Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MPE

edited November 2021 in Support and Feedback

Can I route midi from ipad to ipad via audio4c ( so I dont have to buy an mpe controller ) ?

Comments

• There are a few ways you can go, however I’m not sure about audio4c.

There are a couple apps out there that can help.

I also think you can simply connect them via Bluetooth.

• Not sure if these are similar techniques or not… hopefully they help.

• Might help too…

• Thanks Poppadocrock.

Connected via the bt app and also via usb's of audio4c. Which in theory. Should work better if its ment to work.

Both cases sound the same. Not all data ( maybe velocity )

Can an ipad send out multi channel midi via the cck, anyway?

• @sigma79 : perhaps you could edit the thread title? It’ll help people know whether it is one of interest.

Tx

• Cheers espiegel.

Should be cool. Might not always need mpe but would be good to know if it can be usb mpe across ipads using audio4c.

• @sigma79 said:

Yes, it certainly can. The USB interface doesn't interpret the MIDI messages. You can check what's being received (or sent) with a MIDI monitor. Make sure nothing's filtering the channels, or converting all messages to one channel. Audiobus, for example, can do this, depending on how you configure the MIDI out.

• edited November 2021

It used to work on iPhone when we still had 3d touch. But then apple took it away in a system update. I heard it was about a patent infringement. Still pissed about that :-(
    Velocity keyboard is the midi au mpe keyboard I like the best. It derives pressure from touch radius.
    Allthough there seems to be a bug with the pressure sent. It sends pressure = 0 right after the first pressure value. @Bluemangoo_Dev_1

• @Alfred said:
    It used to work on iPhone when we still had 3d touch. But then apple took it away in a system update. I heard it was about a patent infringement. Still pissed about that :-(
    Velocity keyboard is the midi au mpe keyboard I like the best. It derives pressure from touch radius.
    Allthough there seems to be a bug with the pressure sent. It sends pressure = 0 right after the first pressure value. @Bluemangoo_Dev_1

Bought this app. Didnt think it were mpe at the time. Heard Gav say its best also. Will see if I can setup.

Cheers.

• @uncledave said:

@sigma79 said:

Yes, it certainly can. The USB interface doesn't interpret the MIDI messages. You can check what's being received (or sent) with a MIDI monitor. Make sure nothing's filtering the channels, or converting all messages to one channel. Audiobus, for example, can do this, depending on how you configure the MIDI out.

What free midi monitor do you recommend? Does Drambo have a monitor.

The audio4c can point at the other ipad but its not mpe. So maybe will see what a monitor says

• With the animoog app. Is it best to see app, as well as use keyboard?

I mapped an ec4 to mononokes. Works well. Maybe can map to knobs.

Also I think you map stuff to keys?

• @sigma79 said:

@uncledave said:

@sigma79 said:

The audio4c can point at the other ipad but its not mpe. So maybe will see what a monitor says

Drambo has a monitor, but it's behind whatever MIDI filtering Drambo applies. MIDI Wrench is free and sees everything.

I don't believe the audio4c can be mpe or not. MIDI messages are just messages, so they should pass transparently through, unless the iPad software is filtering MIDI channels.

• @uncledave said:

@sigma79 said:

@uncledave said:

@sigma79 said:

Drambo has a monitor, but it's behind whatever MIDI filtering Drambo applies. MIDI Wrench is free and sees everything.

I don't believe the audio4c can be mpe or not. MIDI messages are just messages, so they should pass transparently through, unless the iPad software is filtering MIDI channels.

Cheers uncle. Dont think I need to send midi across ipads. Will get midi wrench though.

• @sigma79 said:
    Can I route midi from ipad to ipad via audio4c ( so I dont have to buy an mpe controller ) ?

For me the Animoog keyboard is better to use than the Roli app. It's far, far more adjustable, and you can easily adjust every aspect of it in midflight.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@sigma79 said:

For me the Animoog keyboard is better to use than the Roli app. It's far, far more adjustable, and you can easily adjust every aspect of it in midflight.

Will check the moog keyboard. Iv set my ipad vertical anyway. Good for eye sight and more apps.