Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OMG I got a cellular 5G iPad Pro

Tethering BLOWS! It’s ok in a pinch but not for ongoing .. It times out and kills your battery for sure . T mobile has great tablet plans for quite cheap. After six years on my first generation Wi-Fi iPad Pro , this 5g version is SO awesome . I could NEVER go back now . It’s really the way Ipadding SHOULD be .

Comments

• Have fun, fun, fun till your daddy takes your T Mobile away!

• @LinearLineman said:
    Have fun, fun, fun till your daddy takes your T Mobile away!

Ha ha ha ha!

• edited November 2021

Yeah, the new iPads Pro are amazing. Get Cubasis 3 while on sale and go crazy with 30 instances of Model D 🥳 (when multi-core rendering is turned on). We are really coming close to MacBook performance.

But why LTE? The new iPads Pro have have got 5G. Here in Berlin I have download speeds of 260 Mbit - that’s more than double than my landline DSL internet at home with 100 Mbit. It’s really insane.

• I concur, I just did a similar upgrade. It is really nice to have 5G and a Pro. Sometimes I forgot I have 5G then get excited all over again. 😂

• @Telstar5 Congrats ! best thing I could have done was buy my 2018 iPad Pro with LTE.. i am about to upgrade to an M1 iPad pro

• Yeah I've been rocking an LTE iPad 6th gen. It's super cool to be able to use the internet anywhere.

It helped me get an iPad as a student without having to pay the full price immediately, instead spread over 24 months.

• Now give it to me and get another one 😁

• Meh. The first time I got a phone call on my iPad would be the biggest buzzkill I could imagine. The part where my phone works like a phone is the only thing I hate about it. 😂

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    I concur, I just did a similar upgrade. It is really nice to have 5G and a Pro. Sometimes I forgot I have 5G then get excited all over again. 😂

Ha ha that last line .. Me too!!

• @krassmann said:
    Yeah, the new iPads Pro are amazing. Get Cubasis 3 while on sale and go crazy with 30 instances of Model D 🥳 (when multi-core rendering is turned on). We are really coming close to MacBook performance.

But why LTE? The new iPads Pro have have got 5G. Here in Berlin I have download speeds of 260 Mbit - that’s more than double than my landline DSL internet at home with 100 Mbit. It’s really insane.

@krassmann said:

Sorry , I put it wrong . It IS 5g . Cellular .. I’ll correct

• edited November 2021

@Telstar5 said:
    Tethering BLOWS! It’s ok in a pinch but not for ongoing .. It times out and kills your battery for sure . T mobile has great tablet plans for quite cheap. After six years on my first generation Wi-Fi iPad Pro , this 5g version is SO awesome . I could NEVER go back now . It’s really the way Ipadding SHOULD be .

Some people I know who bought WiFi model iPads ruled out iPad is a pretty much “useless” product. I advised them to try cellular version and they changed their opinion after trying.

iPad gets much more use when it is cellular as it can be used from anywhere - just like a phone without needing to be under WiFi. I’ve always purchased the cellular iPad - be it mini, Air, Pro… because I can add the iPad to my phone’s shared plan for just $10 bucks a month and access internet from anywhere - just like a phone!

Cellular model may cost $150 extra but I can recover that amount within 6 months because adding a WiFi model to phone’s data plan costs $30 a month. Compare that to $10 for cellular model.

Tethering drains battery and drops connection frequently.

I hope you bought the 11” Pro :smile: Congrats!

• I tether my iPhone Pro Max for a 5G connection to my WiFi M1 iPad Pro and never have any problems with the connection. I have unlimited data on my mobile plan and that includes unlimited tethering. I wasn’t put off by the extra cost of the 5G iPad models, but I sure didn’t like the idea of having to take out a separate mobile plan just for my iPad Pro. I tend to use my iPad Mini for those times when mobile, but yet again that’s WiFi only.

There was a time when unlimited data mobile plans limited the tethered data you can use but that’s not been the case with my provider (Three) here in the UK for a good number of years. But Three certainly ain’t cheap when it comes to their ‘all you can eat’ plans!

• Do you have an iPhone 13 pro max? It has better battery than the 12.. Anyway you slice it though tethering drains batteries. And I hated having to pair up my devices each time. With my new iPad it’s just “on and go” at all times. I’m over 55 so my TMobile plan charges only $20 per month for my iPad and that’s unlimited data.
    As for the mini, I seriously considered it but the dim screen didn’t sit well with me. I much prefer the iPhone 13 pro max oled screen although of course there is some sacrificing onscreen real estate there.

• @MobileMusic said:

@Telstar5 said:

Some people I know who bought WiFi model iPads ruled out iPad is a pretty much “useless” product. I advised them to try cellular version and they changed their opinion after trying.

iPad gets much more use when it is cellular as it can be used from anywhere - just like a phone without needing to be under WiFi. I’ve always purchased the cellular iPad - be it mini, Air, Pro… because I can add the iPad to my phone’s shared plan for just $10 bucks a month and access internet from anywhere - just like a phone!

