

Thanks...

Anything you drag and drop from the Media Bay's Clips tab is a single channel MIDI clip and therefore can be dropped in place within your song. Anything you drag from Songs is considered a complete multi-channel MIDI file and therefore replaces everything. So it is essential to ensure anything that is a single track MIDI clip is imported in the Clips tab.

Also, if you can copy/paste MIDI from other apps then you have the choice to paste a selected track in-place.

thanks very much and thanks for your cool apps and very considerate attention to your customers...

happy holidays...

• @4pockets_paul said:

@instrument6 said:

Thanks...

Hi Paul, then, how can I define my midi file as a clip? Piano Motifs does not make that distinction