Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MIDI FOOT CONROLLERS (Mega Thread).๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฆถ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿง€๐Ÿคฎ

2ยป

Comments

• @wired2moon said:
    Just ordered the MeloAudio Tone Shifter Mega, on Cyber Monday sale.

I play bass in a 3 piece, no keyboard player but we want synth parts in some songs so plan is to use this to tap tempo in AUM (for rhythm sync - our drummer can be a bit unpredictable!) and then trigger sequences and samples on my ipad here and there through the gentle art of stomping.

Nice thing about it is itโ€™s an audio interface as well as a midi foot controller, so reduces overall kit needed.

Looks cool. I remember the non interface version lacking the momentary cc, which made me return it. Is this the same?

• @supadom said:

@wired2moon said:

I play bass in a 3 piece, no keyboard player but we want synth parts in some songs so plan is to use this to tap tempo in AUM (for rhythm sync - our drummer can be a bit unpredictable!) and then trigger sequences and samples on my ipad here and there through the gentle art of stomping.

Nice thing about it is itโ€™s an audio interface as well as a midi foot controller, so reduces overall kit needed.

Looks cool. I remember the non interface version lacking the momentary cc, which made me return it. Is this the same?

Yeah I think so but don't need momentary cc just now (famous last words no doubt). Iโ€™ll see how I get on.

• @wired2moon said:

Was checking out the Meloaudio device and it looks 100% identical to a Harley Benton (Thomann) one. Could it be that both are just licenses from a manufacturer?.

• Ah yes, so it is. Those reviews on Thomann arenโ€™t massively encouraging :# Time will tell

• edited November 2021

I just recently got a midi foot switch from ebay. Rocktron MIDI Xchange. It has two 6,3mm inputs to connect any volume pedal you got lying around to send CC. Very cool, but still waiting to get tested!

And a footswitch of which I wish I could find out the name, because I think it's a really nice and cheap alternative since all these foot switches seem to cost a small fortune... It's a DIY solder kit. I'll try to dig out more infos...

edit: it was this one: http://www.uk-electronic.de/onlineshop/product_info.php?cPath=105_348&products_id=2976รขย€ย‹

• ๐Ÿ˜‚ great title

• @supadom said:

@wired2moon said:

I've got the MP100 (non interface version). Works really well for me, with momentary cc's (though I will double check when I get home). I use top row for guitar and bottom row for looper (Quantiloop / Enso / Loopy). I use it Bluetooth with a Yamaha UD-bt-01 (usb dongle) - there's no power to the midi 5pin out, so it won't work for 5pin bluetooth adapters, but the new CME bluetooth usb dongle should also work (now the yamaha's are hard to find).

• edited November 2021

I've been using a Softstep 2 with expression pedal to control loopers and virtual amps on my PC for a few years. Recently made the jump to iPad and it works very well, controlling Group-the-Loop, Nembrini amps, FX and drums.

There is definitely a learning curve to setting it up properly, but the pay-off is immense flexibility.

Regarding the pads, it is initially frustrating to use them as they are close together and sometimes you can miss a press. However there is an 'adjacent lockout' function. Nevertheless, I get best results using it barefoot.

I wouldn't gig with it though. There are the rare times when the USB connection is lost. If I was to gig I would probably invest in a Nektar Pacer.

• edited November 2021

Good old Korg NanaoPad. I just glued axe knobs on it. Works great! Nice and compact. Of course you cannot beat the cost effective Behringer FCB1010 which I own a couple of. However the Boss unit beats them all for convenience.