Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rhodes-off 2021! feat: NSKS2, Electric Vintage, House Mark I & VTines - Daveypoo, The MMM

Rhodes-off 2021! Comparing the top Electric Piano apps for iPad - Enjoy!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ooh! I really enjoyed the B-3 off.

• Vtines is a monster. The app description talks about the piano they sampled and how it had been completely refurbished. Basically it was as though they had sampled a new one.

• @BCKeys said:
    Thank for the video, Davey, I haven’t watch it yet (in my playlist for tonight!) but I can say VTines has completely replaced all my other Rhodes, including NSK2 !

Ditto!

• @ashh said:
    Vtines is a monster. The app description talks about the piano they sampled and how it had been completely refurbished. Basically it was as though they had sampled a new one.

I hope they port their Wurlitzer next.

• @BCKeys said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@ashh said:
    Vtines is a monster. The app description talks about the piano they sampled and how it had been completely refurbished. Basically it was as though they had sampled a new one.

I hope they port their Wurlitzer next.

I contacted them by email, they are not planning new iOS apps at the moment .. I am also looking forward to this Wurli 😖

Awe man, hopefully that changes. I’d love a guitar comparable to VTines (quality and footprint wise).

• Hey - glad you guys are digging it so far! I've had this in mind for a while now, just needed to space to do it.

Yeah, VTines is a monster - I really wasn't expecting that since NSKS2 has SO many different tones.

• Convinced me to take a flyer on VTines next time it's on sale. I love NSK2, but a legit lightweight alternative is enticing...

• That v tines is as full as that beard you got goin’. Thanks for the vid.

• @LinearLineman said:
    That v tines is as full as that beard you got goin’. Thanks for the vid.

The hobo-beard is an IAP I'm beta testing for apeSoft. It's got built on LFOs!

• Check out the GSi thread, bro.

• First heard about VTines. Sounds incredible. You think that they could port all of their libraries? https://www.acousticsamples.net/index.php?route=product/all :)

• I'm hoping so - that Wurlizter on their site sounds super sweet.

• Just for the record, I like the Colossus Piano "Colossus E-Piano Set" IAP which has the 6 historically significant E-Piano types and sells for $20.

Colossus Piano is free with a catalogue of sampled pianos to purchase.

I own all of those you demo'ed except for VTines and obviously I'll need to fix that at some point and support a new vendor's foray into the IOS market.

My nephew wants to give me a Rhodes Suitcase model to downsize his studio a bit. There's
    nothing like sitting down in front of that rear facing speaker for a sonic soul bath. But space is always a problem for me too. Too many toys. I've downsized and re-stocked 3 times over the years and never really had a stable studio design. That's why IOS works so well for me.

• Agreed - nothing beats the real thing, especially for feel. That seems like too good an opportunity to pass up, frankly.

• @Daveypoo said:
    Agreed - nothing beats the real thing, especially for feel. That seems like too good an opportunity to pass up, frankly.

It also involves renting a van, driving 300 miles, covid, and getting it moved upstairs, etc.
    I'd end up playing into headphones so... IOS is close enough.

• @Daveypoo thanks for the video. I had to pick up VTines right away when it came out sound unheard. I like it a lot and it is very lightweight compared to NSK2 but for me starts to get too “bell-y” in the upper octaves where NSK2 stays a bit more warm. I only use the suitcase mk 1-4...still coming in at over 3GB.

• I’m very impressed with Vtines too, and there is a lot of versatility with the controls too.

• edited April 2021

Thank a lot for this very nice comparison !
    I have all of these e-piano apps except Vtines which sounds incredible.
    Did you reckon a good polyphony amount ?

• @Paulo164 I've never had any polyphony issues with any of these apps.

• I picked up VTines and it's a stellar Rhodes. Colossus has several Mark model for me to compare and one sound very similar but without the lovely mid-range bloom that comes with a good tube amp. The high notes of the VTines are very bell-like and I love that sound.
    The Colossus upper notes just don't ring like that.

• @Daveypoo said:
    @Paulo164 I've never had any polyphony issues with any of these apps.

Thanks! Polyphony is of upmost importance to me 😬.

Well, it looks like Vtines is the PianoTeq of Rhodes piano on iOS.
    Vtines is an hybrid modeled / sampled instruments claiming, besides a very good sound, a very good playability with 128 « true » levels of dynamic. Maybe @Daveypoo you felt that while playing ?

Thanks again for the video.

@McD said:

My nephew wants to give me a Rhodes Suitcase model to downsize his studio a bit.

Send that Suitcase to me! :#

I don’t have space for it either, but I’ll get rid of my stove or refrigerator or dining table to make room! :p

• @Paulo164 I don't know if I can say I hear 128 different velocity layers but it's expressive enough for my needs.

• I'm surprised that nobody mentioned the Scarbee library on Korg Module, it sounds sooo sweet!

• That's one I don't have, unfortunately - I never grabbed Module as I had the sounds in other apps already, but I've heard great things!

• Huge fan of NSK2 here but tempted by the smaller footprint of V-Tines.
    I don’t like my Rhodes to sound too smooth (I like the imperfections) and this is something that NSK2 excels in.
    Can V-Tines scratch that itch or is it more aimed at recreating a Rhodes in perfect condition?