Cellular model may cost $150 extra but I can recover that amount within 6 months because adding a WiFi model to phone’s data plan costs $30 a month. Compare that to $10 for cellular model.

Tethering drains battery and drops connection frequently.

I hope you bought the 11” Pro :smile: Congrats!

I almost went with the ‘11 but in the end I went with the 12.9: I can still exchange it though .. Change my mind , lol

• @MobileMusic :Vortex I thought you said you use a 12.9.

• @MobileMusic :Tethering DEFINITELY drops connection.

• @Telstar5 said:
    @MobileMusic :Vortex I thought you said you use a 12.9.

I'm not MobileMusicPro :smile:

(12.9" is okay to use it at a desk - not really mobile)

• I’m still using a 12 Pro Max but I’ve never had issues with severe battery drain or dropped connections (and I'll often be using tethered connections for a full workday). However, I always go out with a wireless/wired portable power bank (a 33800mAh model) as I expect extra power drain when using WiFi tethering.

The issue I have is that I have two laptops and two iPads that I interchange as mobile devices (in both cases lightweight vs heavier but more powerful). When on extended breaks, I may have up the three of the four devices, so tethering backed up by a power bank is the most flexible for my use case. If I were only using one mobile device, a combined WiFi/5G model might be more optimal for my needs.

BTW I wasn't suggesting that getting a combined 5G/WiFi iPad model was somehow a bad purchase, we all have different preferences. But I do tether a lot, and with my iPhone Pro Max I've not encountered dropouts apart from in areas where the 5G connection was weak. But then I temporally swap to a 4G connection and things are stable once again. I've even had situations at home where the household broadband has gone down for 48 hrs and I've had to use the iPhone as a permanent WiFi connection (the iPhone is obviously permanently charging in that situation) and had negligible dropped connections.

• When I used to commute 12 hours a week I had no interest in having internet on my iPad. Made a ton of BM3 and NS2 tracks that way.

• @jonmoore : Interesting..I've had both and the cellular just works for me.

• @MobileMusic said:

@Telstar5 said:
    @MobileMusic :Vortex I thought you said you use a 12.9.

I'm not MobileMusicPro :smile:

(12.9" is okay to use it at a desk - not really mobile)

Good to know, thanks... I carry a bag w me so the 12.9size is not an issue.

• edited November 2021

The OG Pro was a desk/lap device, but the newer ones with the minimal bezel are so much smaller and lighter that they easily go anywhere. My 12.9 gets WAY more use than my 11.

The 11 does make a very nice Super Kindle, though.

Congratz on the amazing upgrade!

• @Liquidmantis : “Superkindle”, ha ha ha XaCT!!! And yeah my OG 2015 12.9 was crazy bulky.. This one is sleek. Thank you and a happy Thanksgiving to you wherever you might be ..

• edited November 2021

Hang on...the iPad Pro lineup is super confusing . Why is the M1 iPad Pro 11in called the 3rd generation, while the M1 iPad Pro 12.9in called the 5th generation?

• @seonnthaproducer said:
    Hang on...the iPad Pro lineup is super confusing . Why is the M1 iPad Pro 11in called the 3rd generation, while the M1 iPad Pro 12.9in called the 5th generation?

Lol, crazy, right? Because the first Gen iPad Pro was only 12.9… That was 2015. The first 11’ iPad Pro came out I think in 2018. So by the time the 1st Gen 11’ came out, there was already a second or third Gen iPad 12.9

• The 12.9 has had more iterations. The 11 is a newer size. But yeah, it’s annoying from a non-engineering view.

@Telstar5 said:
    @Liquidmantis : “Superkindle”, ha ha ha XaCT!!! And yeah my OG 2015 12.9 was crazy bulky.. This one is sleek. Thank you and a happy Thanksgiving to you wherever you might be ..

<3. Colorado, here. Thanks and I hope you’re having a great one, too!

• edited November 2021

@seonnthaproducer said:

5th revision of an ipad with "pro" moniker (10.5 then the 12s)
    3rd revision of an 11" iPad (with the pro specs of its larger sibling)

• Thanks @AlmostAnonymous @Telstar5
    Might actually end up upgrading my iPad because of this thread. 😂

• edited November 2021

@jonmoore said:
    I tether my iPhone Pro Max for a 5G connection to my WiFi M1 iPad Pro and never have any problems with the connection. I have unlimited data on my mobile plan and that includes unlimited tethering. I wasn’t put off by the extra cost of the 5G iPad models, but I sure didn’t like the idea of having to take out a separate mobile plan just for my iPad Pro. I tend to use my iPad Mini for those times when mobile, but yet again that’s WiFi only.

There was a time when unlimited data mobile plans limited the tethered data you can use but that’s not been the case with my provider (Three) here in the UK for a good number of years. But Three certainly ain’t cheap when it comes to their ‘all you can eat’ plans!

I have unlimited data on my phone (£15pm, 12 month simo contract) and a 2018 iPad Pro with a 4G connection. Well, I think it's 4G, I've never actually used it. I tether it to my phone and have zero issues with tethering. I mean, I'm sure 5G is great on an iPad but I don't think it's great because tethering blows on an iPad. At least, not in the UK anyway.